IGNORED

Morton Radio Silence

buttercup

Yawn. Despite my username, I can't even recall who the mother of the baby is. You've lost me, Mortons!

It took me a minute, too, and I used to be so up on all things Morton. I can't even remember the name of Katie's fifth child or if it's a boy or girl. Addie needs to make a page on the blog listing all of the 16 blessings from God and their parents so we can keep them straight.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It took me a minute, too, and I used to be so up on all things Morton. I can't even remember the name of Katie's fifth child or if it's a boy or girl. Addie needs to make a page on the blog listing all of the 16 blessings from God and their parents so we can keep them straight.

I can help :

Katie Morton and Bret Alan Smith

Bret Alan Smith III

Ronald Michael Smith

Catherine Esther Smith

Wallace Johnson Smith

Anna Grace Smith

Elizabeth Rose Smith

Michael Morton Jr and Kressant Smith

Michael Beveridge Morton III

Carlos Phinehas Morton

Jonathan DeWet Morton

Isabella Grace Morton

Byron Zizka Morton

Joseph Wesley Morton and Rachel Smith

Joseph Wesley Morton Jr

William Stone Morton

Ariana Grace Morton

[she is due to have her fourth child in June or July]

Dorothy Morton and Noah Sanders

Enoch Timothy Sanders

William Cleveland Morton and Lise Kendall

William Cleveland Morton Jr

Why are three of the five married Mortons married to someone with the last name Smith? Is it just a coincidence because its quite a common last name, or are the Smiths siblings?

Why are three of the five married Mortons married to someone with the last name Smith? Is it just a coincidence because its quite a common last name, or are the Smiths siblings?

They are indeed siblings, and the Morton grandfather was widowed and married a Smith, too.

Thank you, Kira! I was keeping a list for a while :oops:, but it's really outdated.

For those who don't know, little Elizabeth's oldest brother is just 6 years old. Katie's rate of reproduction makes Michelle Duggar's look leisurely, but Katie started somewhat later and has not yet had twins, so I'd be surprised if she ended up with 19. Never say never, though...

I can help :

Katie Morton and Bret Alan Smith

Bret Alan Smith III

Ronald Michael Smith

Catherine Esther Smith

Wallace Johnson Smith

Anna Grace Smith

Elizabeth Rose Smith

Michael Morton Jr and Kressant Smith

Michael Beveridge Morton III

Carlos Phinehas Morton

Jonathan DeWet Morton

Isabella Grace Morton

Byron Zizka Morton

Joseph Wesley Morton and Rachel Smith

Joseph Wesley Morton Jr

William Stone Morton

Ariana Grace Morton

[she is due to have her fourth child in June or July]

Dorothy Morton and Noah Sanders

Enoch Timothy Sanders

William Cleveland Morton and Lise Kendall

William Cleveland Morton Jr

Interesting that Darth and Noah broke the trend of naming eldest boy after the father...

Mortons were my gateway fundies if you don't count the fundies I knew growing up (some discussed here even). Katie got married I think two years after I did and has double the number of children!

Also, on the sanders blog it has a picture of Enoch (I think?) and a caption "I'm going to be a big brother" do...it appears darling Darth is going to have another. I'm glad at least she got to recover and enjoy her baby for a year before getting knocked up again. In that world that's practically eons.

The baby who is going to be a big brother isn't Enoch, it must belong to some of the friends who were staying with them.

The baby who is going to be a big brother isn't Enoch, it must belong to some of the friends who were staying with them.

But Darth does appear to be sporting a baby bump in the most recent pictures.

But Darth does appear to be sporting a baby bump in the most recent pictures.

Yep, sure looks like it and considering how long it took her last time to show, I'd say a Spring baby.

Yep, sure looks like it and considering how long it took her last time to show, I'd say a Spring baby.

Oh, praise Jeebus! :roll: Heaven forbid a Smorton go a whole two years between births...

I hope they come up with a more euphonious name than Enoch this time. Poor baby.

I think there was a picture of Dorothy&Noah&Enoch a while ago on the Sanders blog with the caption "a growing family", so yeah, she probably has the next bun in the oven. At least she is going to have a new house soon and doesn't have to live in her in-laws' old shop anymore. The kitchen in the shop looks very bare so no wonder she's always seen hanging around in the Sanders HQ kitchen.

Speaking of the ever multiplying S'mortons... isn't it about time for Lise and Kressy to be pregnant again? Not to mention Bethany (Lane, ex-Smith) whose baby was born in the summer, I think. The kid was most definitely a honeymoon baby (I'm betting a wedding night baby... :? ) so what's taking so long, Danny boy?!?

And Katie, I will be looking for the next arrow by the end of the year - it's only January now!

These particular fundies never cease to amaze me... in a bad way I mean...

I still wonder when/if a courtship will be in the works for any of the remaining Morton girls.. or, for that matter, the Sanders girls.

Interesting that Darth and Noah broke the trend of naming eldest boy after the father...

Woah, I'm pretty impressed. :D Is there anybody able to make a similar list for the Sanders and Smiths kids?

The Sanders Kids:

(Lora Lynn, from the father's previous marriage)

Noah

Abbi

Rebekah

Grace

Ethan

Emmanuel

Nehemiah

Gabriel

I'm not proud of the fact that I know the Morton and Sanders family trees :oops:

I think there was a picture of Dorothy&Noah&Enoch a while ago on the Sanders blog with the caption "a growing family", so yeah, she probably has the next bun in the oven. At least she is going to have a new house soon and doesn't have to live in her in-laws' old shop anymore. The kitchen in the shop looks very bare so no wonder she's always seen hanging around in the Sanders HQ kitchen.

Speaking of the ever multiplying S'mortons... isn't it about time for Lise and Kressy to be pregnant again? Not to mention Bethany (Lane, ex-Smith) whose baby was born in the summer, I think. The kid was most definitely a honeymoon baby (I'm betting a wedding night baby... :? ) so what's taking so long, Danny boy?!?

And Katie, I will be looking for the next arrow by the end of the year - it's only January now!

These particular fundies never cease to amaze me... in a bad way I mean...

Bethany' baby was born in August but due in October.

The Sanders Kids:

(Lora Lynn, from the father's previous marriage)

I wonder what happened there. Death? Divorce (scandalous!)? I haven't read much of LL's blog so I don't know if she's ever mentioned her mother, but I've read a fair amount of the Sanders blog and never seen a mention.

And ditto that re: wondering about courtships. Lots of fertile young fundamentalist wombs withering on the vine in the S'Morton families, it seems.

Pics of Elizabeth Rose Smith on the Morton blog. And Andrew is now 18. At which age did Rachel and Wes marry?

Rachel was 18, Wes a little older, I think.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1817&dat=19820620&id=RzMdAAAAIBAJ&sjid=f6UEAAAAIBAJ&pg=5267,4686171

Found an old newspaper with Jeanine and Michael Morton's wedding (there a pic of them if you scroll up). I wonder when they got fundy... does anybody know that?

No idea when they became fundie, but I was struck by how pretty, thin, and young Jeanine looks!

I wonder what happened there. Death? Divorce (scandalous!)? I haven't read much of LL's blog so I don't know if she's ever mentioned her mother, but I've read a fair amount of the Sanders blog and never seen a mention.

And ditto that re: wondering about courtships. Lots of fertile young fundamentalist wombs withering on the vine in the S'Morton families, it seems.

It was divorce! I don't think we know the full story, but it has been discussed before.

It was divorce! I don't think we know the full story, but it has been discussed before.

Discussed here at FJ or elsewhere? I've asked here but don't recall that anyone who knew for sure responded thus. Never have seen a reference to this on any of their blogs nor any reference to she who is LL's birth mother.

TIA if you have solid info!

Archived