IGNORED

Kevin Swanson blames Teh Ghey for Hurricane Sandy

mirele

The last time we heard from Kevin Swanson, he was promoting the Botkinettes. Here he's blaming Teh Gheys for Hurricane Sandy. The money quotes:

Swanson: The two worst storms, material-wise, in the history of America has happened in just the last five years and here’s the interesting thing about this storm, it hit New York City and if you’re trying to think of the most pro-homosexual, liberal cities in America, you would probably say, give me the top three most pro-homosexual, pro-liberal cities in America, it would probably be?

Buehner: New York, San Francisco, New Orleans.

Swanson: Yes, exactly. Now we have two out of three. The good news is San Francisco is in a safe location; well it’s on the ocean.

Buehner: God would have to move heaven and earth, well just really earth.

Swanson: Earth. San Francisco is still okay though, everybody understand, San Francisco is still okay, hasn’t had the big earthquake yet… yet.

…

Swanson: The hurricanes of the last ten years are four times worse than the hurricanes of the 1990s and twelve times worse of the hurricanes of the 70s and 80s, now this is interesting because I would say that the United States has not been honoring God very much, am I out on a limb here? The United States of America is more pro-abortion than ever before, certainly is funding more abortions than ever before; the United States is far more homosexual than it was in the 1990s, I mean there are hundreds of times more high school homosexual clubs and programs, and you’ve got California bringing all their pro-homosexual indoctrination into public schools. This stuff was not happening in the 1980s and 1990s, it’s happening now, it’s been happening for the last twelve years. America is not doing well in the macro-culture, okay? There is a God in the heavens and in the past, sins like homosexuality and the shedding of innocent blood have really irritated Him.

It doesn't seem to have occurred to Swanson that the reason hurricanes are worse now is because we're in a period of adverse global climate change (aka "global warming). But noooo, must blame it on the ebil homoSEXuals.

I'd also note (again) that Jesus said nothing about homosexuality or abortion, but did have quite a bit to say about caring for the poor and downtrodden, which is not part of Swanson and his fellow-travelers focus. :roll:

Hat tip to Right Wing Watch (http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/k ... cisco-next) for transcribing this quote.

My theory is that if this really was divine intervention, it is God's way of sending a message to all of the Republicans who had a good laugh about rising ocean levels at the RNC.

The top 10 worst hurricanes in the US, according to records (http://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/usdeadly.asp) were all in the South which, then & now, is home to many of the Christian conservations & fundies in the US.

While I'd love to correlate this to God sending a message to the fundies in these areas both then & now, something tells me that location and weather may actually have more to do with it all!

Swanson: The hurricanes of the last ten years are four times worse than the hurricanes of the 1990s and twelve times worse of the hurricanes of the 70s and 80s, now this is interesting because I would say that the United States has not been honoring God very much, am I out on a limb here? The United States of America is more pro-abortion than ever before, certainly is funding more abortions than ever before; the United States is far more homosexual than it was in the 1990s, I mean there are hundreds of times more high school homosexual clubs and programs, and you’ve got California bringing all their pro-homosexual indoctrination into public schools. This stuff was not happening in the 1980s and 1990s, it’s happening now, it’s been happening for the last twelve years. America is not doing well in the macro-culture, okay? There is a God in the heavens and in the past, sins like homosexuality and the shedding of innocent blood have really irritated Him

Yes, you are out on a limb here, you fucking nutjob. The number of abortions in the US has decreased over the last 12 years, and the US does not fund them except in rare circumstances. The fact that there are more organizations that support GLBT people does not mean that we are "more homosexual" than in the 1990s. It just means that people feel less need to hide being gay, or torture and/or kill themself over it. Most people consider it a good thing when there are programs in place to keep teens from killing themselves.

Apparently there is a metric shit-ton of stuff that "irritates" god, as he seems to enjoy dealing out violent yet non-specific punishments all the time. I don't know why someone would look at a natural disaster and think, wow, isn't it awesome that our god has no other way to show us his wrath except to kill dozens of innocent people and destroy all their stuff! I wanna worship him!!

Seriously, what do people like this have to say about the Joplin tornado? It killed more people in the US than Sandy. It happened a year and half ago and they still aren't completely finished cleaning it up. What did the people in one of the most conservative parts of the country do to incur god's punishment? So freaking stupid.

There is a God in the heavens and in the past, sins like homosexuality and the shedding of innocent blood have really irritated Him.
If this was factual, wouldn't Vatican City have been hit by hurricanes, earthquakes, and tornados when the whole pedophilia scandal broke?

Let's add Maryland to this list, we got hit by a hurricane earlier this week because next week we're going to legalize gay marriage. :D

so lets get this straight. when gays were in the closet got was fine but once they came out they started pissing god off. so either god does not want it in the open or god did not know till they showed themselves. So god makes people gay then punishes them if they show they are gay? God seems to only be able to use a storm for a job that could be done with a hammer.

Delurking to share this with you, from the Daily Mash (UK's equivalent of the Onion).

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/envi ... 2102946761

HURRICANE Sandy is just an unfortunate bout of bad weather, according to America’s right-wing clerics.

Insane US priests claimed Hurricane Katrina was God’s warning to those who choose to be gay, and that the earthquake in Japan was God’s wrath against those who choose to be Japanese.

However they believe Hurricane Sandy – which is due to hit God-fearing Kentucky and South Carolina – is simply a tropical cyclone that is meteorologically typical of the region.

Enjoy!

The top 10 worst hurricanes in the US, according to records (http://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/usdeadly.asp) were all in the South which, then & now, is home to many of the Christian conservations & fundies in the US.

While I'd love to correlate this to God sending a message to the fundies in these areas both then & now, something tells me that location and weather may actually have more to do with it all!

Yeah, how do these fundies explain the Galveston hurricane of 1900 that killed about 12,000 people including 90 children and 10 sisters at St Mary's Orphanage, the Labor Day hurricane of 1936 that killed 408 people, among them 200 WW I veterans who had been hired to build US 1 down to Key West, or the Okeechobee hurricane of 1928 that killed an estimated 3000 people when the storm surge broke the dike on Lake Okeechobee? Btw, the real death toll in the Lake Okeechobee storm is not known as many victims were African-American and their deaths weren't counted.

Yeah, how do these fundies explain the Galveston hurricane of 1900 that killed about 12,000 people including 90 children and 10 sisters at St Mary's Orphanage, the Labor Day hurricane of 1936 that killed 408 people, among them 200 WW I veterans who had been hired to build US 1 down to Key West, or the Okeechobee hurricane of 1928 that killed an estimated 3000 people when the storm surge broke the dike on Lake Okeechobee? Btw, the real death toll in the Lake Okeechobee storm is not known as many victims were African-American and their deaths weren't counted.

@PennySycamore -

never_mind-300x225.jpg

I still have no idea how to use my magical gay powers to influence the weather. Someone should teach me, my gay superpowers seem to be going to waste :D Here's some extra gayness... :gay-rainbowflag: :gay-rainbow: :gay-color: ...so have I changed the weather yet?

:D

These people are ridiculous. So when a natural disaster happens in their area God is testing their faithfulness but when it happens in an area dominated by liberal heathens it's because of the gheys? Doesn't even make twisted sense. And there are the same amount of gays there have always been, and the proportion of the population that's gay is probably the same in every area. The only thing that's changed is the level of fear people feel about being open about it, and nowadays there are mostly less consequences for being openly gay than there used to be.

Amazing how people like this always crawl out of the woodwork after a natural disaster just in time to crap on top of people suffering. What a jack ass.

Archived