IGNORED

Satan wants your firstborn...

Deleted07

This 'interesting' article came up on my newsfeed;

goddiscussion.com/98724/preacher-who-influenced-duggar-childrearing-practices-warns-that-satan-wants-your-firstborn/

Preacher who influenced Duggar childrearing practices warns that Satan wants your firstborn...

On July 6, the Lincoln Daily News reported that the Park Meadows Baptist Church received a surprise visit from the Duggar family. The Duggars are a Quiverfull family admired by religious right groups like the Family Research Council and the American Family Association, but may be more well known for their program at The Learning Channel called "19 Kids and Counting."

According to the Daily News article, the family patriarch Jim Bob Duggar relied on material distributed by the church's pastor, S.M. Davis, in learning how to rear his growing flock of children. "I get asked a lot of questions about childrearing and many people seek my counsel about their family,†the newspaper article states, quoting Duggar. “I often point them to Pastor Davis’ website, Solve Family Problems.â€

The Solve Family Problems site is filled with DVDs and MP3 offerings on Christian child rearing, including topics on discipline and dealing with "rebellious" offspring, whether they are under 18 or over 18 and no longer living at home. Maintaining purity, breaking Satan's strongholds and marriage roles are discussed.

In a free handout accompanying one of the DVDs, Davis — who promotes "Biblical courtship" (see video link in article) — explains that reverence and submission are keys to a successful marriage and that submission is something for the wife to do, and that it doesn't mean that she is inferior.

To give her husband reverence, Davis has offers a few talking points:

Watch, listen to, admire, compliment, praise, love him.

Teach your children to honor him.

Atmosphere at home.

Help and praise his intimacy skills.

Admire the work that he does.

While Davis advocates discipline for all children, the firstborn need more attention because Satan wants them. Satan hates the Bible and attempts to destroy creationism, the accompanying worksheet explains, and Satan wants all the firsts that God wants, like the first year of marriage, tithes, the firstborn and a child's first year of life. Among other things, Davis teaches that "The firstborn's life must be totally dedicated to God to serve others" and that "Satan's number one target on planet earth" is the preacher's firstborn.

A site that praises Davis' work explains that when it comes to discipline, he uses the following pointers that spell out respect:

C – stay Calm

H – Have time to do what you need to do.

A – get Alone with your child.

S – Silence (consider a time of it to express grief – Ezra 9).

T – Talk/explain.

I – Instruct them with your eyes.

S – Spank with a rod (verses your hand).

E – Express love & pray!

:shock: I just really felt compelled to share this one, but I have no words right now for a retort, but thought you guys would definitely have some words for this!

Oh, all I really have to say at this point is, could this explain smuggar and his smugly ways?

Interesting. I do the exact opposite of pretty much everything this guy preaches and I've got a great marriage and the sweetest little boy. I guess he's mistaken.

Isn't there a disney movie about a witch wanting the first born because of the mother's cravings? (my brain is fuzzy thanks to migraine meds.) Anyway, I think dude has been watching too much Disney.

S. M. Davis sent his own daughter to Hephzibah House.

Need I say more?

My blood ran cold when I read that. The thought of a child being sent to that hell on earth just breaks my heart.

Need I say more?

Thank you for informing me of that. I've never heard of the guy, and now I don't need to research him at all. "Satan wants your child", indeed. Why not feed them to the beast directly, mm?

Isn't there a disney movie about a witch wanting the first born because of the mother's cravings? (my brain is fuzzy thanks to migraine meds.) Anyway, I think dude has been watching too much Disney.

Rapunzel was taken by the witch because her dad stole veggies out of the witches garden for her mom

Rapunzel was taken by the witch because her dad stole veggies out of the witches garden for her mom

Yeah... is that rapunzel or sleeping beauty? Isn't sleeping beauty something about the mom wanted a specific fruit and the dad had to get it from the witches garden.. sot hey put a hex or stole the first one or something? I dunno, need to get out my disnet collection!

Either way, this is one area where fundies are fucked up massively. These are your children, not a dust bunny under the chair.

Satan wants my firstborn? After the strop my firstborn was in this morning, he'd be welcome to him though I suspect he would soon send him back :D

Yeah... is that rapunzel or sleeping beauty? Isn't sleeping beauty something about the mom wanted a specific fruit and the dad had to get it from the witches garden.. sot hey put a hex or stole the first one or something? I dunno, need to get out my disnet collection!

Either way, this is one area where fundies are fucked up massively. These are your children, not a dust bunny under the chair.

Sleeping Beauty = king & queen slighted the evil fairy, so she cursed the baby princess.

Need I say more?

While I have heard horror stories of other homes for "troubled children" I had not heard of this one. I found the survivors site and my 19 year old daughter had to stop reading with me after the 3rd girl's testimony. She was in shock.

That the Duggar parents follow a supporter of this school (house of torture) gives me one more reason to find them repulsive.

It's traditional Rapunzel. Rapunzel was named after the stolen lettuce. (As always, there are many variations on the story, some having another type of food.)

In the Disney version, the witch wanted the plant's magical healing all to herself, and when it was uprooted and killed she stole the daughter for her magical healing hair. Witch sorta has a point - the plant didn't have to die to be used.

My first born sold her soul for a double pumpkin latte a few years back, at least Robert Johnson played bitchin' guitar.

Surely, the devil is only interested in yoaur first burn if it's a boy. I think my girl is safe then. As for the boy.... He reminds everyone if "Ransom of the Red Chief". I think he'll be safe too. ;)

More seriously, what will it take to finally dent the Duggars' popularity? Here is proof they have irrational and harmful beliefs. But they still enjoy "such a nice family" status.

I thought that God wanted peoples' 1st borns? Oh wait; that was only the Egyptians; even though supposedly all humans are descended from Adam and Eve. Can't these Paulists make up there mind?

Satan's wants the first borns more? Well that explains why I was the most difficult child with the strong independent spirit that Godly females aren't supposed to have. I was born to be a heathen child. :twisted:

When satan came for Josh, I think Josh ate him.

:D OMG you totally made me LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I sure as hell do not want to spend an eternity with the people who actually believe in this crap. Satan can have me if it means I get to spend my time with the thinkers and shakers (you know, the heathens) of the world.

Satan can have my first born today, she is being a little demon.

Archived