IGNORED

Did anyone else watch Revolution?

Seven Severn

It's the show about the world after the power goes out. Some people were privy to the fact that it was going to happen and preserved power or how to generate electricity (or something) on thumbdrives(?). Anyway, I really liked it. Anyone else see it?

I caught the show. I still don't understand how a car would stop at the exact same time as a power outage. I understand that cars have batteries to keep them going. Same with planes and trains. I guess I need to watch the next episode to decide if I want to keep going. During the blackout in 2003 in the Northeast, my car still worked as did everything that had batteries in it. How are they going to answer that question?

I really thought that the hot guy that helped the girl find her uncle was a spy for the military. I was hoping that wasn't going to be true, but they needed some drama and action quick. I liked how her step-mom was smart enough to carry poison and weapons with them.

I caught the show. I still don't understand how a car would stop at the exact same time as a power outage. I understand that cars have batteries to keep them going. Same with planes and trains. I guess I need to watch the next episode to decide if I want to keep going. During the blackout in 2003 in the Northeast, my car still worked as did everything that had batteries in it. How are they going to answer that question?

I really thought that the hot guy that helped the girl find her uncle was a spy for the military. I was hoping that wasn't going to be true, but they needed some drama and action quick. I liked how her step-mom was smart enough to carry poison and weapons with them.

Just a guess because I haven't seen the show but were all the electrical devices knocked out by an EMP? In that case cars that are running at the time would be included as well, unless it was an older car without circuitry.

Just a guess because I haven't seen the show but were all the electrical devices knocked out by an EMP? In that case cars that are running at the time would be included as well, unless it was an older car without circuitry.

An EMP would make sense, but it didn't seem like that was the case. Hopefully, more will be explained via flashbacks in future episodes.

We watched and figure it's going to either take off and get super popular, or die pretty quickly. I think it looks promising, I hope it continues to hold interest. I think it's catching the coattails of the Hunger Games crowd.

I think that's part of the mystery they're trying to solve, the reason why everything powered by some sort of electricity died. It doesn't make sense that the batteries would stop working. I thought it was odd that they would kill off so many characters in the first episode, then I realized they would continue to appear in flashbacks.

I am not sure if I am invested yet in this show yet. I caught the first one and liked it but I have a feeling it might die a quick death. However, i am hoping it continues so I see how they explain all the power going out. I mean come one we have steam powered stuff and medicine before electricity.

We watched and figure it's going to either take off and get super popular, or die pretty quickly. I think it looks promising, I hope it continues to hold interest. I think it's catching the coattails of the Hunger Games crowd.

This. I've enjoyed it so far, and would like it to continue, if only to finish out the season and have some things explained.

I was intrigued to find out that Rachel is still alive, despite her family thinking her dead all these years.

I'm DVR'd the pilot and watched it a couple of days back. I watched episode 2 this morning. I think this show has potential. I liked episode 2 better than the pilot and I predicted the twist at the end. I've read interviews that the Eric Kripke the show EP has done. He said that the reasons certain things don't work will be explained in later episodes.

I want to like this show, but I'm not crazy about it so far. Things seem way too convenient (i.e. lazy writing) and the characters are not that likeable. I was bored watching the second episode, although I agree that the twist at the end was very interesting. I'm not giving up on it yet, but it will have to pull me in harder before I'm a fan.

I really didn't know much about the show before it started, other than being intrigued by the promos. But when I saw that it was a Bad Robot productions, I wasn't surprised. It's totally in the same vein as LOST.

• 2 weeks later...

I am loving this show. Everything I've read on the internet or heard from friends about it seems to be negative, but I can't wait for a new episode each week. I'm not super crazy about any of the actors, but I love the action and the premise. I can't watch end of the world stuff because it just scares the pants off me, but the whole "what would we do if we were suddenly set back hundreds of years" thing is fascinating to my history freak mind. I hope that it doesn't gets cancelled suddenly, at least, but has until the end of the season to tie up loose ends.

I am loving this show. Everything I've read on the internet or heard from friends about it seems to be negative, but I can't wait for a new episode each week. I'm not super crazy about any of the actors, but I love the action and the premise. I can't watch end of the world stuff because it just scares the pants off me, but the whole "what would we do if we were suddenly set back hundreds of years" thing is fascinating to my history freak mind. I hope that it doesn't gets cancelled suddenly, at least, but has until the end of the season to tie up loose ends.

Yeah, I would enjoy this show a LOT more with actors that could actually...act. The lead chick is completely lifeless, and her uncle seems to think "brooding" is the only thing he needs to do. I like Mr. Google guy.

Something about this show has me reeled in. I agree with others, some of the acting isn't great. I was

sad when Maggie died in the last episode

Liked the show until this...

The scene in last week's episode where the two people were in the house with that necklace thing and then all of a sudden they had power for a brief period, was over-the-top stupid. Like an Apple iPhone after having not been charged for what, 15 years, is suddenly going to come on immediately just because there is suddenly power available? Come on, I can't believe they actually did that. If the battery would even be able to be charged after 15 years is questionable in itself, and even if it did, it would need at least 10 or 15 minutes on a charger, plugged in, before it would even turn on and even then it would have a very minimal charge and need at least a couple to a few hours to reach a fill charge. So unrealistic.

Something about this show has me reeled in. I agree with others, some of the acting isn't great. I was

sad when Maggie died in the last episode

Oh, yeah. :(

I wish the computer guy (can't think of his name) would've stayed at the house and

tried to figure out the destroyed 8-bit computer.

I think that could've been a really interesting subplot.

I find myself thinking about this show a lot, but I'm weird in that I like to think of disaster scenarios and how I would prepare/respond.

The show is growing on me. I'm glad I didn't give up on it, because even though there are plenty of things to complain about, the more the plot shows how interwoven it is, the more I want to watch.

I've just watched the first three episodes ON Demand, and quite like it so far. It reminds me of Lost and Jurassic. Hopefully they tie up some storylines byt he end of the season since so many of these shows only last one season. And yet we have had how many seasons of Survivor???

I thought the premise was interesting - everyone having to go back to living in small villages, growing vegetables, keeping chickens etc., but haven't really gotten "attached" to the show yet....

Don't find the characters very interesting, or really care over much what happens to them, which is a pretty big downfall of the show IMHO.... Loving or hating characters is necessary if you are going to care at all about the story they are telling...ambivalence makes it boring.

That Charlie girl is an annoying prat, the younger brother makes me want to slap him :roll: , Uncle Myles is too full of himself....the only one that really amuses me is Aaron (?), the Google guy...

Having rambled on about all that, I'll probably give it a few more episodes....mainly cos Mr DaFFyDiLL likes it :D

I thought the premise was interesting - everyone having to go back to living in small villages, growing vegetables, keeping chickens etc., but haven't really gotten "attached" to the show yet....

Don't find the characters very interesting, or really care over much what happens to them, which is a pretty big downfall of the show IMHO.... Loving or hating characters is necessary if you are going to care at all about the story they are telling...ambivalence makes it boring.

That Charlie girl is an annoying prat, the younger brother makes me want to slap him :roll: , Uncle Myles is too full of himself....the only one that really amuses me is Aaron (?), the Google guy...

Having rambled on about all that, I'll probably give it a few more episodes....mainly cos Mr DaFFyDiLL likes it :D

My thoughts exactly!

Annoying characters is right on. I'm waiting for the Jericho, The Event, all other similar shows plunge that it will probably take.

Archived