IGNORED

His purpose for you

merrily

From Ms Raquel's blog:

So many times, we get caught up with trying to find ‘our purpose’ in life. Even as Christians, we sometimes fail to remember that Christ is our purpose...and the reason we are alive.

Sometimes we try to look ahead to the future, thinking to ourselves ‘Ooh, my purpose is somewhere in the future. God will reveal it to me tomorrow...next week...next month...next year...’

But no.

Your purpose is here and now.

And that purpose is to serve God. To love Him. To obey Him. To follow the purpose He has for you right here, right now.

What your goal should be, isn’t in the future. What you are supposed to become, isn’t ahead of you. You are living your purpose right now - even as you read this! Your purpose is to live for the glory of God and to serve Him in everything you say, do and think. His plan for your life involves every minute detail in every part of your day in every little thing you do.

You are serving your purpose in being the soft clay that God is forming into the beautiful person He wants you to become.

What greater purpose to have?

Isn't this short for: I'm too lazy to improve myself?

Yep - "I'm too lazy to think for myself or to dare have interests apart from what someone else tells me I should have so I abdicate jurisdiction over my own body, mind, and soul"

This is the kind of thinking from these overly religious people that drives me crazy! Why did God give us brains and the ability to think for ourselves if he didn't want us to use it? It seems to me like a selfish life to just sit there with your Bible in your lap, pondering the "Word" when you could be out there in the world - thinking, doing, acting - to make the world a better place for all of us to live in.

The minute I read this I thought of the Maxwells. (I probably think too much about the Maxwells! :roll:) They're the ones that flummox and annoy me the most with their self-righteous twaddle.

Sorry - lost my train of thought! Damn job interferes with my web surfing!! :D

Merrily, it looks like you posted a good sized chunk of words but once you mentioned "Miss Raquel", all I could see in the quote box was "blah, blah, I am such a special princess, blah, blah"...

Someone lied to me and now I'm pissed! All that twaddle I used to hear in Sunday School about how our purpose was to serve our fellow human beings and by that draw closer to God. Glad this yougun' set me straight.

In some ways she has a good point, because remember the mindset of these people is that females of all ages are children until they are married. Quite mystically, they become a woman only once their authority has been transferred and they've received a Magic First Kiss from Prince Charming. Even a little urging out of this mindset is nice to see.

On the other hand, "to be" is not the purpose of a human being. It's not even the purpose of a painting or of a cereal bowl. Doesn't the word "purpose" suggest action and motivation, especially when used as a verb? ( :lol: ) Life doesn't start in the future, yes. But are they really living today?

I think its arrogant for them to assume that God has planned out exactly every minute of their life, decides when to give them kids, matches them up with their perfect partner, and gives them every idea they have ever had. Its not as if they are anything special in life, just one of 7 billion.

What about all the other people in life? Does God plan out exactly what they do as well? It sounds like a tough job, making sure everyone meets their future husband or wife, while answering prayers, giving people babies, while still having time to give people ideas like telling a mother of 20 the correct way to stack her kids so she can fit them all in her house and how to to buy frumpers for all of her daughters and still having enough money to feed the whole family, as well as telling Ms Raquel what she should wear today and what she should have for lunch. (No wonder sometimes prayers go unanswered, people get paired up with partners who are abusive, babies end up with people who hate kids or people get 200 of them that they cant look after......cause the fundies are taking up all their time)

We were given free will and brains for a reason...its time to use them

I don't think even fundies believe the "God plans every minute detail of my life" crap. If they did, they wouldn't rail against Obama, legal abortion services, or public schools, since clearly God has planned for all of that. They wouldn't walk around with guns strappled under their pregnant bellies (*cough* Kim Coghlan) to protect themselves against who knows what because it would be part of God's plan that they be safe, or not. Likewise, they wouldn't pray to God to ask him for anything since his plan is supposed to be better than their own.

I think that line is just a convenient excuse to dismiss the points that other bring to their attention, such as, why does God allow war/starvation/etc. After all, it's part of God's perfect plan and will be used to his glory. Those starving children in Africa should suck it up and support God's plan.

I don't think even fundies believe the "God plans every minute detail of my life" crap. If they did, they wouldn't rail against Obama, legal abortion services, or public schools, since clearly God has planned for all of that. They wouldn't walk around with guns strappled under their pregnant bellies (*cough* Kim Coghlan) to protect themselves against who knows what because it would be part of God's plan that they be safe, or not. Likewise, they wouldn't pray to God to ask him for anything since his plan is supposed to be better than their own.

I think that line is just a convenient excuse to dismiss the points that other bring to their attention, such as, why does God allow war/starvation/etc. After all, it's part of God's perfect plan and will be used to his glory. Those starving children in Africa should suck it up and support God's plan.

No, Obama, abortion and public schools aren't part of God's plan, they are the work of Satan... Things you like = God's plan, things you don't like = Satan's whispers.

From Ms Raquel's blog:

Isn't this short for: I'm too lazy to improve myself?

Possibly. Either that or she's an extra spechul snowflake and god is going to drop his purpose for her right into her lap ready for her to get to it (from the safety of behind a keyboard of course).

Has she killed the horse yet?

Silly Sola! She wouldn't kill a horse, it would just be part of God's plan for the horse to die because Miss Raquel did something stupid, like forget to care for it. If God wanted the horse to live he would have made her feel like taking care of it.

But, Mrs. Raquel, in order to worship God, wouldn't you need $? Especially to financially support yourself, to write your "inspirational blog" and to buy said Bible to learn how to "properly" worship Him? Oh, wait, you live in the magical land/world of Fundie Reality, where none of these realistic needs apply. :doh:

Possibly. Either that or she's an extra spechul snowflake and god is going to drop his purpose for her right into her lap ready for her to get to it (from the safety of behind a keyboard of course).

Has she killed the horse yet?

No, no, no, her purpose is to sit around looking pretty until some guy chooses her to be his baby machine. And she hasn't killed her horse yet, but I've noticed a distinct lack of clear body shots of him. It's either close ups of facial features or mostly blurry, which I admit makes me suspicious.

Interestingly her latest instagram photo is accompanied by a quote: "Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there."

No, no, no, her purpose is to sit around looking pretty until some guy chooses her to be his baby machine. And she hasn't killed her horse yet, but I've noticed a distinct lack of clear body shots of him. It's either close ups of facial features or mostly blurry, which I admit makes me suspicious.

Interestingly her latest instagram photo is accompanied by a quote: "Reality is a non-dominonist/fundamentalist Christianfake Jew!place lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there."

So my suspicions are indeed correct. :twisted:

Archived