IGNORED

Morton Radio Silence

buttercup

The Mortons have been silent for over a month again.. there are pictures of Mama Morton, one of the boys and Adeline at the food conference the Sanders attended (although just one pic. I'm sort of wondering if the friendship between the two families has cooled off? I feel like a year or two ago there would have been oodles of pics of Addie and Abbi/Bekah/Grace. The Sanders have also seemed a bit more pants-wearing in the past year) but the main Morton blog hasn't been updated since late June. Do you think they've gone private? Or is Addie courting? I feel like usually we'd get updates on the Cleve/Lise baby, etc.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been wondering about this too, but if you look at the number of post the Morton's have each year it's clear they don't blog alot. When everyone was wondering why they haven't posted about Kressant's pregnancy I searched both blogs and found that thay haven't posted many of the S'morton pregnancy annoucements. That being said, I'm very surpised that haven't posted. I don't think they are still having computer problems because the boys have updated their blog and the various Mortons have commented on other blogs. Maybe Adeline is busy.......

It does seem the blogging has become more sporadic since Darthy left the compound. I am surprised, since they've had quite an eventful year (again), and they typically love to brag about all the 'darwing wittle fwuffy babies' and such.

I wonder if it has something to do with Addie and Martha still being on the shelf.. or maybe just busier doing extra chores and helping out with the scads of babies. Or performing an all-morton cast of Pride and Prejudice.

It's interesting. Their former crew - Smiths, Lanes, Kendalls, Sanders - seem to be a touch more modern than Mortons (pants, snowboarding, etc). I hope for Addie and Martha and the younger boys' sake that the family isn't becoming more isolated.

I wonder if it has something to do with Addie and Martha still being on the shelf.. or maybe just busier doing extra chores and helping out with the scads of babies. Or performing an all-morton cast of Pride and Prejudice.

It's interesting. Their former crew - Smiths, Lanes, Kendalls, Sanders - seem to be a touch more modern than Mortons (pants, snowboarding, etc). I hope for Addie and Martha and the younger boys' sake that the family isn't becoming more isolated.

I hadn't thought about them becoming more isolated, but it does make some sense. I also hope it's not the case. Perhaps they have fewer delightful afternoons to share about now that most of the girls are gone ... and if they have fewer friends than before, too.

I spotted Mortons in two pics. But yeah I'd guess that the Smith/Lane fundie-lite wedding may have caused some tension that existed after Darthy's wedding to come to a head. Beth's in pants now, snowboarding, living in an apartment somewhere. Darths married with a baby. While the two girls are at home, making none of their own decisions and having to appear happy about it.

I do think Andrew/Tom will be the next one married.

I spotted Mortons in two pics. But yeah I'd guess that the Smith/Lane fundie-lite wedding may have caused some tension that existed after Darthy's wedding to come to a head. Beth's in pants now, snowboarding, living in an apartment somewhere. Darths married with a baby. While the two girls are at home, making none of their own decisions and having to appear happy about it.

Interesting. Could you please show me where I could find the pics of Bethany Lane? Do they have a blog? Thanks:)

But yeah I'd guess that the Smith/Lane fundie-lite wedding may have caused some tension that existed after Darthy's wedding to come to a head.

Tension after Darthy's wedding? Did something happen there? If so, I need details! Or are you just speculating? Does anyone know why the Smiths very rarely post? The last entry in their blog was the engagement.

Interesting. Could you please show me where I could find the pics of Bethany Lane? Do they have a blog? Thanks:)

They don't have a blog, but the Roberts kids posted pictures of McKinney Lane's birthday party. pascolife.blogspot.com

The actual picture:

4.bp.blogspot.com/-Ti0PisJCkzY/T_NBUxjeD6I/AAAAAAAAG6o/lFP69VGHdMs/s1600/beth.jpg

Tension after Darthy's wedding? Did something happen there? If so, I need details! Or are you just speculating? Does anyone know why the Smiths very rarely post? The last entry in their blog was the engagement.

Mostly speculation. There were a few posts where the girls went on about missing Darthy, one very recently. It was about the same time Mama Morton posted about being content in your life right now, which basically looked like the girls had been tomato staked.

The girls were the main bloggers, and when the oldest ones got married that left a lot for Beth to do. Now she's married, and not posting at all.

Whoa, I forgot Bethany was pregnant! I haven't been doing my screenname justice lately. :) Thank you, Lexiloumarie.

I wish I knew more about how Bethany's courtship/marriage had come about. Have we heard anything lately about that documentary about courtship she was supposedly on? On the OWN network or something like that?

ETA: she's wearing SHORTS, even!

Mostly speculation. There were a few posts where the girls went on about missing Darthy, one very recently. It was about the same time Mama Morton posted about being content in your life right now, which basically looked like the girls had been tomato staked.

The girls were the main bloggers, and when the oldest ones got married that left a lot for Beth to do. Now she's married, and not posting at all.

Darn! Thought I'd missed something good. I always wonder how on earth these girls manage the transition to marriage. They have often spent their entire lives within their nuclear family, with no friends, no sleepovers, no schools, no activities outside of the family unit, and so on. After that type of isolation and total family immersion, how do they manage to adjust to moving away to live with a man they barely know and another family-his, that is different?

The siblings left behind would have a big hole in their lives, too. Those Morton girls spend huge amounts of time together so Darthy's absence would be upsetting. Expecting them to be content and happy about missing their sister is cold and unfeeling. And Darthy's marriage would be a reminder that they aren't getting any younger!

Beth needs to start a new blog!

I often have the impression that they stopped to post about pregnancy announcements because they consider it more as a normal thing for a woman to be pregnant than a special time. I wouldn't be surprised if they started to blog about who is NOT pregnant..

That would make Addie and Martha the Sarah Maxwells of the Georgia fundie-lite scene.

That would make Addie and Martha the Sarah Maxwells of the Georgia fundie-lite scene.

I cannot see the Mortons beeing anywhere near fundie-lite.

I cannot see the Mortons beeing anywhere near fundie-lite.

True enough. Everyone just seems somewhat "lite" when I compare them to the Maxwells. Addie and Mart can dance with their relatives and take genuine pleasure in limited amounts of fun and pretty things. Steve Maxwell would likely find them downright frivolous.

okay, compared to the Maxwells they are really "lite". Maxwellian fundiesm is just a total different branch of craziness.

The Sanders' finished their posts about the food conference and it seems Adeline and Andrew were the only Mortons there. There is a short post about the conference on the boys blog, but the Morton blog is still quiet. There must be something going on. This reminds me of last summer when the Mortons stopped blogging. We were speculating about a courtship(most of us thought it was Addie)then the Morton's showed up on the Sanders blog with Lise.

Addie, 21 and Martha, 19 have a long way to go before they end up like Sarah Maxwell. I don't think their parents are preventing them from marriying. I think the problem Addie and Martha face is waiting for someone to court and marry.

The Sanders' finished their posts about the food conference and it seems Adeline and Andrew were the only Mortons there. There is a short post about the conference on the boys blog, but the Morton blog is still quiet. There must be something going on. This reminds me of last summer when the Mortons stopped blogging. We were speculating about a courtship(most of us thought it was Addie)then the Morton's showed up on the Sanders blog with Lise.

Addie, 21 and Martha, 19 have a long way to go before they end up like Sarah Maxwell. I don't think their parents are preventing them from marriying. I think the problem Addie and Martha face is waiting for someone to court and marry.

I don't think the parents are as eager to let the girls go as they were the older bunch. Much like the J'Slaves there is a string of boys under them, and they've posted about the amount of housework the girls do.

I do think something is going on their again, what though will only show when someone blogs about it.

Also where the hell did Mama Morton go. She was there in the early posts but not in the last day. Back at the hotel maybe? It's weird.

I don't think the parents are as eager to let the girls go as they were the older bunch. Much like the J'Slaves there is a string of boys under them, and they've posted about the amount of housework the girls do.

I do think something is going on their again, what though will only show when someone blogs about it.

Also where the hell did Mama Morton go. She was there in the early posts but not in the last day. Back at the hotel maybe? It's weird.

The five Morton boys range in age 10 to 17. They also seem to help with housework unlike the Duggar boys.

That was not Jeanine it that picture. It was Amanda.

ETA: Jeanine was really sad when Dorothy got married. I can't imagine how she will feel when Adeline and Martha are married. I think that has more to do with keeping them at home than housework.

I tried to go to the Saunders blog page, and I received a security error from my browser.

Was it the new blog roravalley.com/blog?

Nothing new on the Morton blog, but Rachel and Wes updated their blog with a few pictures of Ariana. I have to say.. she is really a doll.

wesandleacompany.blogspot.com

Nothing new on the Morton blog, but Rachel and Wes updated their blog with a few pictures of Ariana. I have to say.. she is really a doll.

wesandleacompany.blogspot.com

It's wesleaandcompany.blogspot.com

Kres has a picture of her and Lise's bellies as her fb pic. They both look due this fall. Is it possible one's having twins?

Archived