IGNORED

Sikh Temple Mass Shootings/Hostage Taking

Visionoyahweh

http://www.cnn.com/video/?utm_source=fe ... sident.cnn

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/repo ... 59506.html

At least four people were shot just after 10 a.m. Sunday at the Sikh Temple in Oak Creek, and a police SWAT team entered the building before noon and brought uninjured people out of the building at 7512 S. Howell Ave.

Moments ago, they started removing injured people from the temple's prayer room.

SWAT team members were still sweeping the building about 1 p.m. and an explosion was heard from the building at that time.

The first officer on the scene encountered an active shooter and exchanged fire with him, according to Greenfield Police Chief Bradley Wentlandt.

ETA: Livestream

http://livewire.wisn.com/Event/Oak_Cree ... e_Shooting

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This disgusts me so much. Sikhs are peaceful people and they were there for God and then this happens. I want to know why those shooters shot them at the temple. No one knows for sure whether it's revenge or because of religious reasons.

My heart seriously goes out to them. Being Hindu, I can't imagine what the Sikh community is going through right now.

This is insane. I`m listening to the livestream now (thanks Vision) - 7 people dead from senseless brutality. It`s just heartbreaking.

I can't deal with the comment sections on so many sites reporting this. The typical nonsense about "towelheads" and Christians finally doing the right thing by retaliating against Muslims, since people are too fucking dumb to differentiate between religions of people of somewhat similar skin color.

Another thing, "We don't know yet ... We can't say this is terrorism" is being said all over this news. I'm sick of this. 9/11 was terrorism. Oklahoma City was terrorism. The theater shooting in Colorado was terrorism. This is terrorism.

Another thing, "We don't know yet ... We can't say this is terrorism" is being said all over this news. I'm sick of this. 9/11 was terrorism. Oklahoma City was terrorism. The theater shooting in Colorado was terrorism. This is terrorism.

QFT. If this were a Christian church we'd be bombing someone right now.

I think the news outlet just don't want to create an uproar by putting this shooting with the word "terrorism" when it truly is. Terrorism does not have to refer to a radical Muslim, shooting and bombing those in the name of Allah-it can just be a massive attack, which this was. Of all the religious temples and churches, why a Sikh temple? Why narrow it down to a certain religion and at a religious center?! I have so many Sikh friends and they are the most peaceful people you will ever meet. They don't judge others, no matter how much you judge, and respect all form of life and religion. It just truly breaks my heart how these people went into the temple, not knowing this tragic event would occur.

Even then, I will never understand those shooters mind on why they feel the need to kill.

"These people are different from me-I'm going to kill them to prove my point!"

"Brown people are terrorists and we must kill the enemies to scare them away!"

"Their religion is not the right religion! I'm going to kill them because they're praying to the wrong God!"

it's stupid. It's disgusting.

I can't deal with the comment sections on so many sites reporting this. The typical nonsense about "towelheads" and Christians finally doing the right thing by retaliating against Muslims, since people are too fucking dumb to differentiate between religions of people of somewhat similar skin color.

I find that most Americans are to dumb to differentiate between religions. I also find that most Americans are violent and will lash out at anyone who disagrees with them or lives his/her life differently than they do. As an American, I don't have a lot of faith in Americans.

I live only an hour from where this is happening. My dad drives by the temple every week. Luckily, the police department is only two houses away from the temple, so that's good. Maybe it'll prevent less people from dying.

It's shocking that another mass shooting just happened only a week or two after the Colorado theater shooting. What has this world come to? :(

I find that most Americans are to dumb to differentiate between religions. I also find that most Americans are violent and will lash out at anyone who disagrees with them or lives his/her life differently than they do. As an American, I don't have a lot of faith in Americans.

Same here, most Americans are too stupid to differentiate between religions as they won't step outside their little bubble. I had some Sikh friends in college, and I saw what they went through after the 9/11 attacks because of stupid Americans.

I'm watching local coverage because I am local.

I want to know why they feel the need to clarify that Sikhs are not Muslim. Is the anti-Muslim sentiment so ingrained that it's accepted and when things happen to non Muslims it needs to be explained? Would it be ok if they were Muslim?

I'm sick over what happened, the coverage, and the people who are so full of hate and ignorance.

Really? Why not?

Probably because the victims are brown-skinned, ethnic minorities who are not Christian? Right now Faux News is talking about the Chick-fil-a bullshit...you know, the people who are REALLY being persecuted.

Is the anti-Muslim sentiment so ingrained that it's accepted and when things happen to non Muslims it needs to be explained? Would it be ok if they were Muslim?

I would say "yes" and "yes".

Probably because the victims are brown-skinned, ethnic minorities who are not Christian? Right now Faux News is talking about the Chick-fil-a bullshit...you know, the people who are REALLY being persecuted.

Yeah, basically they look to much like Muslims for faux news. I can't help but think this is what happened, someone with no brains and serious case of Islamophobia decided that the Sikhs who attended the temple were in fact Muslim and wanted to "kill them Ay-rab terrorist!"

Yeah, basically they look to much like Muslims for faux news. I can't help but think this is what happened, someone with no brains and serious case of Islamophobia decided that the Sikhs who attended the temple were in fact Muslim and wanted to "kill them Ay-rab terrorist!"

Ugh. My parents say "Ay-rab". I am so ashamed of them anymore; they are hardcore Tea Party/Fox News Obsessed/Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh-worshipping bigots. I keep thinking of my parents and what they are saying about this horrific shooting. If they have the nerve to make a shitty comment about this shooting when I am around, I will probably disown them. I am becoming increasingly unable to stomach them and their hateful views. Knowing that my mother "liked" some Chick-fil-a BS on Facebook has really been bothering me. I unfriended her long ago but I'm embarrassed for her every time she makes an ass of herself on FB when "liking" ridiculous crap. UGH.

The political climate in this country is really wearing on me. I am so disgusted and disappointed with...everything.

Ugh. My parents say "Ay-rab". I am so ashamed of them anymore; they are hardcore Tea Party/Fox News Obsessed/Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh-worshipping bigots. I keep thinking of my parents and what they are saying about this horrific shooting. If they have the nerve to make a shitty comment about this shooting when I am around, I will probably disown them. I am becoming increasingly unable to stomach them and their hateful views. Knowing that my mother "liked" some Chick-fil-a BS on Facebook has really been bothering me. I unfriended her long ago but I'm embarrassed for her every time she makes an ass of herself on FB when "liking" ridiculous crap. UGH.

The political climate in this country is really wearing on me. I am so disgusted and disappointed with...everything.

:romance-grouphug: It is exhausting. Especially with family. But we can still fight it, and hopefully change it, even if its just with a few people.

Sikhs have long been a target for violence in India. There were ant-sihk riots in 1983 may have coast up to 20,000 lives.

My first thought when I heard the news was, "Oh, great--some pea-brained, Muslim-hating cracker failed to get the memo that SIKHS ARE NOT MUSLIMS." Sikhs have been the target of a lot of mindless anti-Muslim hate since 9/11, and I can't think of a single other reason why someone would go shoot up a Sikh temple. I've also learned to never underestimate the amount of stupidity and unthinking, self-righteous hatred that possesses certain groups of American right-wingers.

My first thought when I heard the news was, "Oh, great--some pea-brained, Muslim-hating cracker failed to get the memo that SIKHS ARE NOT MUSLIMS." Sikhs have been the target of a lot of mindless anti-Muslim hate since 9/11, and I can't think of a single other reason why someone would go shoot up a Sikh temple. I've also learned to never underestimate the amount of stupidity and unthinking, self-righteous hatred that possesses certain groups of American right-wingers.

In the late 90s, a relative of mine worked for a security company that is owned by a Sikh community. He developed friendships with several Sikhs. He said that after 9/11, his friends had to deal with threats and one of them had "terrorist" onto his vehicle.

Archived