IGNORED

Interesting couple from Maxwell's new wedding pics

YPestis

I just saw the new wedding pics from Christopher Maxwell's photography website and the new couple looks oddly out of place from all the other couples photographed. The man looks so much older than a typical "first time grooms". Upon closer inspection, the bride also looks older. I remember that Christopher Maxwell has a "first time" rule for weddings he photographs. He states it must be a first time wedding for both bride and groom. I figure they also make exceptions for widowers/widows....? Anyway, the wedding itself also looks more expensive than some of the other fundie weddings Christopher photographs. I think he even got some nice shots. Ok, the food doesn't look that appetizing but the church is pretty.

EDIT: Sorry I wasn't clear on this, I meant [link=http://www.christophermaxwell.com/weddings/alan-rachel/index.html]Alan and Rachel wedding[/link].

I don't mean to say that older weddings don't happen, but that I haven't seen it happen for fundies, especially the ones Christopher Maxwell photographs. Most fundies seem to try to marry as early as legally possible. Plus, in the midwest where so many fundies seem to live, it's common even among mainstream conservatives to marry in their early 20's. Just thought it was interesting to see a fundie man marry so late in life.

1. Google image "Chris Maxwell Photography", this guy (not our Christopher) does some amazing photos of dancers!

2. I love the bridesmaids dresses! I owned a similar dress as a teen, in almost the same color.

I just saw the new wedding pics from Christopher Maxwell's photography website and the new couple looks oddly out of place from all the other couples photographed. The man looks so much older than a typical "first time grooms". Upon closer inspection, the bride also looks older. I remember that Christopher Maxwell has a "first time" rule for weddings he photographs. He states it must be a first time wedding for both bride and groom. I figure they also make exceptions for widowers/widows....? Anyway, the wedding itself also looks more expensive than some of the other fundie weddings Christopher photographs. I think he even got some nice shots. Ok, the food doesn't look that appetizing but the church is pretty.

Are you talking about Rachel Wissman and Alan Busenitz? She's 30 and he's 39.

Are you talking about Rachel Wissman and Alan Busenitz? She's 30 and he's 39.

Well, I don't know who they are but the groom's age stuck out for me. The groom looked old enough to have a second wedding but I can't imagine Christopher Maxwell photographing for any couple that didn't fit his criteria. Anyway, it was also a prettier wedding than some of the other ones he photographed.

Sometimes people just get married at older ages. I married at age 38 to someone 10 years older, it's the first marriage for both of us.

Mind you, there are all kinds of OTHER reasons that Christopher Maxwell would never agree to take pics of our wedding! I maybe got married quickly in the park but we had wine afterwards :)

Ypestis, which couple? The first names are on each set of photos.

From "their love story" on the Wissmann's blog, it is clear that it is the first marriage for both of them. Alan states that he'd had a problem with him liking someone who didn't like him back, vice versa, or meeting someone where there was nothing at all...until Rachel (who was basically waiting for her Prince Charming like any good fundie SAHD).

FWIW, I was 31, hubby 34 going-on 35 when we were married - both for the first time. His sister was 35 when she got married to her 32 year old husband, both first marriages. I don't see anything wrong with it, but I'm an urban gal and we tend to get married much later than couples in the flyover states (save Chicago) and the South, where it appears that kids get married the day they graduate college, if not sooner. Shit, Amy Duggar @25, 26 later this year, is an old maid down there in Arkansas!

This is.........this is so hard. I'm going to have to say something nice about this fundy wedding, absolutely no snark. I.......I think the bridemaids' dresses are really pretty. As in I would happily wear it if any friend of mine asked me to be a bridesmaid in that dress. Gah!

It almost looks like a normal wedding! I married just 23 days shy of my 30th birthday, my husband was 34. We both had been to college, I to graduate school, and had careers. Personally, I like to see that Christopher photographed what seems to appear almost non-fundie. And you can bet they aren't virgins (could they be?). But what Christopher doesn't know won't hurt him.

They are definitely fundie. The wedding is being discussed in the "Rachel Wissman and Alan Busenitz: The "Love" Story" thread.

Groom: gay face, and that's not snark, just what I see. Does C's website specify "1man + 1 woman" marriages only or is that simply a given?

:o Look at the family pic in the middle of the page. I see female KNEES!!! :naughty: I am SO defrauded!!! How could Chris take such a picture..... and PUBLISH it! :hand:

Since Christopher requires modest clothing for the bride and bridesmaids, does he actually vet their outfits before taking a job?

And since he only requires modesty for the women in the wedding party, I guess he'd be ok if the guys were all in Magic Mike type thongs as long as the females were covered up, right? :roll:

Maybe Christopher has had to relax his rules a little now that he has a wife, a baby, and a house to keep up?

Look at the photo of the groom and ushers standing in the field, it looks like the poster for a Christian movie about Manly Men ready to defend the honor of their helpless womenfolk. :lol:

Look at the photo of the groom and ushers standing in the field, it looks like the poster for a Christian movie about Manly Men ready to defend the honor of their helpless womenfolk. :lol:

Wide stances, every last one of 'em.

So what's up with his rule that says no dancing except the bride and groom?

Why is it okay for the bride and groom to dance but nobody else?

One can only dance at their wedding and then that's it for the rest of their life?

After you're married no more dancing?

I don't get it?

WTF?

:roll:

Can the parents of the bride and groom dance? Can the bride's father dance with her? Sigh.

And the wide stances. I expect that photo might be used as stock photo on the next Bradrick! website update. Perfectly reasonable testimonial photo.

Groom: gay face, and that's not snark, just what I see. Does C's website specify "1man + 1 woman" marriages only or is that simply a given?

He is smiling exactly like Haggard in pic 0240 (the one after they are stepping down from the aisle).

Since when does a photograhper get to dictate someone else's wedding?? (ex-the dancing, modesty, etc.)

That was his first wedding shoot of the year,almost a year since his last one. How he paying the bills?

He lives in the heartland, maybe he's cooking meth? (Not really, but I couldn't resist.)

That was his first wedding shoot of the year,almost a year since his last one. How he paying the bills?

Well he does have his brother's wedding coming up :roll:

Since when does a photograhper get to dictate someone else's wedding?? (ex-the dancing, modesty, etc.)

Oh but he's not dictating your choices - DON'T WORRY!!!11! if you don't meet the criteria, there are PLENTY of other photographers out there. Almost a direct quote from his website. Business 101 dude: advertising other businesses is not going to drive people to frequent yours!

Archived