IGNORED

The National Deception Of Women

Want More Babies

Jennifer over at Renewing Housewives had a post titled "The National Deception of Women" that she posted over at Raising Homemakers. It has since been deleted. Did anyone else catch it? I took a screen shot of Jennifer's blog, as it will probably be scrubbed clean soon since the powers to be over at Raising Homemakers yanked it.

Yesterday marked a 92 year anniversary. Women of dedication, fortitude and relentless perseverance worked tirelessly for years. They poured their lives into their passion in an attempt to make it a reality. They often met with fierce resistance, were heckled, jailed, physically abused on occasion, and some even went on hunger strikes all for one cause.

They banded together, seeing their goal as worthy. And their efforts paid off. They won a victory that forever changed America. Our country heralds these women, honoring them as one would honor fallen war heroes. Their accomplishment? The passage of the 19th amendment. Specifically, the work of these women (as well as those who fought during the decades before them) resulted in the foundation for much of the evil and ungodliness that floods our nation today.

1 John 2:26 says, “These things I have written to you concerning those who are trying to deceive you.â€

And so I also have written these things to you, about those who are trying and have tried, (and often succeed) in deceiving you. The granting of women the right to participate in all public elections gave them more than just the right to vote. It gave women a political voice and set the stage for:

â– Roe vs. Wade, resulting in the murder of millions of unborn babies

â– Equal pay for equal work, often resulting in men being unable to provide for their families as they compete for jobs with women

â– Gross immodesty, resulting in the abuse of women and desensitizing of men

â– No fault divorce, resulting in millions of fatherless homes

■And God’s judgement on our land, who says:

“Woe unto the wicked, it shall be ill with him for the reward of his hands shall be given him. As for My people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O My people, they which lead thee cause thee to err and destroy the way of thy paths.†Isaiah 3:11-12

We’ve been deceived, we continue to be deceived and unless we know the truth, we will unknowinly pass this deception to our children and their children in turn.

“Know the truth and the truth shall set you free.â€

* August 26 is known as “Women’s Equality Day.†A day of recognition of the anniversary of women’s suffrage and of women’s continued efforts toward equal rights in America. The feminists of our day have waged a war.

Fucking sick.

I'm not even going to address this one, except to wonder if this right is even going to exist for much longer.

â– Equal pay for equal work, often resulting in men being unable to provide for their families as they compete for jobs with women

How dare women be paid the same for doing the same work as men. They should just stay home and be helpless with no options or opportunities. Besides the little detail that women were ALREADY WORKING, but clearly, as inferior creatures to men, they didn't deserve fair payment. Wont' someone think of the menz.

Yep, women's "immodesty" is to blame for their abuse and turning men into monsters with no self-control. Hear that ladies? Your rape/being beaten by your significant other/etc is YOUR fault! You did it to the poor men so how can you blame them!

The horror of being able to leave an abusive husband (well if you hadn't CAUSED him to be abusive, you wouldn't be in that situation!) or a cheating one. Or just not be doomed to a life of unhappiness if you are no longer a good match. Because children growing up with parents who do not love/resent each other is so much more healthy. And if you'd just been a proper wife like you're supposed to, you wouldn't have the education or means to support yourself if you left, soooooo.... it's all your fault again.

Seriously.... do these people think for a second about the shit that spews out of their mouths?? Those women of our past ARE heroes and I'm becoming more scared all the time that all they endured and fought for is going to be eradicated. Also, does someone know the current statistics for how much women make compared to men? I was pretty sure it was still something like .77 cents on the dollar.

Naturally, the irony of a woman using a public platform to preach the evils of feminism is lost on her. If she was really against the rights the women's movement afforded her, she'd stop using them and shut up. And she'd stop trying to teach us, as per the Bible.

Equal pay for equal work, often resulting in men being unable to provide for their families as they compete for jobs with women

Apparently basic logic is lost on her too. Those men all have wives (at least in her imagination). Those wives are joining the workforce at the expense of their husbands' employment, but if pay actually were equal, it would balance out because those wives would be bringing in the income their husbands lost. What about women who don't have a family? Well guess what, our food and rent isn't any cheaper than that of family-less men. The "people need to feed their families!!!!1!!1" argument doesn't work against equal pay for women - it does support lower wages for childless people, if anything.

Gross immodesty, resulting in the abuse of women and desensitizing of men

Uhm, if anything women were raped and abused more back then than they are now. On top of that, feminists have made many forms of woman abuse illegal, so we can actually prosecute our abusers (thanks, feminists!). Anyone with half a brain knows that "immodesty" doesn't lead to rape, but let's assume for a minute that it did. Wouldn't the desensitization of men be a good thing? If men raped simply because they couldn't contain their horniness, wouldn't making it harder for them to get horny lead to less rape? Not only are her premises and her conclusion verifiably false, but the logic simply doesn't work.

No fault divorce, resulting in millions of fatherless homes
I can't imagine being stuck with someone I don't love for the rest of my life. Divorce is way better than that. I wish my parents had gotten divorced sooner. I grew up thinking their semi-abusive, unloving relationship was normal. Then they found my step-parents and I was flabbergasted to learn that couples hug, kiss, say I love you, don't insult each other, don't yell at each other all the time... Thank fuck they did get divorced and found people they actually loved, or I would have entered adulthood not having a clue what a healthy relationship looks like.

Why don't these idiots move to Saudi Arabia because that's the way they want to live. Oh, what's that? Saudi Arabia won't let them be Christian because there is no religious freedom? That should be your very first clue that their way is the very wrong way.

There is no such thing as a time "before abortion." It existed before Roe vs. Wade, and will continue to exist if Roe is overturned.

Shame on all of us women for falling for the idea that we should have a say in what happens to us! After all, we don't want to hurt the poor men's widdle feewings! Ok I feel sick just typing that bullshit. How is it possible that women still think like this? To all of you stupid twits who believe this bullshit: You better hope you are never raped. You better hope you never have to make the decision to terminate a pregnancy. You better hope your oh-so-wonderful men never walk out on you and you have no choice but to work a meager job to feed and clothe your children. There are, however, women who endure this every day. And they deserve a voice. They deserve to be able to vote for someone they believe will provide them with the chance to make the best decisions for themselves. If you want to stay home and submit to your men feel free. That is your CHOICE. But don't you dare deny someone else their CHOICES. And follow your own rules and STFU about it already.

As for My people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them

I'm not much familiar with the bible. Can someone who is chime in here and say if this is actually in the bible and a legitimate interpretation? And if so, in what context? This just seems too weird even for me.

No words. :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Yes, this is Isaiah 3:12, definitely in the Bible. Isaiah was foretelling the sad fate of the Jews, when they were defeated and taken to Babylon in captivity. This passage is one of those rants about how everything is going to hell in a handbasket, not unlike an Op-Ed by some conservative columnists today. It is taken for granted that the worst, most ominous thing that could happen would be to be ruled by a child or a woman rather than a manly man. Yes, the Bible is a patriarchal narrative.

Most scholars today believe the book of Isaiah was written by three different people at three different times and is not a prophecy but a bunch of sermons delivered to people after the catastrophe had already occurred. Christians like this book because it can be interpreted to be all about Jesus and Christians, thus proving the validity of their beliefs, because hey, it's a prophecy!

As for My people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them

I'm not much familiar with the bible. Can someone who is chime in here and say if this is actually in the bible and a legitimate interpretation? And if so, in what context? This just seems too weird even for me.

The quote is part of a chapter referencing the seige and fall of the Kingdom of Judah to the Babylonian Empire. From verse 11

Woe to the guilty! How unfortunate they are,

For what their hands have done shall be done to them.

My people-children are their oppressors,

and women rule over them.

Oh my people, your leaders have mislead you,

and confuse the course of their paths.

So the scholarly context is people trying to make sense of why Judah fell to the Babylonian Empire. The consensus in the Book of Isaiah is that Judah was poorly adminstered by its rulers. It does also go on to state that God will punish the daughters of Zion for being haughty and glancing around wantonly with their eyes. (Isaiah 3:16)

Judah was depopulated by the Babylonians and its captives taken into exile. It was a catastrophic moment in their history and they wanted answers to why(?). Agreed the Book of Isaiah was written after the historical event occurred.

Jennifer over at Renewing Housewives had a post titled "The National Deception of Women" that she posted over at Raising Homemakers. It has since been deleted. Did anyone else catch it? I took a screen shot of Jennifer's blog, as it will probably be scrubbed clean soon since the powers to be over at Raising Homemakers yanked it.

so, she does not vote? Good! one less stupid moron fucking us all over.

There is no such thing as a time "before abortion." It existed before Roe vs. Wade, and will continue to exist if Roe is overturned.

but it was so much better when babies were left for wild animals or with priests and nuns.

Ok, I don't understand why fundies object to equal pay for equal work? I mean, that only means women should not be paid less than men for the SAME WORK. How is that relevant to taking jobs from men? In fact, in theory, if women were consistently paid less than men for the same work, wouldn't that make them more competitive in the market place? Wouldn't that mean (in fundies view) women are more likely to steal jobs from men since employers can pay them less for the SAME WORK? And anyways, why would fundies think women should be paid less for the same work? Shouldn't their objection be to the type of work that women does (i.e men's occupations) rather than that they get paid for their labor? After all, plenty of fundie women generate income through home businesses and no fundies seem to think those women should undervalue their services/products so as to not compete with the menz.

Ok, I don't understand why fundies object to equal pay for equal work? I mean, that only means women should not be paid less than men for the SAME WORK. How is that relevant to taking jobs from men? In fact, in theory, if women were consistently paid less than men for the same work, wouldn't that make them more competitive in the market place? Wouldn't that mean (in fundies view) women are more likely to steal jobs from men since employers can pay them less for the SAME WORK? And anyways, why would fundies think women should be paid less for the same work? Shouldn't their objection be to the type of work that women does (i.e men's occupations) rather than that they get paid for their labor? After all, plenty of fundie women generate income through home businesses and no fundies seem to think those women should undervalue their services/products so as to not compete with the menz.

I don't think logic is their strong point.

Why not add some things to the list of horrors brought about by voting rights for ladies:

Property rights - the law no longer places inheritance rights of sons over that of daughters

Financial responsibilities - women can get credit cards in their own names and control money they have earned, as well as property they purchase or inherit

Women in political office - men never vote for women (as that would be against God's patriarchy) but women elect women to all sorts of positions of power.

Ya know, rights a normal person would assume to have, but from the persecuted non-feminist perspective, they're additional burdens that take away precious time that could be spent gazing up at Husband adoringly.

Being a fundie translator is fun! :P Seriously, it could be a job. Can you imagine their rage if the media actually translated their shit? :P

In her comments on the post explaining the take down, she says that she

grew up during the 80's and marriage was never suggested as an alternative, just college and career.

I also grew up in the 80s, and have no clue what she is talking about. I always heard about both. Ironically, she's Suzy Homemaker, and I'm a single career gal.

In her comments on the post explaining the take down, she says that she

I also grew up in the 80s, and have no clue what she is talking about. I always heard about both. Ironically, she's Suzy Homemaker, and I'm a single career gal.

Fundie women have suspiciously far-fetched tales of their experience with feminism.

I'm a newbie here, but just wanted to alert everyone to the blog of the woman who wrote the post. She gives explanation for why it was taken down.

renewinghousewives.com/2012/08/okay-well-this-might-be-bit-long.html

You may want to break that link.

For one thing, they're not unborn "babies" -they're foetuses at best. For another, Roe v Wade didn't start this. It wasn't a case of someone having the idea to abort, and millions of women going "oh, that's a fab idea". History is your friend! Look it up! Abortion has been around for a very, very long time. Christianity's ideas about abortion are subject to historical change too. Look it up!

I hope that you never find yourself in a situation, in which you're the sole earner. You'd find that working twice as hard, and getting paid half as much because you happen to be a woman, might result in your family going hungry. But that's okay, I guess, right?!?

The men in my life are adults, and responsible human beings. They're responsible for their own actions, just like I'm responsible for mine. Allow me to illustrate by example: I can sit around naked, and none of the men in my life are going to bat an eyelid. They may think that it's somewhat inappropriate, depending on the situation, but they sure as hell don't consider it a reason to abuse me. I'm sorry that you think women ask for abuse. I certainly never have. And, to put your knickers in a twist- I dress very modestly. Still got abused. Go figure.

So, it's better to stay in a miserable marriage for the sake of the children? Even if that means showing your children that marriage is miserable? Even if your miserable marriage makes them wish you'd finally get divorced already?

■And God’s judgement on our land, who says:

“Woe unto the wicked, it shall be ill with him for the reward of his hands shall be given him. As for My people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O My people, they which lead thee cause thee to err and destroy the way of thy paths.†Isaiah 3:11-12

We’ve been deceived, we continue to be deceived and unless we know the truth, we will unknowinly pass this deception to our children and their children in turn.

“Know the truth and the truth shall set you free.â€

You know nothing about reality, and are unwilling to learn. Roe v Wade made it safe and legal to have an abortion. Would you like to go back to the days of coat-hangers? Equal pay for equal work is only fair. Would you like to read about Victorian times? And I don't mean the rose-coloured novels about the upper-crust, but working for sixteen hours in a back-breaking job and still seeing your kids starve. Or how about disallowing divorce? How about we went back to the Victorian era? Picture yourself: Your husband abuses you, but the only way out is adultery. You have no private property, because that belongs to your husband. You'll never see your children again. They belong to your husband. Society is going to shun you. Good luck! Is that what you want?

Obviously, this is never going to happen to you, because you live in magical La-la-land. Meanwhile, in the real world, I sat around in my underwear tonight, talking to my SO about politics, and he conceded that I'm right- instead of getting desensitized and abusing me. Waiting for your deity's punishment here.

Archived