IGNORED

ARKANSAS REP. ENDORSES DEATH PENALTY FOR REBELLIOUS CHILDREN

Lillybee

Speaking of abortion, let's take a trip down the NexisLexis newspaper database memory lane:

Arkansas Democrat-Gazette (Little Rock, Ark)

March 22, 1999

Impeding abortion; legislating isn’t enough (Editorial)

Pg B5

... House Bill 1969 by Republican Rep. Jim Bob Dugger of Springdale, would require women to submit to ultrasound imaging and then, presumably, stew over the visual results for 24 hours before obtaining to an abortion. It passed the House 54-19 this past Thursday... "This is not a roadblock to stopping abortions," Dugger declared, "it's just a speed bump to make them have enough information."...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It would just bless my heart if it became public knowledge that they support a guy who wants to stone children to death.

One of us should seriously pass this info on it really needs to be spread to as many media outlets as possible.

I sent it in to TMZ. Who else would pick it up and make it popular? I shall do my part in spreading the word if I can!

So how does this fit into their "flowers" analogy?

"You can't have too many children, just like you can't have too many flowers! But if any of those flowers gives you attitude, you can rip it to shreds!"

I really missed the boat when I dismissed Jerry Falwell as a crank that all rational people would dismiss and expected him to disappear from the public domain fairly quickly.

Dominionists like this Arkansas Rep. and Gary North make Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson look like major social libertarians. Joke, but you get the gist...

It's not the first time that I read the death penalty advocated for some rebel kids in America...Only it used to be by Dominionist nuts on the margin of society, not by elected officials. Scary. :x

But... but then Michele can't boast that she has 19 kids! and two in heaven!

:roll:

More VSE's? More sobbing graveside services for the kid who rolled his eyes at his/her parents? Methinks that would equal more rating and save their little dog and pony show for a few more seasons.

I'm surprised there's no comments about the Duggars - oh, they're the supposedly "Godliest Christian examples in America that everybody needs to learn from!1!"

Dominionists like this Arkansas Rep. and Gary North make Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson look like major social libertarians. Joke, but you get the gist...

It's not the first time that I read the death penalty advocated for some rebel kids in America...Only it used to be by Dominionist nuts on the margin of society, not by elected officials. Scary. :x

This guy is NOT an elected official yet. He is running for election. The state Republican Party suspended contributions to his campaign. If the good people of Arkansas kicked Jim Bob out after a term, I don't think this guy's winning is a done deal. :pray:

Archived