IGNORED

Melissa Ohden and Late Term Abortions

WokChop

On Facebook, my crazy mother "liked" this video, via Rush Limbaugh's page. Apparently, there are lots of late term abortions being performed wherein the fetuses survive...and evil Obama wants to throw all of these surviving fetuses into dumpters. :roll: Can anyone tell me about this woman and what the real deal is? When I google her name, all of the search results are for weird websites and blogs.

gwFIEprF_9Y

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/08/obama-and-infanticide/

Many states already have laws in place that say if a baby is born by any means--including abortion--and doctors believe it has a reasonable chance of surviving, then resuscitation has to be performed. "Baby Born Alive" bills often take away the requirement for doctors to believe that a baby should have a reasonable chance of surviving--which means they would be forced to resuscitate any baby. Including babies with birth defects that make their survival impossible, and including babies born before viability who also have zero chance of making it.

Many states already have laws in place that say if a baby is born by any means--including abortion--and doctors believe it has a reasonable chance of surviving, then resuscitation has to be performed. "Baby Born Alive" bills often take away the requirement for doctors to believe that a baby should have a reasonable chance of surviving--which means they would be forced to resuscitate any baby. Including babies with birth defects that make their survival impossible, and including babies born before viability who also have zero chance of making it.

Thanks for sharing that information, kb2.

Kat, she certainly has the crazy eyes. Unfortunately, on her website, she claims to be a social worker who has "worked in the fields of substance abuse, mental health, domestic violence/sexual assault counseling, and child welfare." :shock: I feel sorry for those poor, vulnerable people who have sought "help" from her. I can only hope they didn't walk away from her services more damaged than they already were.

ETA her website URL, in case anyone is interested: melissaohden.com

Thanks for sharing that information, kb2.

Kat, she certainly has the crazy eyes. Unfortunately, on her website, she claims to be a social worker who has "worked in the fields of substance abuse, mental health, domestic violence/sexual assault counseling, and child welfare." :shock: I feel sorry for those poor, vulnerable people who have sought "help" from her. I can only hope they didn't walk away from her services more damaged than they already were.

ETA her website URL, in case anyone is interested: melissaohden.com

Who the fuck hires these people? :angry-screaming: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Technical point, but I thought that Obama voted "present" on those bills, not against them, and that it didn't matter anyway since the protections that were in the bill were already law.

That is the law that was a big player in my desire to terminate

It sucks that laws like these make people choose between abortion and extreme medical intervention after birth, when people having an abortion after viability are typically in this situation, and when many would choose to give birth if they knew their wishes for comfort-care only would be respected. Like seriously, "late term" abortion pretty much exists because of circumstances like that, and anti-choice politicians feel the need to regulate it so that it's as cruel as possible for everyone involved.

Anyone here ever catch the Hallmark Channel propaganda movie called "Follow the Stars Home"?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0284123/

I came across it while flipping channels one lazy Saturday afternoon. While the movie was intended to give me the warm fuzzies, it had the opposite effect. Also, I was supposed to think the dad was a Bad Guy, but after watching the movie, I had to reserve that distinction for the mother.

Luckily I wasn't born with severe genetic abnormalities. But I was born to a staunchly "pro life" mother who spent many years letting me know, in her own special way, how much she resented my existence and reminding me every so often about the fact that she had never wanted children. WTF???

Dear Mom,

You should have aborted me.

Love,

Your daughter, who has lots of issues

Technical point, but I thought that Obama voted "present" on those bills, not against them, and that it didn't matter anyway since the protections that were in the bill were already law.

The link posted by kb2 explains it. He didn't support the born alive bills because he felt it would be used to infringe on a woman's right to choose and the law at the time required doctors to help babies with a reasonable chance of survival. And like kb2 mentioned, the new laws would override the reasonable chance of survival part in favour of resuscitation whether the baby can survive or not.

That is the law that was a big player in my desire to terminate

That does suck. It would be nice if babies could be treated like all the older humans who are allowed to not undergo medical treatment if they'd rather just be made comfortable.

Question: If the woman does decide to abort, and the doctor does manage to save it, what happens then? Is the required to take care of the baby, as though she willingly went through labor for it? Or is it immediately taken by the state? I have no idea how that works, so someone please enlighten me. Thanks!

Archived