IGNORED

Church Stands Behind Youth Pastor Who Gave Sex Toys to 14 yo

Alecto

Yuma, AZ- Robert Warren is behind bars for allegedly giving items of a sexual nature to a 14-year-old girl.

"They were basically sex toys. I don't want to get graphic but they could be classified as sex toys," said Lt. Darren Simmons with YCSO.

The 43-year old is a youth pastor at Valley Baptist Church.

The Yuma County Sheriff's Office says they received a call late Saturday night from a mother stating her daughter had received the items from Warren.

YCSO says he admitted to buying and delivering the items to the girls home after he was taken into custody for questioning.

"Right now it's looking like an isolated incident. We don't want to take anything away from the church. People are people. Unfortunately, you can't always tell what they are like. Just because that's where he worked. I Don't think people should hold it against the church," said Lt.Darren Simmons with YCSO.

Glenn Conelle, the church pastor told News 13 off camera that he is shocked to hear about the allegations against warren.

He says this is totally out of Warren's character.

Pastor Conelle says Warren has worked with the church for nearly 20 years and they are standing behind him.

He says they will act appropriately depending on how this case unfolds.

Warren will be in court on Friday to find out if 2 counts of furnishing harmful materials to a minor were filed against him.

He remains in jail on a cash only bond of more than 63,000 dollars.

http://www.kswt.com/story/19981593/yuma ... uth-pastor

She must have tempted him. This is clearly all her fault. :roll:

"Right now it's looking like an isolated incident. We don't want to take anything away from the church. People are people. Unfortunately, you can't always tell what they are like. Just because that's where he worked. I Don't think people should hold it against the church," said Lt.Darren Simmons with YCSO.

You know people said thing that were eerily similar about Jerry Sandusky.

Glenn Conelle, the church pastor told News 13 off camera that he is shocked to hear about the allegations against warren.

He says this is totally out of Warren's character.

Pastor Conelle says Warren has worked with the church for nearly 20 years and they are standing behind him.

Alright, we shouldn't hold the fact that the youth pastor got arrested against the church. What about the fact that the church is standing behind him, even though he gave sex toys to a youngster? Can't that be held against them? Sheesh.

How can those actions be defended? If that happened to one of the pastors at my church I def would NOT stand by him.

Well that's not creepy/inappropriate/horrifying at all....

I doubt this would be the same reaction if he gave them to a male child. . . . Or what if it was drugs or booze?

FFS! This is called grooming folks! It is what sexual predators do. The odds are that if this person was giving sex toys to a 14 year old now, and he was working with youths for 20 years, that he has been engaging in inappriate conduct (at the very least) for quite a while. Denial is NOT just a river in Egypt. I hope the parents of this chld (and anyone else with children) promptly find a new church; if this particular organization is going to stand behind an adult who was caught giving sex toys to a child.

Riiiiight. Simply because he was a Youth Pastor we really shouldn't expect him *not* to give a minor a sex toy. Because, you know, he was just being human.

Sheesh.

How is something "basically" a sex toy? Either it is or it isn't, right? Or are there products out there that I'm not familiar with?

ETA Maybe he gave her a vibrating massager as a gift like my mom did for me when I was 16. That ended up being basically a sex toy...

I wonder if he gave her one of these?

And OMFG how nasty for the youth pastor to give a 14YO girl anything that could remotely be construed as a sex toy!!!!

It's totally out of character? No, it's just that he hasn't been caught before now. People who have psychotic breaks and act out of character generally don't give kids sex toys.

Why is the church standing behind this youth pastor? You have to wonder how many other teenagers the youth pastor gave sex toys to. :think:

I wonder if he gave her one of these?

And OMFG how nasty for the youth pastor to give a 14YO girl anything that could remotely be construed as a sex toy!!!!

I had no idea Sephora sold vibrators...

I don't understand why they would support him, when he admitted to doing it. They really need to take a step back and look at the situation. They need to ask past children in the youth groups if he did anything to them or gave them sex toys and have his ass booted back to jail. Even if this church did background checks, they may have come up empty because he may never have been caught.

Kudos to the mom for going to the police and standing up to him and helping her daughter and all of the other children past and present.

It's totally out of character? No, it's just that he hasn't been caught before now. People who have psychotic breaks and act out of character generally don't give kids sex toys.

This. When well-loved authority figures are caught sexually abusing kids, a reasonable reaction is "I can't believe a pedophile has been blending into our community all this time!" not "well he's not usually like this..."

I had no idea Sephora sold vibrators...

That Sephora sells a vibrating duck is the most shocking thing in this thread for me. I think I'm getting jaded.

That Sephora sells a vibrating duck is the most shocking thing in this thread for me. I think I'm getting jaded.

Me too, I had no idea. Clearly I've been looking at the wrong displays...

Guest Anonymous
Alright, we shouldn't hold the fact that the youth pastor got arrested against the church. What about the fact that the church is standing behind him, even though he gave sex toys to a youngster? Can't that be held against them? Sheesh.

I'm holding it against the church because they're standing by him.

Archived