IGNORED

Edward Snowden´s "guardians" in danger

St.Clara

There is a group of people who sheltered Edward Snowden when in 2013 he was hiding in Hongkong. At the time, Snowden´s lawyer Tibbo had the very smart idea to ask the very people who themselves were in need of help for their support: refugees from Sri Lanka and the Philippines. For more see here. As we know, the plan worked and for quite some time, nobody got to know who had helped Snowden escape. But now their names have become public and somebody, it is not quite clear who, wants to get rid of them. Snowden has posted a video on youtube where he asks for help for the people who once helped him, see here.

I hope it is o.k. to post this here, I just thought some of you might be interested, particularly so because Snowden asks the Canadian government to interfere and because I know there are many Canadians here around.

Thank you very much for your time and attention!

Sorry, I don't know enough about the situation to form an opinion.  I'm not prepared to delve into it because I'm kind of obsessed with the whole White House situation.  The mere mention of Edward Snowden's name leaves a bad taste in my mouth, but he's currently the honored guest of Putin, so maybe Putin can help?

Those who helped him may  have been- and probably were - politically very unsophisticated. They helped because he seemed as they were - a voice in the wilderness against political oppression.

That they may have been wrong,does not justify throwing them under the bus of powerful political interests.

Snowden used them, and now has a glimmer of conscience.

Without strong political intervention from overseas, these people are screwed.

Canada, can you help?

Snowden - screw you!

Archived