IGNORED

Wake the eff up! NSFW

Witsec7

Guest Anonymous

I love this line:

'Say "Hell no", motherfuckers!'

It's a good video. I really hope that potential Obama voters do not succumb to apathy or complacency this time around. I hope you guys know that the rest of the world is counting on you to be sensible here.

The comments section is full of the usual crap:

if this were a white conservative celebrity they would be calling him a racist....
Obama must be proud....Now lets flip the script (white man/black kid/Romney supporter spewing profanity) and let the riots begin...

Ugh!

Ugh!

I see the logical fallacy of the racial photo negative is alive and well. Conservatives (at least a good number I know) complain about "identity politics," but they're not above playing them like, well, amateurs.

I love this line:

It's a good video. I really hope that potential Obama voters do not succumb to apathy or complacency this time around. I hope you guys know that the rest of the world is counting on you to be sensible here.

Ugh!

People don't understand how racism works, do they? Again, asshats, who has the most power in the world? White men. So blacks can't be racist against you poor little whites. And no, I don't hate my own race as my brother would say, I'm just pointing out reality to you asshats. Church and state should be free of each other.

People don't understand how racism works, do they? Again, asshats, who has the most power in the world? White men. So blacks can't be racist against you poor little whites. And no, I don't hate my own race as my brother would say, I'm just pointing out reality to you asshats. Church and state should be free of each other.

Anyone can be racist against anyone. Strictly speaking, racism is the hatred of someone because of their race.

But I totally agree that the church and state should be completely separate.

Anyone can be racist against anyone. Strictly speaking, racism is the hatred of someone because of their race.

But I totally agree that the church and state should be completely separate.

Uhm, there's a bit more to racism than "only" hatred of someone because of their race. MynameisJonas outlined it quite eloquently on another thread: http://freejinger.org/viewtopic.php?f=8 ... 4&start=80

Mynameisjonas should publish his/her own dictionary. I don't disagree fundamentally with what he/she is saying though.

Not quite sure why the poster should publish their own dictionary. If you continue reading the thread, SheWhoLaughs posted dictionary definitions down the line, and they all pretty much support MynameisJonas' argument. Is that what you meant, or am I misunderstanding you?

Not quite sure why the poster should publish their own dictionary. If you continue reading the thread, SheWhoLaughs posted dictionary definitions down the line, and they all pretty much support MynameisJonas' argument. Is that what you meant, or am I misunderstanding you?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/racism?s=t

See #3

Mnij said the dictionary was wrong.

Guest Anonymous

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/racism?s=t

See #3

Mnij said the dictionary was wrong.

Is this a humanities thing? I have an idea that the sociological definition of racism is different from the one you'd find in a standard English dictionary. That seems reasonable to me. I remember, in college, I was taught five different definitions of the word 'culture', only one of which (the least important) was found in the OED.

Riffles!

Is this a humanities thing? I have an idea that the sociological definition of racism is different from the one you'd find in a standard Englilsh dictionary. That seems reasonable to me. I remember, in college, I was taught five different definitions of the word 'culture', only one of which (the least important) was found in the OED.

Okay, it's not cut and dry but it does mean what I said above.

Athena, have you been looked at odd for wearing a type of head covering? Been refused a job because you weren't "qualified"? There's no such thing as white racism. Have your ancestors ever been enslaved and the excuse that it was ok back then was because of the color of their skin? Are there organizations that would hang white people and burn crosses in front of white people's houses because they viewed them as a threat to their race? If the answer is no, then there is no such thing as racism against whites, you misinformed bitch.

I would like to add: just because America has a black president doesn't mean racism is over or now there's a new era of white racism!!1! Most of congress is old white men, and most of the cooperate owners are old white men. How does power such as this not play a part in your definiton of racism, Athena?

edit: It seems like she's gone to lurker mode! scarygirl does this too. It seems that trolls who're too chickenshit to defend their views do this all the time. :animals-chickencatch:

Are you saying that racism doesn't contain an element of power? Which bit about "superiority" in your link disagrees with Mnij's argument? I don't see it.

No. None - I'm referring to #3 to prove my point above.

Athena, have you been looked at odd for wearing a type of head covering? Been refused a job because you weren't "qualified"? There's no such thing as white racism. Have your ancestors ever been enslaved and the excuse that it was ok back then was because of the color of their skin? Are there organizations that would hang white people and burn crosses in front of white people's houses because they viewed them as a threat to their race? If the answer is no, then there is no such thing as racism against whites, you misinformed bitch.

No need for name calling. As far as I know, the answer to all your questions is no but the Romans did enslave the gauls. #3 proves my point.

I would like to add: just because America has a black president doesn't mean racism is over or now there's a new era of white racism!!1! Most of congress is old white men, and most of the cooperate owners are old white men. How does power such as this not play a part in your definiton of racism, Athena?

Never said it didn't.

No. None - I'm referring to #3 to prove my point above.

No need for name calling. As far as I know, the answer to all your questions is no but the Romans did enslave the gauls. #3 proves my point.

I'll call you as I see fit, chickenshit-scard-of-defending -your-views bitch; especially when you play the "there's such a thing as white racism!" card. Again: How is slavery necessary to society? :animals-chickencatch: Why do some societies need slaves to survive and others don't? You're a really shitty human being if you think slavery is an answer for societies to be prosperous.

Guest Anonymous

Sorry, I think I've lost track. Athena, what was your point (regarding the original video)? I'm so confused. Please explain.

Edited: Motherfucking wording!

No. None - I'm referring to #3 to prove my point above.(snip)

In which case, I must be blind. But from your own link:

a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

I'm not about to get into an argument with an immature idiot who can't understand the point I'm making. Stop trying to put words in my mouth. The only thing I'm saying is that most people agree (as per most dictionaries) that racism is about hating someone based on race - full stop. See #3in the link I provided above. I have to go to bed now, I'm done arguing this.

I'm not about to get into an argument with an immature idiot who can't understand the point I'm making. Stop trying to put words in my mouth. The only thing I'm saying is that most people agree (as per most dictionaries) that racism is about hating someone based on race - full stop. See #3in the link I provided above. I have to go to bed now, I'm done arguing this.

Your own link contradicts your original statement. If you cannot see that, I bid you a good night.

eta to add.

I think maybe you guys are talking past each other. I could be wrong, but what I'm reading is that Athena is saying that individual racism is separate from (although usually related to) systematic racism. Therefore, an individual person can be racist about anyone, but I don't think she's trying to be all "but what about the whitez" or claim reverse racism or anything like that. Institutional racism isn't the same as individual racism, and I think it's pretty obvious to most people that in fact white people still have a ridiculous amount of privilege other other races.

Also obvious is that the comments on that video were made by asshats.

I think maybe you guys are talking past each other. I could be wrong, but what I'm reading is that Athena is saying that individual racism is separate from (although usually related to) systematic racism. Therefore, an individual person can be racist about anyone, but I don't think she's trying to be all "but what about the whitez" or claim reverse racism or anything like that. Institutional racism isn't the same as individual racism, and I think it's pretty obvious to most people that in fact white people still have a ridiculous amount of privilege other other races.

Also obvious is that the comments on that video were made by asshats.

Thanks for mansplaining that to us. We'd never have been able to separate individual from systematic racism without you. I'm totally grateful you're here to tell me, because to me, until now, it all looked to same. And thank you so much for acknowledging that white people are privileged! I feel so much better now. Thanks for the pat on the head. I'll remember my place from now on.

/sarcasm

Thanks for mansplaining that to us. We'd never have been able to separate individual from systematic racism without you. I'm totally grateful you're here to tell me, because to me, until now, it all looked to same. And thank you so much for acknowledging that white people are privileged! I feel so much better now. Thanks for the pat on the head. I'll remember my place from now on.

*shrug* of course you know. You just seemed to be jumping on Athena for something she wasn't saying. When I pull shit like that I prefer to have it pointed out to me because I only have so much angry to go around and I'd rather direct it at people who deserve it. If you don't care, harden up and ignore me.

(snip)

*shrug* of course you know. You just seemed to be jumping on Athena for something she wasn't saying. When I pull shit like that I prefer to have it pointed out to me because I only have so much angry to go around and I'd rather direct it at people who deserve it. If you don't care, harden up and ignore me.

Thanks for telling a woman of colour to harden up and ignore shit. I'd never have come up with that myself. It's not something I learned from childhood onwards. I tried to point out the issues to Athena, but I'm glad you're around to help us all understand. It shows that you truly understand the issues at hand, and have a deep knowledge of dealing with institutionalised racism. /sarcasm

Archived