IGNORED

Everything I need to know I learned before I was 18months

Koala

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/07/obedience-by-eighteen-months-old.html

"If you don't get obedience by the time they are eighteen months old, it is too late!" stated a father of ten children. I tend to agree with him. Yes, eighteen months is young but they are little at that age and much easier to control than when they get bigger.

And her favorite Bible verse:

Folly is bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of discipline

drives it far from him.

Proverbs 22:15

Thanks for the transparency Lori. With your handy little Bible verse at least we know how you're getting a baby just barely over a year to instantly obey your every command. When exactly do you start hitting? Did you know that unquestioning obedience to others is NOT self discipline? Nope, it's not. Is this what's done with Emma when your son isn't able to force the food down her throat? Is this what happens when she gets off the blanket her dad makes her sit on while she watches her parents eat and cries in hunger?

Honestly when she posts tips on child rearing it throws me off my food for at least a day. Which is great for my particular waistline, but still leaves those poor children in hell. Literally a complete absence of love in those homes. Sick and evil.:(

She's disgusting. I have a 19-month old, and the thought of hitting him makes me feel ill. He's a baby for crying out loud.

thats f*cked up!!!

You are just breaking a childs spirit in doing that, and having them be a scared and scarred doormat for life! :x

Just another example of a person with no education, no self awareness, no morals, who uses some GOD rhetoric to excuse her own shortcomings and insecurities to feel better about herself by imposing her will on those who cannot fight back. *golf clap*

What the hell is an 18 month old doing wrong anyways? Sorry in our home, if the baby gets into something, that is because I am an idiot and left it at their level. I have 6 kids I expect finger prints, messes, tantrums which seem to be when they are tired, or hungry and frankly I throw a tantrum when I am tired or hungry. I don't potty train until much later, I realized if you wait till they are ready it is so much easier. 8-)

Plus a child at this age can't comprehend why their parent is hurting them. They just realize the only person on this planet that is supposed to protect them is hurting them!

I can't read her blog it just upsets me and makes me want to scream at all her followers! Lori is to EVIL for me. and that is saying something in Fundy world, hell I read the No Greater Joy Magazine when it comes out. :roll:

What on earth is a baby doing in the first place that it deserves to be hit in the first place?

At that age their goal is too explore the world and understand it not cause trouble. I have hung around plenty of babies and could never imagine causing them harm in any way

What the hell is an 18 month old doing wrong anyways? Sorry in our home, if the baby gets into something, that is because I am an idiot and left it at their level. I have 6 kids I expect finger prints, messes, tantrums which seem to be when they are tired, or hungry and frankly I throw a tantrum when I am tired or hungry. I don't potty train until much later, I realized if you wait till they are ready it is so much easier. 8-)

Plus a child at this age can't comprehend why their parent is hurting them. They just realize the only person on this planet that is supposed to protect them is hurting them!

I can't read her blog it just upsets me and makes me want to scream at all her followers! Lori is to EVIL for me. and that is saying something in Fundy world, hell I read the No Greater Joy Magazine when it comes out. :roll:

According to them:

(1) Babyproofing is spoiling. If you are a good parent, you will have obedient kids who obey your every word and so all you need to do is TELL your kids not to break the china figurines and not to stick their fingers in the electric outlets.

(2) Kids need to learn that they are subject to YOU and YOU are the boss and so they can't have any free will, no, they must learn that they can't get what they want because their needs do not matter. This means that if they're not doing anything wrong, you need to tell them to do meaningless tasks or put meaningless requirements on them anyway, purely as an excuse for you to discipline when they inevitably cross the line.

Basically it's all about setting up a battle of wills between you and the baby whenever possible, so that you can make a show of your power as you win the struggle every time, until the kid quits having any sort of independent rebellious will.

It's all just completely over the top unnecessary and cruel, not to mention lacking any sort of understanding of what little kids are capable of. The sane "pick your battles" advice is just anathema to them. They go out of their way to SEEK battles. It's nuts.

My granddaughter is 19 months old, and I could NEVER even imagine hitting her! We don't babyproof much (our kids are a lot older), but when she is here, I watch her every single moment. If she starts getting into something she shouldn't, I redirect her.

A child should never be hit. Period.

I don't hit. I don't yell or scream. I baby proof my house. I guarantee there is a lot more happiness and laughter in my house than in Lori's. My 21 month old son is ornery (as any nearly 2 year old should be), but well adjusted. He knows he is loved. His needs are met before my needs are met. He knows he's important. That's how you parent.

Another blog posting that shows vile cow Lori is. She will never stop being a Pearl fangirl. The below quote sounds a bit similar to one of the PP's recent sermons. I wonder if Lori has been listening to the PP and changed the story around because she wouldn't want to be connected to the PP because of some of the shit he has said.

"If you don't get obedience by the time they are eighteen months old, it is too late!" stated a father of ten children. I tend to agree with him. Yes, eighteen months is young but they are little at that age and much easier to control than when they get bigger.

Thats f*cked up!!!

You are just breaking a child's spirit in doing that, and having them be a scared and scarred doormat for life! :x

Yeah, but Michael Pearl comes right out and says that breaking a child's spirit is the objective, in order to make the child submissive to the parent's will and able to predict what the parent wants in advance.

I could shoot these people.

Sick - Lori is the only fundie that I truly hate. She is disgusting.

I can't imagine the heartbreak and confusion of the little baby.

I'm never surprised by this crap, but I never cease to be heartbroken.

THIS.

I look at that sweet little baby (who often has the devil in her eyes), and I just mellllt :romance-heartsfade: . So what if she doesn't want to eat when I think she should? She will when she's hungry. So what if she says "NO" a hundred times a day - she's asserting her independence.

She has me wrapped around her little finger, and we both like it that way! She knows I love her unconditionally, and seeing her little face light up when she sees me gives me the most amazing feeling I have ever experienced in my life.

I would like to take Lori and her son out back, tie them both to a tree, force feed them something they HATE, then cover 'em in honey and see if the bears are interested! (We live out in the country, and our property backs up to a large mountain range. Bears and coyotes are very common here.)

Edited because "face" and "ace" are two very different words.

Proverbs 22:15 is generally translated with cultural assumptions firmly in place. Here's a thread at Gentle Christian Mothers that examines the Hebrew text:

http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/c ... p?t=135379

In short, the proverb is really (paraphrase): "Only adults go around deliberately behaving like natural born damn fools. Discipline children while they are still children and they won't go down that road."

NOTE: "Bound up in" does not mean "intrinsic to;" it means "closely confined in." Bound up, tied down, genie firmly corked in the bottle. To discipline someone means to make a disciple of them, that is, to teach and lead by example. It does not mean hitting, entrapping, and shaming into silence. "Discipline" does not rhyme with "wooden spoon."

These people make my head spin! Sure, I want my son to listen when I tell him to do something, but unquestioning obedience would be weird! One of my favorite things about being a mother is watching my son grow up and develop his own likes and dislikes, and I love the fact that he's so outgoing and brave. I can't even imagine beating that out of him. Plus, what is up with them treating their kids like they are completely stupid. I mean really? Are their kids incapable of even knowing when they're hungry? What the heck is missing in their lives that they simply can't stand the thought of letting a little baby get his or her own way? Unless it's dangerous, unhealthy, expensive or going against the rights or comforts of someone else, my son pretty much gets to choose everything in life; from what and when he wants to eat (within reason of course) to what he wears and the toys he plays with.

These people never see any subtlety in life.

Reality is somewhere between a child running wild and getting no guidance, and being a mindless obedient drone - we all know that. But they can't seem to see that possibility, let alone embrace and enjoy it.

They may imagine that they are seeing and allowing individual differences in their children, within their rigid, limited window. But how could they? If all of the developmental stages are ignored, and their children never learn to make choices, how could they ever become fully-formed human beings?

I grieve for the people these children could be, and how those possibilities are probably going to be completely squelched.

:(

She needs to retitle her blog something along the lines of: "How to create an eating disorder in just 10 simple steps!"

That dumb fuck had better hope she never lives long enough to be at the mercy of her children.

There's a while generation of kids out there who, in the very least, have given up on the religion of their parents because of fuckery like this; and that includes the sort who'd leave their parents in the worst long-term care facilities they could find, just out of pure spite.

Guest Anonymous

THIS.

I look at that sweet little baby (who often has the devil in her eyes), and I just mellllt :romance-heartsfade: . So what if she doesn't want to eat when I think she should? She will when she's hungry. So what if she says "NO" a hundred times a day - she's asserting her independence.

She has me wrapped around her little finger, and we both like it that way! She knows I love her unconditionally, and seeing her little face light up when she sees me gives me the most amazing feeling I have ever experienced in my life.

I would like to take Lori and her son out back, tie them both to a tree, force feed them something they HATE, then cover 'em in honey and see if the bears are interested! (We live out in the country, and our property backs up to a large mountain range. Bears and coyotes are very common here.)

Edited because "face" and "ace" are two very different words.

A contingent of soldier ants would be even better.

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/07/obedience-by-eighteen-months-old.html

And her favorite Bible verse:

Thanks for the transparency Lori. With your handy little Bible verse at least we know how you're getting a baby just barely over a year to instantly obey your every command. When exactly do you start hitting? Did you know that unquestioning obedience to others is NOT self discipline? Nope, it's not. Is this what's done with Emma when your son isn't able to force the food down her throat? Is this what happens when she gets off the blanket her dad makes her sit on while she watches her parents eat and cries in hunger?

I posted this on her FB page, unfortunately it will not change her mind, but still.

What is it with you people and child rearing. Children are not your natural enemy. It seems to me that you engage yourself in some sort of competion even a power struggle, you are an adult against a little child with is no match at all. An 18 months is doing exactly what they are supposed to do, exploring, which is their job and essential for their development. Why this obsession with control, breaking their will, something absurd and cruel as 'blanket training'. What is the point of impede their development and emotional growth.

Archived