IGNORED

40K Moms Boycott Kraft Over the "Gay Oreo"

slickcat79

Mmmm more Oreos for me! Thanks 40k Moms!

As long as we are posting Oreo deserts, I'll add one to the mix. No idea where this came from. My Mom has been making it for years. Just had some this past 4th.

Oreo Ice Cream Dessert

Crust: Mix 1 pkg oreos (crushed) with 1/3 c melted butter and press into cake pan. Put in freezer.

Once froze spread 1/2 gallon of Oreo ice cream (or butter pecan) over crust. Put back in freezer.

Topping: Bring to boil 1 sq bitter chocolate, 2/3 c sweetened condensed milk, pinch salt, 1/4 butter and 2/3 cup of sugar. Boil for 3 min. Cool a bit and drizzle over ice cream. Put back in freeze till ready to serve.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to the 40K Moms and others who are bigots, I bought some more Oreos last week.

That's basically why I stopped shopping at JCP. They cut down on variety of clothes and the sizes that they carry those clothes in. I used to buy dresses from JCP, but I'm not going to wear the wrong size just to shop there, regardless of how much I love Ellen.

Same here, although they do have Sephora, there are still places that are closer to me that sell Bare Minerals makeup, so unless I happen to be at the mall with the JCP, I tend to go to the beauty supply store that's less than a mile from me.

JCP sales have only dropped because of their lack of selection and the fact that they have no more deals. Customers like sale prices, generally. Deluded homophobes.

I totally want that cookie. Making it into an ice cream cake is spot on.

Hopefully the mega demand for it will make it so. :drool:

Let's boycott until they DO make it. I must have one.

Mmmm more Oreos for me! Thanks 40k Moms!

As long as we are posting Oreo deserts, I'll add one to the mix. No idea where this came from. My Mom has been making it for years. Just had some this past 4th.

Oreo Ice Cream Dessert

Crust: Mix 1 pkg oreos (crushed) with 1/3 c melted butter and press into cake pan. Put in freezer.

Once froze spread 1/2 gallon of Oreo ice cream (or butter pecan) over crust. Put back in freezer.

Topping: Bring to boil 1 sq bitter chocolate, 2/3 c sweetened condensed milk, pinch salt, 1/4 butter and 2/3 cup of sugar. Boil for 3 min. Cool a bit and drizzle over ice cream. Put back in freeze till ready to serve.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Goodnesssssssssssssssssss

This just went right into my recipe file.

I just bought my kids some mini Oreos today (because you have to have that one item that makes the hatehz raise their eyebrows when you pull out the SNAP card) and there were no rainbow ones available. I don't know if we could boycott, because Oreos are the item my kids unanimously want when I tell them, "You have been so good for this shopping trip that you can choose a treat to share." Yes, I bribe like the bad mom I am! But if there were rainbow Oreos, my children would choose those in a heartbeat.

JCP screwed themselves with their stupid "lower prices" and that is why noone is shopping there. I used to buy a ton of things on clearance there and now they got rid of the clearance and added a huge Sephora area and way less clothes in general. I just bought my DH a light jacket there and they only had 1 left. Seriously, not any selection at all anymore.

As for the Gay Oreos, I would buy and eat those and I don't eat wheat or sugar.

I am so mad at J.C. Penny's. It sucks now. I don't know if there is less clothing, but it seems that they're trying to tap into trendy except it comes across as cheap and of much lower quality than in the past.

PRIDE OREOS ===== AWESOMEE!!!!

I would totally buy the rainbow Oreo! The filling-to-cookie ratio is outstanding, and I love the filling! Trouble is, there'd probably be only a few in a package :(

I would totally buy the rainbow Oreo! The filling-to-cookie ratio is outstanding, and I love the filling! Trouble is, there'd probably be only a few in a package :(

I picture rainbow Oreos as being one colour per cookie. Either that or the filling being rainbow-striped.

I would totally buy a rainbow Oreo. I hope with all the positive attention this is getting, along with the negative because all press is good, Oreo can make some sort of Pride Oreo a reality. Gay Oreos would be a perfect refreshment for our secret Gay agenda meetings ;)

I don't mind Oreos but they're not my favourite so I don't get them awesome, but this week I bought some Oreos as opposed to my regular go-to cookies especially for this.

Maybe they'll switch to Newman's O :lol:

Paul New was a liberal Jew who donated the proceeds of his business to charitable causes. Me think they wouldn't touch a Newman O with a ten foot pole. The Newman Ginger-O's are fantastic. I can't walk near the cookie aisle at Whole Foods because those darned cookies draw me in.

I would buy that.

These ladies are going to have to boycott pretty much everything eventually. The writing is on the wall...more and more people support gay rights. These large companies aren't stupid and they are shifting with the wind as well. Oreo isn't going to care about 40K Moms when they have 40 million supporters for gay rights buying their products.

Paul New was a liberal Jew who donated the proceeds of his business to charitable causes. Me think they wouldn't touch a Newman O with a ten foot pole. The Newman Ginger-O's are fantastic. I can't walk near the cookie aisle at Whole Foods because those darned cookies draw me in.

I agree with this, I doubt fundies would ever buy Newman's products. I've bought the Newman's Own salad dressings and tea products for several years, but I've never the Ginger-O's. I think I will at some point.

I would buy that.

These ladies are going to have to boycott pretty much everything eventually. The writing is on the wall...more and more people support gay rights. These large companies aren't stupid and they are shifting with the wind as well. Oreo isn't going to care about 40K Moms when they have 40 million supporters for gay rights buying their products.

I agree that is eventually going to happen. I predict that five years from now, more companies will be supportive of gay rights. I think the usual companies like Chick-FIL-A, Lowe's etc will still have an anti-gay stance. Many companies right now are ok with having their commercials being aired during LGBT related TV shows and there will be an increase over the next few years. I can picture the 40 k pearl cluthchers trying to boycott various companies who either support gay rights or ok with advertising during LGBT shows. The 40 K Moms will eventually get smacked down the same way Terry Rakolta got smacked down when she tried to get Married with Children off the air in the late 80's.

I agree with this, I doubt fundies would ever buy Newman's products. I've bought the Newman's Own salad dressings and tea products for several years, but I've never the Ginger-O's. I think I will at some point.

The Newman O mint cookies are amazing. It is a good thing my husband does the grocery shopping.

In all seriousness, do any retailers actually take the 40k moms as a real threat? They're so silly and I can't believe they can't see that.

In all seriousness, do any retailers actually take the 40k moms as a real threat? They're so silly and I can't believe they can't see that.

I think it depends. In certain areas of the country, perhaps they do. I'm thinking of the Bible Belt or something. Around here, they're laughed at for the most part, if people if know who they are.

I think it depends. In certain areas of the country, perhaps they do. I'm thinking of the Bible Belt or something. Around here, they're laughed at for the most part, if people if know who they are.

I agree, it is only in the Bible Belt where they are take seriously or seen as a threat. I recall an FJ member said that she could find Ben&Jerry's ice cream in her state around the time the 40 k moms were boycotting the Scwhedy Balls ice cream.

Absolutely true where you are in the country when it comes to how retailers market. Bible Belt (excluding certain states/markets such as Florida, Atlanta, Dallas, Houston etc) and Utah generally are where you see retailers more willing to cave into the mores. After all, in those area it is a massive part of your customer base, and money is to be made folks!

For example, Abercrombie & Fitch would sometimes face local restrictions with what they could advertise in the windows of the store. Most Taubman malls (Taubman is a mall landlord owned by devout Mormons) there are modesty restrictions in the leases that retailers must abide to. Those are a couple well known examples.

I agree, it is only in the Bible Belt where they are take seriously or seen as a threat. I recall an FJ member said that she could find Ben&Jerry's ice cream in her state around the time the 40 k moms were boycotting the Scwhedy Balls ice cream.

That was me, and I'm in liberal Godless freaking CONNECTICUT. The nationwide Stop & Shop supermarket chain caved into the 40K Moms, so Schweddy Balls were wrested from my left-leaning Nutmegger pinko UU mitts. It's July, and I'm still bitter.

That was me, and I'm in liberal Godless freaking CONNECTICUT. The nationwide Stop & Shop supermarket chain caved into the 40K Moms, so Schweddy Balls were wrested from my left-leaning Nutmegger pinko UU mitts. It's July, and I'm still bitter.

That sucks. Did any other retail chains carry the Schweddy Balls ice cream in your state?

I think once in awhile the 40 K moms will make retailers in liberal states cave in. As I've said in previous posts, the 40 K moms will have hard time trying to get retailers, advertisers to cave into their ridiculous boycotts and demands. I bet some of those 40 k moms have never purchased Ben&Jerry's. Fundies aren't Ben&Jerry's target consumer base.

Archived