IGNORED

Nie Nie on People

Sydney Fox

That article basically recycled stuff from previous articles on NieNie. I guess the People article is being used to increase book sales. The article did answer the question about Christian's job situation. I lurk on the GOMI forums here and there sometime back posters there questioning his job situation. I hate to be cruel and I've said it before, Christian and Nie Nie are definitely milking their situations for money and publicity and it is annoying. They are probably trying to shop around the book for movie adaptation rights.

For some reason, she's the only fundie I've had an instant visceral dislike for. Usually you have to dig beneath the facade of the beautiful kids and perfect life to find the bad stuff, but NieNie is unpleasant off the bat.

I remember seeing NieNie and Christian on Oprah. But at the time I was visiting my parents and I didn't pay too much attention to their interview because I was cooking while my mom was watching it. About a year ago, one of the bloggers that I follow met NieNie through her Mormon ward. NieNie has been going to wards around the country for speaking gigs. I started reading her blog here and there. At first I thought she was inspirational, but I read some of her pre-crash entries and I got annoyed by her. Later on I did some online research and found out that a lot of people were annoyed with her before the crash. I also read some of her post-hospital entries in which she talks about getting gifts and eventually I realized how much she and Christian are milking their situations. I also heard about that the Christmas product review thing last year in which she was going to review homemade products sent to her and I believe she only reviewed a few products. An FJ member sent stuff to her and she later requested that NieNie send her stuff back, but nothing happened.

When I saw the article entitled "Hero among us" about a mommy blogger and a plane crash, I knew instantly that it was about Nie Nie, even before I clicked on the story. She's no hero to me, just a self-entitled woman who is milking her misfortune for financial benefit. She's pimping baby Charlotte out for her own gain.

I'm not sure why she bugs me so much, but seeing her in People was enough for me to come out of lurk mode.

When I saw the article entitled "Hero among us" about a mommy blogger and a plane crash, I knew instantly that it was about Nie Nie, even before I clicked on the story. She's no hero to me, just a self-entitled woman who is milking her misfortune for financial benefit. She's pimping baby Charlotte out for her own gain.

I'm not sure why she bugs me so much, but seeing her in People was enough for me to come out of lurk mode.

For me, a lot of things about NieNie bug me. She pretty much ignores some of Christian's responsibility in the crash and they also sued the City of St. Johns because of the utility power lines or something. I can understand some of the financial assistance that Nielsens received, but once NieNie started talking about expensive clothes it became annoying. I also hate how NieNie's fangirls constantly praise her for raising kids while being disabled, I'm not trying trivialize NieNie's situation, but they are other disabled mothers in the world. Some disabled mothers were already disabled prior to having kids. Some disabled moms aren't milking their situations for financial benefit. NieNie is definetely pimping out Charlotte and that combined with book renewed some interest in NieNie.

I was lurking on the GOMI forums awhile ago and one poster there is totally annoyed with NieNie whining while Christian is away on a 3 day scouting trip. That poster's husband has been deployed a few times and I can see why she is annoyed with NieNie's whining.

I did feel dreadfully sorry for her injuries and how difficult that must be to deal with....BUT...yes she is very whiny and the Boden perfect lifestyle gets tedious. But it was the time she had her hairdresser (who was there to pamper her) cut both her daughter's hair short because the smell of it was making her pregnancy nausea worse. I actively disliked her then.

I agree with everything everyone else has said. I can't pretend to have been a regular reader, but I went through a big chunk of old posts (and some of her sister's sanctimonious bullshit) before and after her accident. I am disgusted by her huge sense of entitlement and unwillingness to grow.

Did anyone else think it was weird that she left her children alone long enough with her eldest child for the eldest to get frightened by the news, get up the sleeping baby, go to the neighbors and call her about a "flash flood?" This seems like an awfully long time...

Did anyone else think it was weird that she left her children alone long enough with her eldest child for the eldest to get frightened by the news, get up the sleeping baby, go to the neighbors and call her about a "flash flood?" This seems like an awfully long time...

Yes

NieNie hasn't mentioned the People article on her blog. She is going to speak at a Sundance Resort Author Series in September and her speaking date was sold out. She is probably happy about that, but I bet her audience will be Mormon fangirls.

Read the article at the salon (aka beauty shop) today. BLECH!

:liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: :liar:

NieNie hasn't mentioned the People article on her blog. She is going to speak at a Sundance Resort Author Series in September and her speaking date was sold out. She is probably happy about that, but I bet her audience will be Mormon fangirls.

I'm sure you're right, ugh. I don't understand what is particularly inspirational about Nie Nie. Her story is tragic, but not inspirational at all IMO. If the only requirement for someone to be considered inspirational is that they had bad crap happen, then she does indeed qualify, but it ends there for me.

Here's the bottom line of the NTSB report on cause of the accident:

The National Transportation Safety Board determines the probable cause(s) of this accident as follows:

The failure of both pilots to abort the takeoff when a suitable climb rate could not be attained. Contributing to the accident was the reduction of available power due to the camshaft lobe and lifter corrosion/wear, the high density altitude, and the CFI’s inadequate supervision.

Nie's husband was at the control and he screwed up; contributing factors were poor maintenance and the instructor's not paying attention.

But it was the time she had her hairdresser (who was there to pamper her) cut both her daughter's hair short because the smell of it was making her pregnancy nausea worse. I actively disliked her then.

Um, the smell of her hair? Wouldn't it just make more sense to maybe change whatever product you're using on your kids' hair?

WTF.

I'm sure you're right, ugh. I don't understand what is particularly inspirational about Nie Nie. Her story is tragic, but not inspirational at all IMO. If the only requirement for someone to be considered inspirational is that they had bad crap happen, then she does indeed qualify, but it ends there for me.

It is hard to tell why some people find NieNie inspirational. I think some people can become inspirational after tragedies in which they grow from the tragedies and help others in similar situations. With NieNie, I don't think she has grown from what happened to her. She has continued to have an entitled attitude and she milks her story as much as she can. Her and Christian come off as arrogant.

Um, the smell of her hair? Wouldn't it just make more sense to maybe change whatever product you're using on your kids' hair?

WTF.

I agree changing the hair products would have been a better solution if the daughter's hair had a certain smell.

Here's the bottom line of the NTSB report on cause of the accident:

The National Transportation Safety Board determines the probable cause(s) of this accident as follows:

The failure of both pilots to abort the takeoff when a suitable climb rate could not be attained. Contributing to the accident was the reduction of available power due to the camshaft lobe and lifter corrosion/wear, the high density altitude, and the CFI’s inadequate supervision.

Nie's husband was at the control and he screwed up; contributing factors were poor maintenance and the instructor's not paying attention.

I hadn't seen the NTSB report. I don't know if Christian and Stephanie have gone to court because of the lawsuit. I hope they don't win. I'm not trying to sound mean. I can picture the Nie fangirls going crazy in that situation.

NieNie's instagram is full of annoying pictures and captions. She took a picture of a calendar with yesterday's date circled on it with the caption, "Christian comes home, can't come sooner". It is funny NieNie talks about being a good Mormon and Christian is serving as a scout leader for a ward troop. She should be praising him for doing his calling, but instead she whines about how she hates that he was gone for three days.

I also thought this pic was annoying and shows how she totally pimps out Charlotte.

http://web.stagram.com/p/237723946958340331_7940911

As both a burn nurse and a private pilot, I'm getting a kick out of this thread...etc...

(I do hope that they're suing whoever was supposed to be maintaining that airplane.)

Side note - I wonder if she's planning on getting those neck contractures released any time soon?

//has SUCH a FJ appropriate story to share about a recent patient but can't because of HIPAA laws. Alas.

Well damn, my husband went to scout camp for 8 days and he isn't even a leader. I tried to find things I enjoyed while he was gone.

I was lurking on the GOMI forums and some of the posters have the same concerns about what NieNie did.

http://getoffmyinternets.net/gomi-forum ... /page-159/

The posts on NieNie leaving her kids with oldest start on the previous page.

Archived