IGNORED

Because Dungeons and Dragons is Evil....

Alecto

I

I guess if you make it Christian, fantasy dragons are okay?

Dragons are just the biblical word for dinosaurs. That's how fundies tell you that dinosaurs and humans coexisted. They were the "dragons" in the Bible.

There's an old Chick-tract about D&D. I wonder if he really believes the bullshit he prints!

chick.com/reading/tracts/0046/0046_01.ASP

I play SWTOR. Doomed? Perhaps player who choose only light-side options and serve the Republic can be redeemed, but as I am playing Sith... hm....

I wasn't allowed to play D&D as a kid because of fundy. My husband wasn't able because his siblings all grew up & he was the only kid left, so ....no.

So 2 years ago, I gave him the books for Xmas. Among our friends, we found a couple where the husband had played & the wife was willing to give it a try. My first character was named Black Leaf in honor of Jack Chick's character. I kept waiting for her to die so I could say "NO not Black Leaf!" She never did die, but I found chances to say it anyway.

I will also say it felt very strange buying D&D books in public. I wanted to buy them in public (not onling) as part of my therapy, but it was still weird.

Why is their such a need among fundies to make a Christian version of every form of media.

I think they do it partially because of money and they sometimes hope that a Christian version will trump the non-Christian versions of different media things. I think Makaville game or whatever it was called failed mainly because it came out after the popularity of Farmville decreased.

My husband is a long-time wargamer who cut his teeth on D&D and now plays Warhammer. I just showed him the Chick Tract. He sat open-mouthed in front of the computer, just muttering an occasional 'what the fuck...?' :lol:

Why must they take everything and make it lame? It's like some sort of obsession or trying way to hard to be "hip.

KOTHRockandRoll.jpg

KOTHRockandRoll.jpg

Stupid question: Is that a real quote from the show; or just captioned? Either way; it made me laugh. * :lol: *

I'm honestly surprised that WotC hasn't sued over the Christian game yet. They're always eager to take down anything remotely resembling Magic or DnD, even obvious parodies.

And I was going to make a joke about the Dead Alewives skit, but someone has beaten me to it. It does capture the fundie-male-mindset of "If there are any girls there I want to DO them."

Defrauding at its finest.

Stupid question: Is that a real quote from the show; or just captioned? Either way; it made me laugh. * :lol: *

It's a real quote. :-) That was a great episode.

Despite being a gamer, I've never been a huge D&D fan. It's okay on occasion, but I can never, ever take it seriously. Partially because it's so mechanics heavy, and I prefer a more story oriented game, and partially because it's been parodied so much.

for something that will TOTALLY get stuck in your head, I recommend:

54VJWHL2K3I

Archived