thoughtful

I just saw an ad for this film, which opens later this month, and it sounded like something that might interest FJers.

A search didn't turn up a previous thread on it.

It seems to be mostly based on Scientology, but may also touch on how cults form, why people are so willing to follow a leader, etc.

EpFzJXQMgCE

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1560747/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1560747/boa ... /204030923

I've been following this movie since it's conception and it looks amazing. From what I know, the film is only loosely based on Scientology and L. Ron Hubbard, but it looks like it definitely delves into the whole nature of cults, as you said.

More clips:

MjnHe4uASkM

OgV16H8zl_A

I am disappointed that this thread is not about Doctor Who. :(

Me too. My little nerdy heart was all excited for a mash-up of fundies and Doctor Who. But, I will accept this movie trailer. It does look like it should be a good watch.

Same here. That does look like an interesting film.

As was I.

<----------- points to avatar

Me too. My little nerdy heart was all excited for a mash-up of fundies and Doctor Who. But, I will accept this movie trailer. It does look like it should be a good watch.

QFT

I'm really not into Doctor Who but know plenty enough that him vs fundies would be awesome.

Personally I was wondering if this was going to be another Christian sublimated S&M thread. Because we can't admit we're kinky, but Jesus is our Master, right? Or something like that.

Archived