IGNORED

40K Moms Boycott Kraft Over the "Gay Oreo"

slickcat79

I'm not sure how I missed this, but a couple of weeks ago the Oreo FB page posted this image in support of Pride:

oreomain.jpg

Of course, people some homophobes were outraged. One Million Moms is encouraging people to eat other brands instead and, as expected, are taking credit for the decline of JCPenney.

http://www.onemillionmoms.com/issues/or ... gay-pride/

Of course, not everyone agrees.

It’s getting old. Last January it was Girl Scout Cookies--thanks to that scandal I gained five pounds supporting sweet sugary transgender acceptance. These Christian conservatives are ruining my hourglass figure with their snack boycotts. They are grasping at straws and I’m gaining weight. Gay is not going anywhere, even if you switch to nasty old Hydrox cookies. So good luck with that.

:lol: I don't know about you guys, but even if I didn't support gay rights I would totes want Oreo to actually make that cookie. It looks like an explosion of delicious :drool:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent. More Oreos for me!

Edited because I really do know the difference between the possesive and the plural

Not the biggest fan of Oreos, but I need to buy that cookie. Y'know, if they did make it.

Hopefully the mega demand for it will make it so. :drool:

40k moms are predictable. They're so openly hateful, they probably end up being good for accepting companies' business.

They're taking credit for a recent drop in JCPenney sales. It could be that Penney's recent ad campaign flopped not because of Ellen, but because the ads seemed to feature her personality more than their products. (I like Ellen and the ads, but nothing in them screamed "Shop at Penney's!" to me.)

Oh, and 40K Moms' use of "the culture wars" to describe acknowledging that OMG GAY PEOPLE EXIST makes me stabby.

so how long will it take for them to come out against google now? they are a hate group disguised a bunch of mothers.

I'm not surprised by this and this is typical of the 40 k moms. If the gay Oreo was made I would definitely buy it in support of my lesbian and gay friends and relatives. The 40 K moms are idiots when they try to claim certain successes. I think JCP's sales will pick up at some point later in the year. The 40 K moms will never have any long term victories. Their claimed victory over GCB being canned by ABC was stupid. The show didn't have the ratings ABC wanted and the show had mixed reviews. I predict that sometime within the next few years, another show similar to GCB or The Book of Daniel will premiere and become a hit. The 40 K moms will probably again try to take down that show, but a lot of people won't give a shit about the 40 K moms' views.

Their claimed victory over Chuck E. Cheese pulling ads from Pretty Little Liars is stupid. ABC Family probably didn't have any difficulty finding another sponsor. PLL has a loyal fanbase and decent viewership and many companies wouldn't mind have their ads air during that show and they probably don't give a fuck about the lesbian characters. 40 K Moms doesn't realize that PLL will never be canceled prematurely because of their boycotts/protests. It is based on a book series and most of the fans of the show aren't conservative types.

so how long will it take for them to come out against google now? they are a hate group disguised a bunch of mothers.

A lot of people are responding to the oreo boycotters by pointing out stuff like that. They should really be giving up their iphones/ipads/ipods and droids. They shouldn't be able to shop at Target, or watch entire networks on TV. Pretty soon all that will be left will be sitting at home (probably in the dark) reading their bibles because they can't find companies that are bigoted enough to suit them :roll: Of course, this is assuming that they're willing to give up things they actually like for their religious views, which is highly unlikely.

I would totally buy that cookie!!!

Better yet, they should make it into an ice cream cake/cookie. :mrgreen:

Oreo ice cream cake cookie --------> :gay-rainbowflag:

JCP screwed themselves with their stupid "lower prices" and that is why noone is shopping there. I used to buy a ton of things on clearance there and now they got rid of the clearance and added a huge Sephora area and way less clothes in general. I just bought my DH a light jacket there and they only had 1 left. Seriously, not any selection at all anymore.

As for the Gay Oreos, I would buy and eat those and I don't eat wheat or sugar.

I love Oreos and it just makes me love them more!

The 'Million' Moms irritate me, as does anyone who thinks they can just boycott anything that doesn't exactly comform to their small minded world view!

I saw a neat write up basically saying if you're going to boycott everything that has any UnChristian or Pro-gay stance, you really shouldn't even be using a computer let alone every other venue or webpage in which you use on the Internet to proclaim your hatefilled BS!

So hypocritical it's just not even funny!!!

When you google their name, most of the top results are about their facebook failures and flounces. Clearly Google is persecuting them.

That "gay oreo" would be delicious if it weren't for the fact that purple and blue color dye tastes horrible.

JCP screwed themselves with their stupid "lower prices" and that is why noone is shopping there. I used to buy a ton of things on clearance there and now they got rid of the clearance and added a huge Sephora area and way less clothes in general. I just bought my DH a light jacket there and they only had 1 left. Seriously, not any selection at all anymore.

That's basically why I stopped shopping at JCP. They cut down on variety of clothes and the sizes that they carry those clothes in. I used to buy dresses from JCP, but I'm not going to wear the wrong size just to shop there, regardless of how much I love Ellen.

OH I keep meaning to try these!!!

Problem is in my house, the Oreos get bought and eaten before I get a chance to make the truffles! lol!!!

I understand. It happens here all the time. You have to buy two packages and hide one for baking. These are so easy to make and they are good. The truffles are also nice to put in pretty tins at Christmas time and give to people.

Archived