IGNORED

Catholic Fundy on 50 Shades of Grey

BlueChair

I don't know how any marriage can be shaken by 50SOG. It's a terrible book with less than thrilling scenes. Fundies should love it since it's about a virgin who has never as much as kissed a guy before falling for a controlling asshole. Take out the premarital sex and marry them off first and it's a fundie wet dream.

I want to know how it ties into Twilight though. I thought Twilight was written by a Mormon and that there is an awful of of sexual morality undercurrent. Was the vampire into BDSM?

Edited for riffles

Twilight was indeed written by a Mormon. The Twilight fanbase and other fanbases will often shake up things when it comes to fanfiction. I have read other BDSM or erotica fan fics for TV shows over the years. I think E.L. James probably wanted to change things up a bit and do an alternative universe storyline fanfic. From what I've read the fanfic became popular on the Internet and eventually she took it down and changed the names of the characters.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, yeah, James used the Twilight fan base to propel her fame. I'm not sure even why so many fanfiction people liked the book. From what I've read of her, it sounds like she's a fairly good manipulator herself, which might partly explain why she adores her main character so much.

What's really annoying is that she left so much in there that was so obviously Twilight related, and if you look at her original work from the fanfiction site (that some people still have though she took it down) you can tell that all she did in many places was change the names from Edward and Bella to Christian and Ana.

Beyond that, though, they are just laughably bad in parts, and scary in others.

Archived