IGNORED

Judge William Adams reinstated

Guest purposing

Guest Anonymous

The Texas Supreme Court has apparently lifted the suspension on child-abuser Judge William Adams.

http://www.kiiitv.com/story/20016423/te ... suspension

Although it is not yet confirmed he will return to the bench, the Texas Department of Family and Protective services has apparently modified its initial request that Adams be barred from hearing cases relating to child abuse and neglect, now asking that he only be disallowed from hearing cases involving violence.

So, after a year of paid suspension, he has received a slap on the wrist and is good to go? :shock:

What the ever loving fuck??? They reinstated this child abuser. All I can do right now is :angry-cussingblack: :angry-screaming: :obscene-birdiered:

Guest Anonymous

Would it just be coincidental that his suspension was lifted on election day, when the newspapers might have one or two other front page things to report? :?

Texans gonna be Texans.

Hopefully his wife won't have a change of heart and return to him, that would be too much approval of his beating his daughter.

I hold his wife responsible as well. She took part in that beating and was right there for the whole goddamned thing.

My mom was a victim of severe spousal abuse, but once she feared my father would turn on me, she left him. If that girl had been my daughter, that man would have had to kill me before he ever laid a hand on my child.

Guest Anonymous
I hold his wife responsible as well. She took part in that beating and was right there for the whole goddamned thing.

My mom was a victim of severe spousal abuse, but once she feared my father would turn on me, she left him. If that girl had been my daughter, that man would have had to kill me before he ever laid a hand on my child.

I have two friends who (separately) put up with hellishly abusive marriages, but the tipping point for each came when the spouse showed signs of abusing her children. I also hold the mother partially responsible for the attack. Neither of them deserve to have any relationship with their children, but I am not entirely surprised that the daughter has maintained a relationship with her mother, given the emotional complexities surrounding the whole affair.

But I am stunned, truly stunned, that Texas is willing to reinstate the abuser to preside over a Family Court after this. :shock:

I agree, Koala. The father's actions were heinous, but the mother wasn't any better - at all.

Guest Anonymous

The daughter is still only young. She may well yet view her mother's part in it all differently as she gains a different perspective on the whole thing.

I think she's in her 20s. I thought she already had a pretty clear idea of her mother's culpability, although I could be remembering that wrong.

Guest Anonymous

I think I remember seeing Hillary and her mother on a tv segment, where her mother 'explained' that she was under duress at the time, and Hillary saying she had forgiven her mother and understood her mother's perspective.

Although Hillary is an adult (20ish), I'm guessing she probably doesn't have much life experience through which to process what happened to her. I would not be surprised if she were later to re-frame the situation - especially if she has children, or contact with children through family or work, which causes her to step outside the situation and think, "shit, nothing would cause me to stand by and watch a child being beaten...".

I agree, Koala. The father's actions were heinous, but the mother wasn't any better - at all.

Especially because was totally sporting a full chub during a good portion of the beating.

One bad thing about being in law school is that I've learned to look at the whole picture. I can't believe I'm even saying this, but some of the things the daughter did just before she released this video did not make her look good. The circumstances with paying for the car, etc. But anything that can potentially be ammo for the abuser doesn't help.

That being said -- I don't think this is the kind of man who deserves to wear the robes of a judge. At least he won't be able to handle any child abuse or domestic cases ever again. I don't think he will be reelected, but maybe I'm being too optimistic.

I watched her when she was on Dr.Phil and I think the mom was just as guilty as the dad. And he still has a ten year old girl at home.

But really... seventeen times with a belt... for downloading a song. Unreal.

I started following Hilary on Twitter when the video came out. I never unfollowed her. She's not taking the reinstatement likely. She called the Texas Supreme court rich republican cunts.

When not dealing with her fuck of a father, she tweets pretty normal stuff for someone her age.

One bad thing about being in law school is that I've learned to look at the whole picture. I can't believe I'm even saying this, but some of the things the daughter did just before she released this video did not make her look good. The circumstances with paying for the car, etc. But anything that can potentially be ammo for the abuser doesn't help.

That being said -- I don't think this is the kind of man who deserves to wear the robes of a judge. At least he won't be able to handle any child abuse or domestic cases ever again. I don't think he will be reelected, but maybe I'm being too optimistic.

I watched her when she was on Dr.Phil and I think the mom was just as guilty as the dad. And he still has a ten year old girl at home.

I also can't believe you're saying that. Unbelievable.

Let me clarify; I don't think it should matter what she did or said. What he did is abuse, and I'm glad she posted the video.

I'm saying in regards to the decision makers who let her father back on the bench - it's likely they looked at that as a factor and used it to mitigate the whole thing and make it "okay" for them to let him back on the bench.

I don't agree with it. But I believe they took it and ran with it so they could justify their actions.

I apologize - I don't think I worded what I meant to say properly.

Guest Anonymous

I don't think a law degree is a necessary requirement for being able to look at 'the whole picture'? I would have thought though, that a look at the whole picture would entail considering the relative ages and the power differential between the concerned parties, and asking oneself if there is anything, ever, that can mitigate against the reality of a grown man hitting a child in his care with a leather belt, for any reason whatsoever? :roll:

And, according to the reports, he will indeed now be free to preside over abuse cases, as long as those don't include physical abuse.

I don't know how to make this any clearer; from a strictly LEGAL worldview, I simply stated that I understood what may have been part of a mitigating factor for the decision to reinstate him. The powers that be would have taken her actions as evidence to the contrary - NOT that hitting a child with a belt like that is ever okay. I originally stated that I hated to say it, because the education I'm getting forces me to look at things I would rather not. LIKE a very popular judge who does some ungodly things and the powers that be looking for an excuse for him and a reason to put him back on the bench.

Archived