IGNORED

Trump 12: Nevertheless, She Persisted (Let's do the same!)

Destiny

Hilarious details of plans for terrorist attacks in Sweden:

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Uh the man is 70,  does not live a healthy lifestyle, and people are already talking impeachment one month into his first term. It seems like a pretty unsafe bet to donate money for a campaign for another presidency four years from now

Quit listening to the lies from the liberal media!

Our dear president has been selected by God to save us from the gays, the blahs, the scary brown people, the Muslims, liberals, atheists/agnostics, environmentalists, uppity women, science, facts, non-Trump approved media sources, logic, nutritious vegetables, recycling, math, California, clean air and water, and Meryl Streep.

Now, hurry up and eat the rest of your burnt Trump steak and your Trump wedge salad. After that, we'll read some more from the Ferengi Trump Rules of Acquisition, and brainstorm ways to get people to want to buy more Trump brand products and services just like the Good Lord intended.

17 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Quit listening to the lies of the lies from the liberal media!

Our dear president has been selected by God to save us from the gays, the blahs, the scary brown people, the Muslims, liberals, atheists/agnostics, environmentalists, uppity women, science, facts, non-Trump approved media sources, logic, nutritious vegetables, recycling, math, California, clean air and water, and Meryl Streep.

Now, hurry up and eat the rest of your burnt Trump steak and your Trump wedge salad. After that, we'll read some more from the Ferengi Trump Rules of Acquisition, and brainstorm ways to get people to want to buy more Trump brand products and services just like the Good Lord intended.

You forgot Rosie O'Donnell...

6 hours ago, Howl said:

I was thinking back to the how the 2008 economic meltdown destroyed the economic lives of so many people.  My fear is that Trump, a blundering idiot, may very well cause another economic meltdown and this article clearly shows the domino effect of not thinking things through.  Dismantling Dodd-Frank is just the beginning of the inevitable slide to disaster. 

The country as a whole is due for a downturn anyway, because our economy goes through cycles of expansion and retraction, but his bull in a china shop approach won't help improve things when the inevitable downturn comes our way. :pb_sad:

I actually kind of want Trump's impeachment to get delayed at least until the Dems can get control of congress. I do not want the Republicans to escape any accountability for this.

3 hours ago, fraurosena said:

I know this is not fake news because I too have been terrorized by putting together IKEA products with pages of picture-only instructions, including kitchen cabinets. 

5 hours ago, fraurosena said:

D'oh! Who'd have thought a nuclear reactor would be so complicated?!

itscomplicated.png

And I see rather than working fuckhead spent the weekend kissing up to his base..

http://www.kcrg.com/content/news/Revived-by-rally-Trump-turns-back-to-governing-414194623.html

Trump, who is spending the weekend at his private club in Florida, plans to spend Sunday interviewing at least four candidates to be his new national security adviser. The meetings come as he seeks to refocus his struggling administration after several tumultuous weeks.

Scheduled to discuss the job with the president at Mar-a-Lago were his acting adviser, retired Army Lt. Gen. Keith Kellogg; John Bolton, a former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations; Army Lt. Gen. H.R. McMaster; and the superintendent of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, Lt. Gen. Robert Caslen.

Speaking to reporters on Air Force One Saturday, Trump said he had "many, many that want the job." He also hinted he had a favorite.

Just in case anyone has trouble keeping up with all the Tangerine Toddler's alternative facts, here's a list of eighty (!) of them that he claimed as truth since the inauguration:

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017/02/03/daniel-dales-donald-trump-fact-check-updates.html?utm_campaign=crowdfire&utm_content=crowdfire&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter#1640929196-tw#1487484103589

The alternative facts are listed together with the corresponding true facts. 

Is anyone shocked that the total is eighty after only four weeks in office? That's an average of twenty alternative facts per week.

(To be fair, there are some repeated claims in there, but as he told them multiple times and at different occassions, they have been included in the list. That said, the list has only been updated until the 16th, so it does not include that disaster of a press conference last friday, or yesterday's campaign rally in Florida with the infamous #lastnightinSweden)

4 hours ago, fraurosena said:

You forgot Rosie O'Donnell...

He is the least racist person there ever was.  He ate a taco bowl.

3 hours ago, Howl said:

I know this is not fake news because I too have been terrorized by putting together IKEA products with pages of picture-only instructions, including kitchen cabinets. 

Oh God, me too!  But perfect way to send instructions, no one understands! I'm sure this is what Cheeto was referring to!  (I always get confused with the X on something and not on the other picture. Half of the time the both look the same.)

And this morning one of our local Branch Trumpvidians was whining away in the local rag newspaper 'bout how mean the courts were to the Orange Toxic Megacolon.

telegraphherald.com/news/opinion/article_99b3e21a-8490-5b69-bd34-cd16f68d5bbb.html

The state attorney is either too young or naive to realize what he has done.

According to the Washington Times, in the first week since the president’s travel ban was blocked three out of four of the 1,100 refugees let in have been from the seven countries covered in the ban. Nearly one-third are from Syria. That was a huge jump compared to the period before the executive order.

The Washington state attorney did not defeat President Trump, he defeated the American people and put all Americans, leftist and conservatives, in danger.

If the Americans want to read up on what it is the terrorists want, get a copy of the brochure, “The Truth About Islam,” “To Conquer America Through “Civilization Jihad,” and “The Muslim Brotherhood’s Plan.”

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that these brochures he mentions can be found in the same places one might find The Turner Diaries, The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, The Eternal Jew, and The John Birch Society Asks: What’s Wrong With Civil Rights.     

I'm half tempted to get the 47of74 neurons firing in sequence and responds to his letter that says that.  With them when one writes it's supposed to be 30 days if it's a different topic, 60 days for the same topic, and six letters a year, max.  Of course I don't know if they would publish since its only been 30 days since my last Agent Orange themed letter.  And I don't know that I want to bother using up one of  my five remaining letters this year responding to this horseshit.

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Just in case anyone has trouble keeping up with all the Tangerine Toddler's alternative facts, here's a list of eighty (!) of them that he claimed as truth since the inauguration:

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017/02/03/daniel-dales-donald-trump-fact-check-updates.html?utm_campaign=crowdfire&utm_content=crowdfire&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter#1640929196-tw#1487484103589

Is anyone shocked that the total is eighty after only four weeks in office? That's an average of twenty alternative facts per week.

(To be fair, there are some repeated claims in there, but as he told them multiple times and at different occassions, they have been included in the list. That said, the list has only been updated until the 16th, so it does not include that disaster of a press conference last friday, or yesterday's campaign rally in Florida with the infamous #lastnightinSweden)

Reading through this I get so filled with rage, weary and exhausted.  Mr. One Kid keeps telling me to just ignore the grandiose  lies and bluster. My reaction is what orange slime stain wants.  Attention. Good or bad, that is all agent orange wants.  My husband tells me to put my energies into calling and writing congress.  I know I know ..but I keep looking and listening like a moth to a flame.

I don't think this article has been shared. It is about the psychology of conservatives believing alternate facts, being taken in by conspiracy theories, and need their guns.

http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-conservative-believe-false-threats-20170202-story.html

Wired up to monitors that measure physiological changes, people who are more conservative respond to threatening stimuli with more pronounced changes than do their peers on the other end of the political spectrum: On average, their hearts race more, their breathing becomes more shallow and their palms get clammier.

Using a statistical measure that gauges how widely subjects were scattered across the political spectrum, the researchers reckoned that for each tick rightward, the average subject grew 2% less skeptical of statements when they warned of bad outcomes than when they promised good ones.

14 hours ago, fraurosena said:

And when you think it surely can't get any crazier, you read this:

https://twitter.com/DonBeababy/status/832607404332244992/photo/1

You couldn't make this shit up.

9 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

In reading the article in the Sun Sentinel.... Trump really does not care how much he inconveniences others. It's really all about himself and what he wants.

Also, didn't he swear he would take less vacations than Obama? And so far he's spent, what, 1 weekend out of 4 in the actual White House? Right, he's "working" down there....

I'm a little curious how he's going to "Make America Great Again" when people can't even conduct business in Palm Beach. I guess Palm Beach doesn't have to become great again. Or maybe it's already great?

One of the articles I posted a few days ago had some crap spewed by one of his spokespeople (not Kellyanne or Spicey, someone whose name I hadn't heard before) that, even when he's in Florida, he's "working all the time". Yeah, right.

5 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Quit listening to the lies from the liberal media!

Don't forget that he's going to stop all those babieeeezzzz from being "ripped" from their mothers' bodies days before they were supposed to be born. Of course, we all know that the ONLY baby he cares about is himself.

Chris Wallace from Faux News said that Agent Orange has crossed the line by calling the media the enemy. Best quote:

“You don’t get to tell us what to do any more than Barack Obama did,” Wallace said after continued arguments with Priebus. “Barack Obama whined about Fox News all the time, but I got to say, he never said that we were an enemy of the people.”

Though I don't remember Obama "whining", I agree with the sentiment.

6 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Now, hurry up and eat the rest of your burnt Trump steak and your Trump wedge salad. After that, we'll read some more from the Ferengi Trump Rules of Acquisition, 

Well now you just gone too far; I love me a good chilled wedge salad on a hot summer day! How dare you associate it with the Asshole in Chief. Besides, I seriously doubt Old "Make America Eat Fried Food Again" would ever eat a salad, no matter how retro it was.  

But he totally is a Ferengi!

2 minutes ago, PreciousPantsofDoom said:

Well now you just gone too far; I love me a good chilled wedge salad on a hot summer day! How dare you associate it with the Asshole in Chief. Besides, I seriously doubt Old "Make America Eat Fried Food Again" would ever eat a salad, no matter how retro it was.  

But he totally is a Ferengi!

NOOOOOOOOOO! The Ferengi aren't as bad as the orange toddler. Though I'm sure he'd like the gold-plated "waste extraction" facilities in the Grand Nagus' residence. Yes, I'm a huge Star Trek fan!

Great op-ed piece: "Trapped in Trump’s Brain"

WASHINGTON — Donald Trump is stuck in his own skull.

He’s unreachable.

“He lives inside his head, where he runs the same continuous loop of conflict with people he turns into enemies for the purposes of his psychodrama,” says Trump biographer Michael D’Antonio.

Because Trump holds Thor’s hammer, with its notably short handle, we must keep trying to figure out his strange, perverse, aggrieved style of reasoning. So we’re stuck in Trump’s head with him.

It’s a very cluttered place to be, a fine-tuned machine spewing a torrent of chaos, cruelty, confusion, farce and transfixing craziness. Of course, this is merely the observation of someone who is “the enemy of the American people,” according to our president.

So let’s visualize those phrenology skulls mapping distinct faculties in the brain, the ones that spur chastity, sympathy, philanthropy, philoprogenitiveness, mirthfulness, sincerity, grace, morality, generosity, kindness, benevolence.

Then think of the president’s skull, which is stuffed with other humours: insecurity, insincerity, victimhood, paranoia, mockery, self-delusion, suspicion, calculation, illogic, vindictiveness, risk, bullying, alimentiveness, approbativeness, vitativeness. Gall, divided into three parts.

It seems that at some point Trump decided that he didn’t really trust anyone else. While that was a reasonable strategy for a New York real estate developer who was always trying to rip off so-called partners, it’s obviously a limitation when you’re president.

Like all narcissists, he doesn’t like to be told if he’s screwing up, so he surrounds himself with people who don’t tell him.

This is so true.

And the more Trump decries America’s lack of innocence in the world relative to Russia and turns journalists into whipping boys and targets of hate, the more he sounds like a thuggy dictator himself.

“When Trump was a kid, he was obsessed with intimidating other boys,” D’Antonio says. “Prior to a ballgame he would ceremoniously eat an orange as if it was an apple, biting into the bitter rind and chewing up the whole thing. The whole idea was to psych out his opponents.”

As presidential historian Michael Beschloss reminded me, the previous gold standard for a president showing contempt for reporters at a news conference was Nixon during Watergate in 1973, when he said just after the Saturday Night Massacre: “Don’t get the impression that you arouse my anger. You see, one can only be angry with those he respects.”

Trump got into another megalomaniacal “Me the People” swivet Friday, tweeting the “FAKE NEWS media” was “the enemy of the American people!” So Trump is even using the rhetoric of Lenin? Putin is lovely and the press is the Evil Empire?

By suddenly calling his own scream-of-consciousness press conference, Trump was out to prove that he — not Sean Spicer, Kellyanne Conway or Stephen Miller — is the top salesman in the office. Only he can close the deal.

“It was true Trump,” D’Antonio said. “He thinks confidence is more important than competence and attitude matters more than aptitude. Others may be exhausted by the frenzy. You can see it in their drawn faces and pained expressions. Donald is energized by the fight. It also explains why he expects others to accept a bashing and be fine with him the next day.”

When Trump was corrected on the obvious whopper that his Electoral College vote was the “biggest Electoral College win since Ronald Reagan,” his only defense was, “I was given that information.”

Spin is the bitcoin of Washington. But Trump is in another dimension. He has distorted the truth for so long, he now seems routinely untethered from reality.

"Me the People". Yup, that pretty much sums up Agent Orange. Also, I'm sure he was a nasty little bully -- can you imagine him in junior high?

We've talked quite a bit about Branch Trumpvidians. This is an interesting article about them: "Trump supporters see a successful president — and are frustrated with critics who don’t"

MELBOURNE, Fla. — Many of President Trump’s most dedicated supporters — the sort who waited for hours in the Florida sun this weekend for his first post-inauguration campaign rally — say their lives changed on election night. Suddenly they felt like their views were actually respected and in the majority.

But less than one month into Trump’s term, many of his supporters say they once again feel under attack — perhaps even more so than before.

Those who journeyed to Trump’s Saturday evening event on Florida’s Space Coast said that since the election, they have unfriended some of their liberal relatives or friends on Facebook. They don’t understand why major media outlets don’t see the same successful administration they have been cheering on. And they’re increasingly frustrated that Democrats — and some Republicans — are too slow to approve some of the president’s nominees and too quick to protest his every utterance.

“They’re stonewalling everything that he’s doing because they’re just being babies about it,” said Patricia Melani, 56, a Jersey native who now lives here and attended her third Trump rally Saturday. “All the loudmouths? They need to let it go. Let it go. Shut their mouths and let the man do what he’s got to do. We all shut our mouths when Obama got in the second time around, okay? So that’s what really needs to be done.”

She blames the media for circulating “fake” stories about the president — like when she believed he was “very cool, wasn’t yelling” at a Thursday news conference, yet a CNN anchor described his behavior as “unhinged.”

“There’s such hatred for the man,” she said. “I just don’t get it.”

It was a common sentiment at the rally in an airplane hangar here, flanked by Air Force One and attended by about 9,000 people. There were chants of “CNN sucks!” and “Tell the truth!” A pre-rally speaker gleefully announced that the president had given the media “a spanking.”

“It was hilarious to see him give it to the media,” said Tony Lopez, 28, a car dealer who drove to the rally from Orlando. “The media’s problem is that they keep wanting to make up stories so that he looks bad. It doesn’t work. He’s talking right through you guys.”

Several people said they would have liked to see more coverage of a measure that Trump signed Thursday that rolled back a last-minute Obama regulation that would have restricted coal mines from dumping debris in nearby streams. At the signing, Trump was joined by coal miners in hard hats.

“If he hadn’t gotten into office, 70,000 miners would have been put out of work,” Patricia Nana, a 42-year-old naturalized citizen from Cameroon. “I saw the ceremony where he signed that bill, giving them their jobs back, and he had miners with their hard hats and everything — you could see how happy they were.”

The regulation actually would have cost relatively few mining jobs and would have created nearly as many new jobs on the regulatory side, according to a government report — an example of the frequent distance between Trump’s rhetoric, which many of his supporters wholeheartedly believe, and verifiable facts.

Melani, for example, gets most of her news from talk radio — “I listen to Herman Cain on my way into work, I have Sean [Hannity] on my way home,” she said — and Fox News.

She and her husband were well-versed on hold-ups with the president’s Cabinet nominees and legal arguments for the now-frozen travel ban. But they didn’t know much about the resignation of Trump’s national security adviser Michael Flynn on Monday amid accusations that he improperly discussed U.S. sanctions with the Russian ambassador — and then withheld that information from Vice President Pence and other top officials.

“See, don’t question me on that because I haven’t really been watching and listening too much on it,” Melani said. “I think he kind of did it just to step away, a trust kind of a thing. And now, of course, they want to pull a big investigation and all of this stuff. And to be honest with you, I really think it’s only because of the way the haters are out there. That’s what I really think it is.”

I am just sitting here, shaking my head. It's amazing that these people watch the same crap, yet perceive it so differently. It's like the whole "is the dress blue and black or is it white and gold" debate, with an added element of a possibility of the world being destroyed. I read the other night that some people on Tinder have put, "if you are a Trump supporter, swipe left", which I can understand. I don't know that I could enter a new relationship with someone whose views were so radically different than my own. This makes me sad, because in the past, I dated plenty of guys who were way, way, way more conservative than I am, but we could agree to disagree or have a middle ground. There is no middle ground with Agent Orange.

3 hours ago, fraurosena said:

poor Daniel Dale - from covering Rob Ford to Agent Orange, man deserves a medal.

So much for Ivanka's husband being a "moderating influence". He's joined Bannon's bandwagon: "Jared Kushner Emerges as Trump’s True Believer"

Weeks after he took the gig, according to a longtime friend, Kushner’s office remains empty, save for a phone and some desk supplies. The shelves behind him are bare, as are the walls. Perhaps that is because Kushner has said he spends little time in his office, and maybe he wants to rethink the whole thing entirely. Another source close to him told me that he spends much of his time in “the war room,” a nickname given to Bannon’s office next door. He is considering turning his office into a conference room, or maybe even knocking down the wall between his office and Bannon’s and getting a standing desk for himself, the friend said.

Both Bannon and Kushner have tried to articulate their improbable mutual affection. In explaining the unlikely relationship between himself (an orthodox Jew whose grandparents survived the Holocaust), and Bannon (who ran the alt-right Web site Breitbart News, which has published anti-Semitic comments), Kushner defended his colleague’s character in an interview with Forbes. “What I’ve seen from working together with him was somebody who did not fit the description that people are pushing on him. I choose to judge him based on my experience and seeing the job he’s done, as opposed to what other people are saying about him.” Bannon had a similar take. “If you’re in a foxhole with him, and fighting with him, you’re a brother, and he will defend you nonstop,” Bannon told New York Magazine.

Nevertheless, a perception existed during the campaign and transition that Kushner was a moderating voice to Bannon’s nationalistic agenda. Kushner, after all, came from a major Democratic family. He hosted fundraisers for Corey Booker. He privately reassured his friends and business leaders in his orbit that his father-in-law and Trump’s team would pull back from some of the extreme rhetoric that they peddled on the trail once they got into the West Wing. As one source close to Kushner described to me last month, Kushner was thought of as the “secure line” as a result—someone whom moderates could call in order to be heard by the president and to hear what the president really planned to do behind all that political bombast.

But now, a month into his new job in the West Wing, Kushner appears to have become a true believer in Bannon’s agenda. Several sources told me that Kushner was defensive about the executive order that temporarily barred Muslim immigrants and refugees. The longtime friend said that when he pointed out that refugees had not, in fact, been responsible for any of the terror attacks on U.S. soil, Kushner, he said, answered by saying that that was not true.

The source close to the Trump administration explained that Kushner has “always been far more defensive of Donald and their policies than the general public has believed. Most of the time, he is defending everything in the administration.” The distinction, it seems, has largely been Kushner’s cool temperament. “Bannon catches most of the heat, but I have never seen a lot of distance between what Steve Bannon is pushing for and what Jared is pushing for,” the source said. “They’re always fighting for supremacy in the office, directly or indirectly, and nobody wants to be the one to step out and cross Trump so they create alliances inside.” Another source familiar with the situation said that Kushner had been in support of the immigration measure even before Bannon joined the campaign this summer.

Just what we need, another Bannon...

7 hours ago, ShepherdontheRock said:

I actually kind of want Trump's impeachment to get delayed at least until the Dems can get control of congress. I do not want the Republicans to escape any accountability for this.

Sadly, they will likely escape it, at least among a good deal of their base. If people aren't reading/watching a variety of news sources (on both sides) they'll never be exposed to the stories that the other group are the most enthused or appalled at. And with all the "fake news" claims, I doubt many Trump supporters will be considering any stories coming out of those targeted publications and channels, no matter what evidence. 

On 2/18/2017 at 4:47 PM, JMarie said:

Why is Trump holding a campaign rally?  He won the election.  He should know that, since he brings it up on a regular basis.

He has real issues to deal with.  He should get to them.

Because Trump is a narcissistic asswipe that feeds off head pats and back scratches from people that are just as clueless as he is. 

I saw this earlier today and had a good laugh. 

IMG_1211.JPG

The Trump-Russia stuff that's been coming out over the last few days is making my head spin. A few related tweets: 

And here's an article that talks about it more: 

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/a-big-shoe-just-dropped

I don't know how much attention it's received. But the appearance of the name of Felix Sater in this new article in the Times is one of the biggest shoes I've seen drop on the Trump story in some time.

The new story explains that a group of Trump operatives, including top lawyer Michael Cohen and fired former campaign manager Paul Manafort, along with a pro-Putin Ukrainian parliamentarian named Andrii V. Artemenko and Mr. Sater are pushing President Trump on a 'peace plan' for Russia and Ukraine.

Cohen recently met with Sater and Artemenko; and Cohen agreed to personally deliver the peace plan (actually a sealed envelope with documents detailing it) to the President when he met with him at the White House. Cohen says he left it with General Flynn days before Flynn was forced to resign.

And here are a few twitter users that are doing a good job of covering the Trump-Russia stuff: 

https://twitter.com/LouiseMensch

https://twitter.com/jaketapper

https://twitter.com/Khanoisseur

https://twitter.com/justin_kanew

https://twitter.com/20committee

3 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

We've talked quite a bit about Branch Trumpvidians. This is an interesting article about them: "Trump supporters see a successful president — and are frustrated with critics who don’t"

I am just sitting here, shaking my head. It's amazing that these people watch the same crap, yet perceive it so differently. It's like the whole "is the dress blue and black or is it white and gold" debate, with an added element of a possibility of the world being destroyed. I read the other night that some people on Tinder have put, "if you are a Trump supporter, swipe left", which I can understand. I don't know that I could enter a new relationship with someone whose views were so radically different than my own. This makes me sad, because in the past, I dated plenty of guys who were way, way, way more conservative than I am, but we could agree to disagree or have a middle ground. There is no middle ground with Agent Orange.

Wait until they find out they can't get health insurance because of a pre-existing condition.  Or when manufacturing jobs don't return to their region.  Or the wall doesn't get built (or a fence, or whatever he proposes next week).  Or those millions of immigrants don't get deported.  Those four things (any one of them, really) should be enough for the average American.  Of course, I do realize that I'm not talking about average Americans.

Just realized that it's technically Monday here.  Presidents Day.  Is it just for honoring Washington and Lincoln, or is Trump included?

Holy shit. I just saw this on twitter: 

So far, I haven't seen any news media outlets picking up this story, but JoyAnnReid of MSNBC just retweeted it. I think she's a very reputable person in the media and I doubt she would retweet something like that if she didn't think it was reputable. 

• Destiny locked this topic
  • Destiny unpinned this topic

Archived