IGNORED

Savories of Life

terranova

dang! I hate getting into the conversation late - that was the craziest piece of poorly-articulated (but articulated well enough to get the between-the-lines meaning) piece of fiction I've ever read. .... worse than Anna's Becky.

Oh, gawd; I can't wait till she posts part 2..... I gotta find out if she makes the family aware of the wrongness of slavery!!! Maybe it's in the wife's submissive spirit, declining her husband's offer of a slave? ......

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is so awful and makes me so sad. :(

It's a serious homeschooling fail and as a homeschooling mom I am cringing. As a transcriber, proofreader, and occasional writer, I am just wilting away and dying.

Guest Anonymous

From the comments section of 'a few facts From Uncle Tom's Cabin':

I have read much on slavery and while I am not for it I do not see the wrongs of it as the Southern people were not for it but wanted to free the slaves in a kind way. Many slave owners were wrong and I do not agree with them. I have read both sides of the story and wish that slavery had never been a part of the South. I am southern not because of slavery but because of the christian beliefs of the south. The facts I get are from a number of books . I read every Civil war book I can get my hands on. I do not post as much about the Civil war as I do make enemies:)

savoriesoflife.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/few-facts-from-uncle-toms-cabin.html

I need to stop reviving this topic. I should stop visiting this blog, but it's like hateful catnip to me now. I just wanted to repost this quote because it infuriates me. Copying it here is better than leaving an ill-advised comment on her blog.

I suppose that commenter meant to say that the Southern slave owners were just too kind to let the ign't African tribesfolk try to make it on their own, without "gentle" guidance from "kind" masters? Even if their motivation was "kindness" it was based on the wrong assumption that the slaves were incapable of independent thought and action. bleah.

Suddenly Sarah Maxwell looks like an absolutely brilliant author.

On the other hand, at least this person's errors make me laugh.... except when she talks about how "awesome" slavery was. I've read every book I can get my hands on about the subject and... have had nightmares.

Well look now... she's decided to stop writing her Slavery Is Awesome story. :( Y'all ruined it with your persecutiony comments!!!

Well look now... she's decided to stop writing her Slavery Is Awesome story. :( Y'all ruined it with your persecutiony comments!!!

Where do you see that?

Where do you see that?

She posted a comment on Chapter 2 that said she's taking a break from it (after she deleted all the comments). It looks like she might post Chapter 3, though.

Guest Anonymous

Where do you see that?

She left a comment under the first part of the story:

I think I will take every ones help and perhaps not post my story for a while as I will not be posting as much as I am very busy with teaching my little sister and writing other things. If any one wants me to put up part three let me know.

Here's something interesting from the comments section of part 2. I assume it's just from a random fangirl:

You may be interested in nowing that a lot of these comments are coming from a notable anti-Christian site.

Take inspiration from your positive reviowers and keep on writing!!!

Oh poor persecuted dear. Us anti-Christians reviowers are sooooo mean.

She left a comment under the first part of the story:

Here's something interesting from the comments section of part 2. I assume it's just from a random fangirl:

Are WE notable? Wow! :dance:

Color me *SHOCKED* that she is not 12.

Gave into my urge to give the poor child a spelling lesson and offered to help her fix her story. I tried not to be too critical because if I go in bashing her beliefs she'll just call me a sinful heathern and reject my help. I really would like to talk some sense into her about how horrible slavery was, but babysteps I'll settle for her gaining the ability to write a coherent sentence with correct spelling. Maybe I can even slip in a real history lesson.

From the comments section of 'a few facts From Uncle Tom's Cabin':

savoriesoflife.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/few-facts-from-uncle-toms-cabin.html

I need to stop reviving this topic. I should stop visiting this blog, but it's like hateful catnip to me now. I just wanted to repost this quote because it infuriates me. Copying it here is better than leaving an ill-advised comment on her blog.

WTF is she talking about?! Southern slavery wasn't wrong because they really wanted to not have slaves, but they were just forced to enslave people because letting them free and treating them as equals would be cruel? I just....gaaaahhhhhh!!! There is no help for her.

This is hysterically funny.

All the way home, he considered the sum he would obtain from the vast work his slaves had done to bring him the benefits

No full stop, and then a huge picture of carrot soup. Making it look like the benefits his slaves have brought him were giant bowls of carrot soup, big enough to drown a man in. Nice work, slaves!

“No! No. I can do it alone but ah how I shall miss my beautiful garden full of blooming flowers honeysuckle, white lilacs, and †but she was cut of my her impatient husband.

She was cut off your husband? That must have hurt.

The gentleman walked in Amy fainted, Simon, Robert, and James spilled their water and Rose glanced at her father quickly.

Bloody hell, does he always get that reaction? He must be a hit at parties. :lol:

Canning is now defiantly my new hobby!

Nice to see a spark of rebellion in these SAHDs, but you gotta' wonder who she's defying.

But I am going to try her Warm Pear Ginger Upside-Down Cake with Amaretto Whipped Cream.

Guest Anonymous

Please vote for 'story' in this poll.

What should I post about next Friday?

Teaching

Story

why I do not like Disney

health tips

Photo contest with prize

Movie by friends

savoriesoflife.blogspot.co.uk/

I don't know what's wrong with me. I know it's wrong, but I can't stop. I need more of the story. I need to poke around in her belief system for just a little while longer. I need to know what she's going to write next. Please don't judge me. :oops:

Does the cover of that book she is advertising, "Feminine by Design", look like two women about to kiss to anyone else?

I don't know what's wrong with me. I know it's wrong, but I can't stop. I need more of the story. I need to poke around in her belief system for just a little while longer. I need to know what she's going to write next. Please don't judge me. :oops:

But...I kind of want to know why she hates Disney. And it scares me that she is teaching anyone.

Does the cover of that book she is advertising, "Feminine by Design", look like two women about to kiss to anyone else?

:lol: Others have made similar comments. They're mother and daughter :?

terranova wrote:

Can someone interpret this line for me?

Quote:

“Tom! Tom!†bellowed Mr. Moor you are in trouble! “ This is no more Master Mark then my wife! Do you never listen? This is Master Bob! You will go with out dinner.â€

Mr Moor is waiting for Mark Douglass to return and give him news about the war. Tom, a slave, announces Mr Douglass's arrival. However, the man who comes in is not Douglass, it's Bob. Tom is punished for his mistake by being made to go without supper.

Wow ...the interpretation skills are impressive! I have a minor in English LIT and could not figure that mess out

But...I kind of want to know why she hates Disney. And it scares me that she is teaching anyone.

Me too. I weep for those younger siblings.

I tried to read the reply, but to be honest, I just couldn't. Something about how if we go with the golden rule than slaves need to be slaves because they would want to be a master if they were a master? I don't know.

Miss Raquel is looking so smart right now.

I thought what it was saying is that the Golden Rule is a bad argument against slavery b/c it shouldn't be about how someone wants to be treated (as desires can be sinful) but about how someone should want to be treated in accordance with God's will...or something like that.

Even using that argument it fails, though. If God created all men to be equal, then his will for them is to be equal and the desire of slaves to be the free men and women they were created to be is perfectly aligned with God's will.

Aw, I'd kind of like to hear why she doesn't like Disney. ;)

Archived