IGNORED

New photos and where is Melanie?

Koala

Well hopefully with Chris photographing the ceremony he won't have time to take the mike and do the death and dying without belief spiel. Honestly had someone (even my groom) gotten up and done something like that at my wedding (where I was the STAR gosh darn it) I'd have tripped him. I hope Joe's got enough brains in his dead to let his wife enjoy her day.

are you listening steve? death and dying speeches at a wedding are in supremely bad taste

Deborah, IIRC, isn't in the protestant Bible.

She is in the KJV, they just claim she actually was at home when she was working and wasn't leading men. Even though the story clearly shows otherwise.

Agree it's odd no photos of either mom have been posted since just after the babies birth.

...what's that you said, Steve? You don't read here and yet the next blog post will contain lots of pictures of both new bright-and-smiling-everything's-coming-up-roses-moms?...

Maybe they took photos of Melanie and Anna, but they didn't want pics of their still-recovering-from-childbirth bodies posted on the blog for the whole world to see?

There's a Dinah in the Bible. Not my fav, but not bad considering some of the other choices are Dorcas and Damaris (I actually like the name Damaris, but, man would she get teased!). I would suggest Deborah, but she was a judge - presumably one who was married with children.

Maybe #4 will be a boy and they can name him David or Daniel. #5 is easy-- there are a lot of good E-names in the Bible for both genders. But if they make it to F, they are in trouble. For a girl, they could go with a virtue name like Faith or Felicity. But if it's a boy? They'll have to name him Frankincense and call him Frank like the character in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.

Well, there's no Christina in the Bible, so I don't think the name has to be strictly Biblical. Or if it does, I can see them feminizing a male name (i.e., Danielle) if it was a girl.

Go to the grocery store, go to the magazine rack and pick up a Sew Beautiful magazine and carefully observe how they photograph the children and the props they use.

Big Sigh.

Confession time: Other than the sewing parts and patterns, the other reason I love Sew Beautiful is for the pictures... :D But yes, great example of truly professional children's photography.

Regarding the kid's names, not even the original Maxwell kids all had Biblical names (Christopher isn't in the Bible even though it's clear that the name is Christ-derived) so I think they just want names that sound pure and holy if not necessarily a name in the Bible. For example, if they had picked another name for Abigail, Angel would be fitting for either a girl or a boy.

Maybe they took photos of Melanie and Anna, but they didn't want pics of their still-recovering-from-childbirth bodies posted on the blog for the whole world to see?

Oh no--Steve will have to nip such vanity in the bud!! Their bodies were created to carry baby after baby!!

Confession time: Other than the sewing parts and patterns, the other reason I love Sew Beautiful is for the pictures... :D But yes, great example of truly professional children's photography.

Regarding the kid's names, not even the original Maxwell kids all had Biblical names (Christopher isn't in the Bible even though it's clear that the name is Christ-derived) so I think they just want names that sound pure and holy if not necessarily a name in the Bible. For example, if they had picked another name for Abigail, Angel would be fitting for either a girl or a boy.

I think Angel is not manly enough for Stevie!

The headband is because she is so girly, of course! She reached for it and they knew then and there that she is all girl.

Because of course those newborns aren't your average newborns. They have and display gender specific traits and have since birth. Their boyishness and girlyness have absolutely nothing to do with the clothes the adults put them in or the giant flowered headband put on the baby girl.

Not quality photography in the real world, but in Maxwell land, it will suffice. It's typical of them and nothing more is really expected.

The kids, however, are cute. Too bad their largest accomplishment in life - being born alive - has already been reached. Talk about peaking young.

Maybe #4 will be a boy and they can name him David or Daniel. #5 is easy-- there are a lot of good E-names in the Bible for both genders. But if they make it to F, they are in trouble. For a girl, they could go with a virtue name like Faith or Felicity. But if it's a boy? They'll have to name him Frankincense and call him Frank like the character in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.

They could use Diana for a girl and Felix for a boy

They could use Diana for a girl and Felix for a boy

Diana is a name in the Bible, but as the name of a Roman goddess. The Maxwells would be more likely to go with Deborah-- she may have been uppity, but at least she was batting for the right team.

You have Drucilla,A Jewess who listened to Paul preach with her husband Felix, but that is not a name any Maxwell would ever even think of using.

I agree with others those pics are bad. I think Christina and Joshua are both cute babies, but those pics could have been better.

Been busy taking all these photos and feeling complete gratitude for the vasectomy and freedom and world of possibilities its bringing to our lives with our perfect family of 4 and 4 :) Lucky.Blessed.Happy.Free.Healthy.Growing.Nurturing........most of all BUSY :)

:naughty:

Archived