IGNORED

Fundies used as free labor in Israel

AtroposHeart

I was watching a documentary called

Louis Theroux: The Ultra Zionists

http://watchdocumentary.com/watch/louis ... 37ccc.html

At 34:50 shows American fundies who are working for free on an Israeli vineyard(Mind you by most International laws that it is Palestinian area, and the includes the U.S)

One is volunterring for a month. Must talk about their love for the Israeli people and their desire to be part prophecy.

Their desire to be a part of prophecy is key. I don't think they have any real love for the Israeli people when they also believe that most Jews will be slaughtered the bloodbath of Armageddon.

The family at this blog is trying to raise money to go to Israel with HaYovel to "help with the harvest." The husband was out of work since January, finally got a job offer that would have paid a six-figure income, and he turned it down because it would have interfered with traveling to Israel.

blog.followingtheancientpaths.org

As a small homeschooling & farming family with a small family construction business, we are excited to go to Judea, Benjamin and Samaria with HaYovel to help prepare for, and bring in, the harvest and to stand with the Jewish people in the Biblical Heartland of Israel. Our family has been able to go and help restore ruined cities, assist with the care of flocks, plow, plant and be vinedressers and harvesters in the mountains of Judea, Benjamin and Samaria. What a thrill to be a part of fulfilling Biblical prophecy! We will go to do this work as often as we are able. It is our task, as G-d fearers, and we are excited to humbly serve the pioneers in Judea, Benjamin and Samaria.

You know, Israel has changed a lot since the Bible. Like the presence of high-tech companies, and having different names for locations.

The family at this blog is trying to raise money to go to Israel with HaYovel to "help with the harvest." The husband was out of work since January, finally got a job offer that would have paid a six-figure income, and he turned it down because it would have interfered with traveling to Israel.

blog.followingtheancientpaths.org

You know, Israel has changed a lot since the Bible. Like the presence of high-tech companies, and having different names for locations.

Yeah, the comment on the flocks is eye rolling along with their refusal to use the current names.

I believe that a lot of ultra Orthodox Jews who identify as Zionists also use the terms Judea, Samaria, and Benjamin to describe the modern places. But that is part of a seperate theology of "redeeming all the land of Israel".

That "tending the flocks" comment was eyerolling.

I don't understand what you mean. Do you have a link please? :)

Many American Christians (and by that I mean the right wingers who support Israel) believe that Israel must survive as a state (including all Palestinian lands) for the Second Coming Christ to happen. That's one of the reasons why the US pumps so much money into Israel and why so many fundies have the 'support Israel' button on their blog. If Israel fails, then the second coming does not happen.

Sad isn't it.

That guy who is showing Louis the apartments is kinda annoying. It seems like half the time, he doesn't give answers, he just says "we don't discuss that'. Makes you wonder what he's hiding.

Many Americans don't realize how much our middle eastern policy is manipulated by these fringers whose support for Israel and force politicians to unilaterally and unconditionally support Israel. It even pisses off people I know how are traditionally pretty pro-Israel too. I had a hawkish, republican friend who supports Israel for security reasons (strong ally in the area, a democratic society etc). However, I showed him an article about this phenonemona of pro-Israel lobbies by evangelicals and he went beserk. He was appalled on anyone could push for policies based on on a PROPHECY. My roommate in college was Jewish and also strongly, hawkish pro-Israel and absolutely hates evangelicals who do this even though they share similar support of Israel. Why should she? These people who purport to "love" the Israeli people are pushing for a prophecy that says most of the Jews would slaughtered when they fail to convert. Yeah, I'd want to avoid those crazies as well.

I don't know why people don't realize by antagonizing the situation and pushing for more land into disputed territories, they are just increasing the violence and preventing people from living in peace. For those stupid Americans that go to Israel and sees a prophecy, maybe someone should remind them it is also HOME to a lot of people, Israeli and Palestinians, Arabs and Jews. If they want to do the Christian thing, they should focus on pushing for a workable peace accord and interfaith relations so this generational cycle of violence can finally stop. Is it ironic that such a holy place for three major religions is so filled with violence and religious acrimony?

Many Americans don't realize how much our middle eastern policy is manipulated by these fringers whose support for Israel and force politicians to unilaterally and unconditionally support Israel. It even pisses off people I know how are traditionally pretty pro-Israel too. I had a hawkish, republican friend who supports Israel for security reasons (strong ally in the area, a democratic society etc). However, I showed him an article about this phenonemona of pro-Israel lobbies by evangelicals and he went beserk. He was appalled on anyone could push for policies based on on a PROPHECY. My roommate in college was Jewish and also strongly, hawkish pro-Israel and absolutely hates evangelicals who do this even though they share similar support of Israel. Why should she? These people who purport to "love" the Israeli people are pushing for a prophecy that says most of the Jews would slaughtered when they fail to convert. Yeah, I'd want to avoid those crazies as well.

I don't know why people don't realize by antagonizing the situation and pushing for more land into disputed territories, they are just increasing the violence and preventing people from living in peace. For those stupid Americans that go to Israel and sees a prophecy, maybe someone should remind them it is also HOME to a lot of people, Israeli and Palestinians, Arabs and Jews. If they want to do the Christian thing, they should focus on pushing for a workable peace accord and interfaith relations so this generational cycle of violence can finally stop. Is it ironic that such a holy place for three major religions is so filled with violence and religious acrimony?

This. All of it.

Look, I am pro-Israel. I'll define that for myself to mean that I believe the State of Israel has the right to exist. It has the right to exist based solely on being the State of Israel, not for a prophetic or religious reason. I also believe the Palestinians are entitled to their own state, and should not have to be thankful for being able to exist as second class citizens in the State of Israel. So I pretty much come out in favor of any idea that meet criteria #1 and #2 simultaneously. The fanatics on all three sides (Jewish, Christian, and Muslim) need to SHUT UP!

Archived