IGNORED

Lori Alexander The Counselor

Lori "Wanna-Be Counselor" Alexander's latest posting is about women who leave their husbands. She states that she knows several families or couples in which the wives left their husbands because they were bored. Her posting was again about promoting submission and that young women should read her blog. Lori has mentioned before that she and Ken aka Unabomber look-a-like have counseled couples before. I think she and Ken are probably shitty counselors. Lori probably doesn't know the whole stories about why women leave their husbands.

llorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/09/wives-leaving-husbands.html

Thankfully, when I decided to leave my ex headship, I had the resources and common sense to seek out a qualified, educated, professional counselor.

This breaks my heart. These women have been lied to. They think they will find happiness somewhere out there, outside of God's will for their lives. God's will for them is to stay with their husbands and make them happy. You will never find happiness outside of God's will. It is fleeting and unfulfilling.

Or maybe they feel they've been lied to by the myth of "happy ever after"? Or maybe there were bigger problems? Or maybe, just maybe, things just didn't work out? It happens, and no deity is going to make a marriage between two incompatible people work.

Besides, I know a good number of atheists, who are very happy outside of your deity's will. Some even directly attribute their present peace of mind, and happiness, to getting away from your deity.

I pray for these young men to find wives that will love them just the way that they are now. Wives that will learn what pleases them and serve them. Wives that respect, submit to and obey them. Wives that will allow their husbands to be the leader of the home. I pray these young men will be blessed with children. They want a family.

Oh, those poor, poor menz! Won't somebody think of the menz?!? :roll:

Lori finally said something I can agree with: "Have them read this blog and ask them if they agree with it. Discuss everything even the tough subjects like submission. Ask them what they think their role as wife should be. "

I think this is good advice. Any woman who would not immediately walk out of the door when her would be headship points her to Lori's blog as an example of a wife's role is a fool. Any woman who stays with a man who points out that he needs to be the head and she needs to submit is a fool. I think it would be a good idea to weed those sort of men out right away.

Lori "Wanna-Be Counselor" Alexander's latest posting is about women who leave their husbands. She states that she knows several families or couples in which the wives left their husbands because they were bored. Her posting was again about promoting submission and that young women should read her blog. Lori has mentioned before that she and Ken aka Unabomber look-a-like have counseled couples before. I think she and Ken are probably shitty counselors. Lori probably doesn't know the whole stories about why women leave their husbands.

I suspect that she gets all her information from Gossip Central Church and is working off incomplete information.

I remember Generation Cedar Kelly saying how it's totes okay to gossip about your neighbor if they aren't acting Christian enough. Never mind what Jesus said about how he who is without sin casts the first stone.

llorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/09/wives-leaving-husbands.html

What about if the husband's cheating on her? If he controlls her? If he emotinally or physically abuses her? If he rapes her? I guess Lori never thought of those; or she just doesn't care because children need a mommy and a daddy; even if the relationship is a damaged 1. This is what I hate about fundies.

What about if the husband's cheating on her? If he controlls her? If he emotinally or physically abuses her? If he rapes her? I guess Lori never thought of those; or she just doesn't care because children need a mommy and a daddy; even if the relationship is a damaged 1. This is what I hate about fundies.

Doesn't happen if you're following her deity's will. You just need to submit more!!!11!! /sarcasm

Still the woman's fault. Cheating on her? She didn't keep herself attractive enough and/or didn't put out enough and make sex good enough for her husband. Controls her? Of course he controls her, that's his god-given responsibility. Abuses her? He is just asserting his right to headship as outlined in the bible; she needs to work on submission and it'll stop. Rapes her? Impossible in a marriage, her body is his and she is to submit to his god-given sexual drives. As she says in her post, "God's will for [women] is to stay with their husbands and make them happy." That's all women are here for: to make men happy.

eta: according to Lori, of course.

Sometimes "Irreconcilable differences" is shorthand for "none of your damn business". When my son's father and I broke up, everyone wanted to know why. I saved the tale of adultery and woe for my mother and close friends. I told everyone else that it just wasn't working out.

Fuck you, Lori.

I agree with your FU Lori sentiments, emmiedahl. I bet one day Lori is going to butt into someone else's business regarding divorce and it will bite her in the ass. A bit OT, but Lori updated her blog today and it seems she is repeating a previous blog posting.

Relationships can not work out for a variety of reasons. My mother would always tell me that relationships are a partnership. Both partners have to participate and it can't be entirely "my way or the highway."

My ex-boyfriend came after me with a knife because he was angry with me. He was treating me as a servant and made some serious demands. I finally stood up to him and demanded to be treated as a human being. If he wouldn't treat me as an equal I'd walk out that door. Getting him out of my life was one of the best things I did for myself.

In college I met a fundie couple. The husband was in college while the wife was not. They had married very young and she had to be one of the unhappiest women I have ever met. I found it really quite tragic.

ETA: Added some background to the story.

Lori finally said something I can agree with: "Have them read this blog and ask them if they agree with it. Discuss everything even the tough subjects like submission. Ask them what they think their role as wife should be. "

I think this is good advice. Any woman who would not immediately walk out of the door when her would be headship points her to Lori's blog as an example of a wife's role is a fool. Any woman who stays with a man who points out that he needs to be the head and she needs to submit is a fool. I think it would be a good idea to weed those sort of men out right away.

I think Lori's blog is an example of why submission leads to women being fools. The only people who truly agree with Lori's blog are the fundie or fundie lite types. I know mainstream Christians that would be disgusted with Lori's blog for various reasons. My theory is that Lori and her family are attending a fundie type church. I hate to say this, but I see one of Lori's children getting a divorce. Not all of her kids and their spouses or future spouses are going to take after her and Ken completely.

Archived