IGNORED

Our America-Pray the gay away

BelieveinScience

Not sure if this belongs in snark or worldy distractions.

On tues at 9 on the OWN network "our america: pray the gay away" will air. From the preview I saw it showed a homosexual talking about how he was chaning his sexuality because of his faith. Just a heads up incase anyone wanted to watch it.

I tried to find the preview for the new episode and looks like they had an episode on it a year ago.

I feel kind of bad for these people. It must be hard to think you have to "choose" one thing over another to be a good faithful person.

Conversion therapy is an abusive practice. There's not a whole lot else to be said about it. It's been condemned by basically every psychological and medical governing body.

Beyond Ex-Gay is really a great website for perspectives of ex-gay victims.

My ex fundie husband is gay. I recently heard that he "graduated" from a Pray the Gay away program @ 37. I feel really sorry for him, but he is doomed to a life of his mother making his choices.

Of course, I think this "movement" is just about denial, which is really sad. These are the people that end up leaving their wives and kids for a cute Vision Forum intern. Being gay is no more a choice then being straight. I would be a lesbian if I could have chosen.

Of course, I think this "movement" is just about denial, which is really sad. These are the people that end up leaving their wives and kids for a cute Vision Forum intern. Being gay is no more a choice then being straight. I would be a lesbian if I could have chosen.

Ha ha ha... I think every straight person has felt this way at least ONCE in their lives... even the straightest person has felt a lot of WTF-ery moments when dealing with the opposite sex...

And on a brighter note:

Lisa Ling, the host of Our America on OWN, sat down with HuffPost Live to discuss her exclusive interview with Alan Chambers, the leader of Exodous International, who recently renounced his view that people could be cured from being gay. He credits Ling's program with changing his mind, she said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/1 ... 00038.html

Archived