IGNORED

Do You Ever Feel Sad?

theologygeek

I feel sad when posters squee over newborns who have no future.

This. It would be great if God "closed all their wombs", IMO. They are not celebrities; they are people who are brainwashed and enslaved by fear and guilt.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just talking to my cousin last night, and she is tutoring (for free) a 9 year old who can't read because her parents are 'home schooling'. This girl has two teenage sisters who 'taught themselves to read' and when my cousin checked, she found they could not divide 24 by 3 - so they have also been sadly neglected in their education. I thought we had laws in Alberta to oversee home schoolers.

This makes me very sad.

My cousin is a sixty year old ex-fundy Mennonite and has a lot of catching up to do, and phones me for advice. I asked her to call child protective services when she was dealing with a neighbor who was beating their child. She made the call. I have to find out if CPS is interested in kids being deprived of an education.

In my church there's a little girl (maybe 2) who always runs out of the aisle and grabs the deaconess' hand when she's walking to the back of the church during the recession. It's absolutely adorable. One day I watched her and realized that infraction would probably cost dearly in plumbing supply line in another church and another life. The kids in my church are all whip-smart, polite, talented, energetic, helpful and vivacious, and it breaks my heart to look at them and think all these people see is a big red and white target; they're all I think about when I read some tirade on child beating. Michael Pearl, or anyone wielding plumbing supply line, will touch those children over my dead body.

When my son was about 4 he and several other children were in the children's room during church. They stayed there till the children's sermon when they came into the church. I will always remember my son and his friends running down the side aisle yelling "Wait for me Pastor, wait for me!" It was the highlight of church for them to know that they were loved enough to come in. They'd go back out till after the sermon and then at the peace come in for communion.

I shudder to think of what would happen in other churches.

This x 100.

I also feel the same way about fundie weddings.

This three things pretty much say it all for me. To be honest, I find the arrival of a new "blessing" into these families particularly depressing, knowing the very limited life the poor kid is in for.

Archived