IGNORED

Papa John's no longer official cardboard, excuse me, I meant pizza of the NFL.

47of74

Papa Doucheball's is no longer the official pizza of the NFL now. 

Papa John's is no longer the official pizza of the NFL.

CEO Steve Ritchie said on the company's earnings conference call that the league and the company mutually decided it was in their best interests for Papa John's, which became the official pizza of the league in 2010, to give up the designation.

The brand is the first NFL sponsor to leave in the midst of its deal. The company said on the call that there was no additional cost for undoing the deal.

"The NFL and Papa John's have made a mutual decision to shift from their official league sponsorship to a focus on partnerships with 22 local NFL teams, presence in broadcast and digital media, and key personalities in the sport," the league and company said in a joint statement.

My stomach is churning just thinking of that pizza.  (And it did before surgery too). 

Who is being punished here? Is the NFL cutting ties with Papa John’s because the pizza sucks and the founder is an asshole, or is Papa John’s cutting ties because the NFL is corrupt, lied about concussions, among other issues?

1 hour ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Who is being punished here? Is the NFL cutting ties with Papa John’s because the pizza sucks and the founder is an asshole, or is Papa John’s cutting ties because the NFL is corrupt, lied about concussions, among other issues?

Little of column A, little of column B. 

I doubt Papa Douche Cannon (™/®/etc) or his company would cut ties with the NFL just because they're a bunch of corrupt liars. No he wanted to cut ties because the players wouldn't shut up and play and be good little toadys for him and the NFL owners. 

I guess Pizza Hut (not much better) is now the NFL's official pizza.

I did have to laugh.  Right after Papa John's claimed their profits fell because players were kneeling, Pizza Hut tweeted their profits were just fine, thank you.

Well played, Pizza Hut.

2 minutes ago, kpmom said:

I guess Pizza Hut (not much better) is now the NFL's official pizza.

I did have to laugh.  Right after Papa John's claimed their profits fell because players were kneeling, Pizza Hut tweeted their profits were just fine, thank you.

Well played, Pizza Hut.

That is pretty good but I agree, PH isn't much better. We rarely get pizza from the big chains. We have a few smaller ones by us that have very good pizza. I would much rather spend my money with them. The only big chain who's pizza is not too bad is Little Caesars. 

Our local Pizza Hut was recently torn down(and apparently, the next-closest one is closed). And no Papa John's in my area anyway. 

We also have several locally-owned options, as my town has a significant Italian population. 

The area where my three brothers live is the same.There isn't a Dominos,not sure about Pizza Hut or Papa JOhns,but plenty of locally-owned options due to the large Italian population in that area.

Archived