IGNORED

New photos and where is Melanie?

Koala

New Maxwell post up. Lots of pics of the new babies, and some of Melanie and Nathan's girls. At the end there are a couple of Nathan and all 3 girls, 1 of Sarah and all 3 girls, but none of Melanie. It's like she doesn't exist. Weird.

Since Sarah said Chris took most of the pictures, I suspect this was when he was playing "Mr. Mom" and giving Melanie time to recoop. Perhaps this is how they entertained themselves during the day. Who knows.

****edit to say it was Nathan playing Mr. Mom and not Chris. Though I guess since Chris was taking the pictures, maybe the two dads were just hanging out with the kids. Again, who knows. ****

***Edit again to say I'm totally blind and don't even see Nathan in the pics. I'm going to bed...ignore my blathering tonight. :P

I'm pretty sure that's Chris in the pictures, not Nathan.

I'm relatively certain that neither Nathan or Melanie are in any of those pictures. Maybe Sarah was watching them for the day and brought them to play with their cousin and uncle? Or something?

And where's NRAnna, for that matter?

So these are the two babies about whom we are told that one is "so boyish" and the other is "so girly?" All I see are two sweet innocent babies who, poignantly, know nothing yet about gender expectations or about the mental slavery that their lives will likely be. If the babies were dressed alike NO ONE would be able to tell which one was the boy and which the girl.

I'm pretty sure that's Chris in the pictures, not Nathan.

That's definitely Christopher.

The second picture of the three sisters together is really cute!

The pictures are cute! Nathan and Melanie have such lovely girls. I think it's nice to see the Maxwells goofing off.

So these are the two babies about whom we are told that one is "so boyish" and the other is "so girly?" All I see are two sweet innocent babies who, poignantly, know nothing yet about gender expectations or about the mental slavery that their lives will likely be. If the babies were dressed alike NO ONE would be able to tell which one was the boy and which the girl.

The babies' outfits are gender specific, but the babies themselves just look like newborns. It's too early even to tell which family members they resemble.

Joshuas face looking at his cousin is great.

It's sad that that is as close as he'll be allowed to get to a girl for the next 25 odd years. :(

Agree it's odd no photos of either mom have been posted since just after the babies birth.

...what's that you said, Steve? You don't read here and yet the next blog post will contain lots of pictures of both new bright-and-smiling-everything's-coming-up-roses-moms?...

Some of the photos are dumb and I do wonder where the mommies are, but the kids are all cute. And I think Joshua looks a lot like NR-Anna and very much like a boy. Nathan and Melanie make the cutest girls. Too bad they are being raised Maxwellian.

Oh, I hope Christopher didn't get his knees wet or grass-stained while kneeling on the grass. That will be a troublesome laundry stain, for sure.

The little lasses (and Joshua) are as precious as ever, but WTF is up with Christina's headband? I realized they're supposed to be fabric roses, and it looks decent in the last photo montage they did of her, but from a head-on angle it looks like a mangled mess. No, Chrissy, I don't blame the look you're giving them at all.

Glad to see them having a little fun though and some real smiles on Abby for once lately, even if they're not in their former scrunched-up glory. And look at her in that last picture. She's getting to be as tall as a sunflower!

YOU MUST HAVE FLOOFY HEADBANDS TO SHOW YOU ARE GIRLS. OTHERWISE YOU MIGHT GROW UP TO THINK YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO USE POWER TOOLS AND HAVE YOUR OWN BANK ACCOUNT.

Ugh.

I always hope when Maxwells are absent from photographs it's because they've taken a stand on not being dragged into the photographic dog-and-pony show, even if that's only a temporary victory.

Agree it's odd no photos of either mom have been posted since just after the babies birth.

...what's that you said, Steve? You don't read here and yet the next blog post will contain lots of pictures of both new bright-and-smiling-everything's-coming-up-roses-moms?...

I know several new moms who don't like to have pics taken after a baby. Now of course that would be assuming that Maxwell's imported women have a say in the matter... which they might not.

But only Maxwell genes show well on camera right? (which asks the question of Melanie's latest... want to confess something, eh?)

Ummm, yeah, Christopher is NOT an amazing photographer and of course he will be doing Joseph's wedding. He has only had 1 wedding shoot this year, its not like he has anyone else banging down his door. i wonder if Joe will pay him.

I agree with cropping the pics. The blanket thrown over the couch with the couch showing is not professional at all.

Christopher, you have "noise" in your photos - odd colours, mismatching styles, background distraction, hideous and incongruent props, plus you need to position subject matter on angles and follow the rule of thirds.

Get thyself to a library and borrow a book on photography to learn what to do and what not to do.

Go to the grocery store, go to the magazine rack and pick up a Sew Beautiful magazine and carefully observe how they photograph the children and the props they use.

Big Sigh.

So these are the two babies about whom we are told that one is "so boyish" and the other is "so girly?" All I see are two sweet innocent babies

Exactly how are babies "girly" or "boyish" except with their clothes off?? Who'd know which was which if dressed in gender-neutral clothing?? Honestly, this family is the limit.

On a slightly different topic. I certainly hope the A-B-C names were a bad coincidence and that baby #4 won't be "D"......

On a slightly different topic. I certainly hope the A-B-C names were a bad coincidence and that baby #4 won't be "D"......

There's a Dinah in the Bible. Not my fav, but not bad considering some of the other choices are Dorcas and Damaris (I actually like the name Damaris, but, man would she get teased!). I would suggest Deborah, but she was a judge - presumably one who was married with children.

Archived