IGNORED

Melinda Gates Editorial, Womens right to reproductive choice

Swamptribe

If men could get pregnant we would not being having this discussion. Here is my stand on this issue no one is holding a gun to their head to take them, it is a personal choice. NO ONE ELSE.

I really want to buy an ad that says "JUST QUIT IT" My choice not your's

Some of the quotes really anger me. What the hell has happened to some of my country people that showing basic compassion toward women gets them so angry?

Arrest any woman who has murdered a baby and arrest anyone who knew she was going to do it, who promoted it and who supported her. Charge them all with murder. End of discussion.

and

only it was true ...........if the gates foundation spent a fraction of its funds in the USA it would make a difference in the record numbers of US children living in poverty . The gates foundation just want's to shrink population growth so Bill and Melinda's great grand kids will not have to look out their windows and see the billions of unwashed masses claiming the planets resources

and

Let me some up her compassion for you. She seems to be compassionate about those who supposedly can't afford another child. Yet she has billions and as far as I know the Gates's have maybe one or two kids. They could afford more but they do not apparently believe in God's gaurantee of the blessing of children in Psalm 127. I have 8 and the 8th is as much of a blessing as the first. Now it could be that they couldn't have more than a kid or two for reasons other than contraception. If that is the case then I withdraw my criticism. But considering her attitude on the subject I doubt it needs to be withdrawn.

Oh I know, fewer kids supposedly means saving the planet. It also means that a genius or two who might have provided solutions to the worlds problems was not born

Yeah, there is the off chance that a woman's nonconceived child would have been the genius who solves wars and world hunger, however there is also the slight chance that the child would have enslaved mankind.

Even as most of the world is adopting some form of birth control to control their populations, the Muslim population (incl. the Muslims in the west) is exploding the world over. In countries like UK and most of Europe, the Muslim population is growing at 10 TIMES (Yes, 10 TIMES!) the avg. of all other groups put together, with the local White population ACTUALLY DECREASING!

No wonder Mohammed is the MOST COMMON first name of all new borns in the UK!

In an effort at greater Islamization of the western world, people like CNN's own Mr. Fareed Zakaria are prescribing greater Muslim immigration into the west to fill the DEMOGRAPHIC DECLINE, under the GARB of staying economically competitive! Plz. Read Mr. Zakaria’s article “immigration Lessons for the US from around the world†June 10th 2012.

Add to this Mr. Zakaria’s blatant support for the Muslim Brotherhood and other Islamic radicals, and his INFAMOUS statement “The Danger is from us (the US) and NOT them (Al-Qaeda)†Ref: “Reflections on 9/11 and its Aftermath†CNN-GPS Sept 9th, 2011, one can only imagine what we are getting into given that he’s being reportedly considered for the position of US Sec. of State in a 2nd Obama presidency!

The sooner America wakes upto this danger the better..........given that Europe is already lost

Some of the quotes really anger me. What the hell has happened to some of my country people that showing basic compassion toward women gets them so angry?

and

and

Yeah, there is the off chance that a woman's nonconceived child would have been the genius who solves wars and world hunger, however there is also the slight chance that the child would have enslaved mankind.

Has this person every heard of personal choice? We had three children because that was all we wanted.

Countressrascal, I quoted from three different people. I didn't include their user names but the one in the middle was called, catholicIam. My guess is that he is a hard core Catholic who believes that the only people with free choice are those who think as he does.

Here is another quote, it is similar to a few others

Publicdole

Nothing wrong with sex except YOU pay for consequences of your behavior. Stay out of my wallet.

I don't get this radical hatred against women's ability to make their own reproductive of the comments. What drives it? When I was younger, it was considered responsible to use some sort of protection like birth control or condoms. What has driven our country to such an extreme view on women's sexuality?

You can sign up to The Pledge here http://no-controversy.com/

Wont cost a penny, but you will add your support to the campaign for contraception.

The Gates Foundation does so much for children in the US. When we lived in CA, my son went to a school that had a full computer lab given to them by the Gates Foundation. Computers, printers, all the programs they needed to get good use out of them, educational games. All donated by Bill and Melinda Gates. My understanding is that there are many schools in the US who have been the recipient of such generous gifts. I believe the awesome smartboards at my stepfather's low income, NA reservation school were also Gates Foundation gifts.

Countressrascal, I quoted from three different people. I didn't include their user names but the one in the middle was called, catholicIam. My guess is that he is a hard core Catholic who believes that the only people with free choice are those who think as he does.

I don't get this radical hatred against women's ability to make their own reproductive of the comments. What drives it? When I was younger, it was considered responsible to use some sort of protection like birth control or condoms. What has driven our country to such an extreme view on women's sexuality?

Deb, my own theory is that if women can truly self-determine, then we are truly free and equal. There are many, many people in this world, both male and female, who are extraordinarily threatened by that prospect. If it ever truly happened, it would upset the critical imbalance that they've relied on for millenia and everything would change, and not for the better in their view. These are people who believe that only a certain amount of power exists and the more people who demand power, the more their own power is diminished. This is not how personal empowerment works, but then again, we're talking super-ignorance here.

In some quarters, there seems to be an intense dislike of public funds going to any sort of BC other than women keeping their legs shut. There's also the crowd that thinks it's oh so unsuitable to require insurance companies to cover BC and charge women ridiculous prices.

Google womb envy. Fundies probably think that once women realize that they can control their bodies; that they will want to abort baby boys and only reproduce girls. That way women will be in power and be able to de"masculate" the man. So they have to put women in their place so that they can stay in power. Seriously; this is probably what they deeply think.

Archived