IGNORED

ARKANSAS REP. ENDORSES DEATH PENALTY FOR REBELLIOUS CHILDREN

Lillybee

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just coming to post this. What the fuck is wrong with people? Or is this "sharing Christ's love"?

I think I liked it better when I had my head in the sand. The constant barrage of stupid since I had a reawakening of my social conscience is just depressing the hell out of me. How to you begin to fight shit like this when there's so much of it?

Two things stood out to me.

This passage does not give parents blanket authority to kill their children. They must follow the proper procedure in order to have the death penalty executed against their children.

Because...this makes it better? :roll:

And,

"I think my views are fairly well-accepted by most people," Fuqua said to AP.

Um....no.

I really don't understand how these people win enough votes to get elected in the first place.

You know, I find it ironic that fundies look to olden times and try to "protect" their families because they perceive the world to be heading in the wrong direction, when it is THEY who promote misogyny, want to protect rapists, force mothers to carry children to their possible deaths and now kill children. Is that what their God wants? For people to suffer like that?

I REALLY don't understand.

But I thought they were against killing children? Isnt that why they dont like abortion?

No, they're anti-abortion because you don't know until they are born whether they are god's gift to the world or horrid little creeps who never should have been born.

But I thought they were against killing children? Isnt that why they dont like abortion?

They only care about blastocysts, embryos, and fetuses. Real, live, already-been-born human kids? They don't give two shits about them.

How is this man's name pronouced? Because if it is "Fuck, wha--?" then I might believe in God again. :lol:

Guest Anonymous
How is this man's name pronouced? Because if it is "Fuck, wha--?" then I might believe in God again. :lol:

That's the way I was saying it to myself, anyway. I'm going with it!

Okay, I genuinely thought this was going to be from the onion. I thought I had a fairly good grasp on the depths of fundiedom. I guess not. :(

Jim Bob's political career in Arkansas is starting to look appealing.

Does the national GOp have no oversight at all over the state GOP committees? I know there are plenty of normal, reasonable, well-meaning republicans out there (I just can't think of any off the top of my head). Why don't they revolt and reclaim their party?

I'm sure Jim Bob will use all of his political clout to get this man elected.

So what's the punishment for adultery? For women, I mean, since they're responsible for all of it.

What about homosexuality?

Jaynie, I thought it would be someone showing crazy fundie politicians how crazy they were by taking the Bible literally. Kinda like the people who tried take away marriage for everyone since it's a "religious institution" and shouldn't be under the jurisdiction of the government. But alas, it's some crazy guy who actually thinks the death penalty is suitable for rebellious kids. I'm starting to really lose hope for the US.

True, fundies only care about fetuses, not actual children who have wills of their own.

I wonder what the minimum age that they can be, and what for? Can someone decide that their newborn is annoying them too much, or their toddler throws tantrums too much, or they caught their teenager smoking, so they can just kill them and get a new one?

I think this is possibly the worst law that I have ever seen suggested...

Da Fug? Here's a prime example of why making laws based on the Bible is so dangerous.

Also..in case anyone really wanted to know, I think his name is prounounce FYOUQUAY. I went to school with a kid with that last name and that's how his family pronounced it.

So women cannot make choices about their bodies as a method of birth control... or after being raped... because we are not able to make those decisions for our own bodies...

But we should be able to bring children into the world and execute them.

What in the ever loving fuck is wrong with this world?

While it is unlikely that many parents would seek to have their children killed by the government, Fuqua wrote, such power would serve as a way to stop rebellious children.

RIGHT. Because the best thing for the relationship between parent and child is forcing obedience through threat of death.

And these people think gay marriage and adoption will damage children's psyches.

It amazes me that these people claim to want "less governmental control over our lives" but are advocating for a RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF GOVERNMENT CONTROL IN OUR LIVES. The courts can kill kids for stepping out of line, now? Small government at work! wtf?

His beliefs, from his website at charliefuqua4staterep.com/issues

-Reduce the size of government

-Limit government power

-Reduce taxes

-Local control of schools

-Traditional conservative values

-Drug test welfare beneficiaries

-Enforce drug laws

-Preserve the right to bear arms

-Protect the sanctity of life

-Protect individual property rights

(why yes, you did see "protect the sanctity of life" in there. I guess once those little shits blessings from god sass their elders they are possessed by the devil and no longer 'alive'?)

Archived