IGNORED

Dillards 26 - Grifting All The Way!

choralcrusader8613

1 minute ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Truth, J-Rod's bathrooms make my inner germophobe recoil in horror. The carpet, the dried flowers, the folksy word plaques...all just a magnet for filth. And with so many little boys...eww. 

I cringe just thinking about it! 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't Michael (la etc.) and Brandon have the 10 commandments in theirs? 

#11. Thou shalt not leave empty toilet roll.

ill back away now so no one else gets struck by the lightning ⚡️  

2 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

I cringe just thinking about it! 

Her house tour on YouTube is really something  to behold...make sure you watch until the very end. 

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

Hopefully, he was not "assisting" the Tibetan refugees with their religion!  Tibetan Buddhism is just fine, D-Wreck!

I was hoping the same thing.  That he was providing humanitarian assistance and not spewing any religion.

On 2017-02-22 at 9:05 PM, 2manyKidzzz said:

I was raised Catholic and received no call to have a personal relationship with Jesus. I was pretty much afraid of mortal sin and hell where I was educated. Can't really say what the central premise was. But not a personal relationship with Jesus. Never heard that. 

Catholic here too. To quote Kathleen Madigan, I was given a laundry list of people to pray to before I bothered Jesus. Personal relationships & imaginary slumber parties with my personal lord and saviour weren't part of the equation.

1 hour ago, Ralar said:

Jill gave Derick a haircut -- and it actually looks great!   more pix

Counting-on-Haircut_009.png

He needs to keep the short hair. I think the long hair just elongated his face, and when it was pulled back, it made his face look skinnier. The short hair seems to round out his face/head and makes him look less gaunt. 

29 minutes ago, WhyNotJulie said:

Catholic here too. To quote Kathleen Madigan, I was given a laundry list of people to pray to before I bothered Jesus. Personal relationships & imaginary slumber parties with my personal lord and saviour weren't part of the equation.

I really think Catholicism is so location dependent, people's experience with it is going to change from place to place, diocese to diocese. My mom grew up in Northern California in the 60s, and she always told me that having a relationship with God/Christ was emphasized. Her parish was very committed to the Vatican II reforms. Certainly hell and sin were talked about, but the point was supposed to be that those things kept you from Christ, which was supposed to be worse than the physical torments used to depict hell. 

She stopped going to church as an adult, but she always considered herself a Catholic because she continued to have a relationship with Christ, and was taught that was the most important thing. 

On the other hand, my husband's parents, who grew up on the other side of the country in New England, had a different experience - they grew up with a much more conservative Catholicism. 

It's odd and I'm not sure what really accounts for these differences - the parishoners influencing the leaders of the parish/diocese or the diocese influencing the parishoners.

44 minutes ago, Incognito22 said:

Don't Michael (la etc.) and Brandon have the 10 commandments in theirs? 

#11. Thou shalt not leave empty toilet roll.

ill back away now so no one else gets struck by the lightning ⚡️  

Lightning struck me and I didn't care!!!

Is that how they try to control their children into not, um...fapping in the bathroom? By putting their pictures everywhere?

Also, the hair looks okay sticking up like that. Hopefully he doesn't have frankenbangs when it's dry. 

17 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I really think Catholicism is so location dependent, people's experience with it is going to change from place to place, diocese to diocese. My mom grew up in Northern California in the 60s, and she always told me that having a relationship with God/Christ was emphasized. Her parish was very committed to the Vatican II reforms. Certainly hell and sin were talked about, but the point was supposed to be that those things kept you from Christ, which was supposed to be worse than the physical torments used to depict hell. 

She stopped going to church as an adult, but she always considered herself a Catholic because she continued to have a relationship with Christ, and was taught that was the most important thing. 

On the other hand, my husband's parents, who grew up on the other side of the country in New England, had a different experience - they grew up with a much more conservative Catholicism. 

It's odd and I'm not sure what really accounts for these differences - the parishoners influencing the leaders of the parish/diocese or the diocese influencing the parishoners.

This is so true. After spending my childhood being afraid of going to hell......well, why would I stay in that church? Having a personal relationship with Christ sounds much better. Wasn't there for me.

4 hours ago, Ralar said:

Jill gave Derick a haircut -- and it actually looks great!   more pix

Counting-on-Haircut_009.png

I would love to know the timeline for this haircut. Was it before they went to the jungle? Or did they even go to the jungle? That is no missionary bathroom. Jill is looking quite pregnant here.

4 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

IDK about yall but I wouldn't want a picture of my parents kissing in my house. I don't actually like that many portraits around. 

EDIT: OMG THAT PICTURE IS IN THE BATHROOM!?!?! WHY WOULD THEY WANT THAT WHEN IN THERE? EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

maybe they need to help them to poop? or maybe, no i'm not able to thik anithyng else...

4 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Her house tour on YouTube is really something  to behold...make sure you watch until the very end. 

I feel like I just visited someone's grandma who is running a funeral home out of her home. The music doesn't help.

WAY TOO MUCH crap for me. OMG. Stuff overload. At least it's clean and seems big enough from what I saw. I couldn't watch the whole thing.

1 minute ago, Kelsey said:

I couldn't watch the whole thing.

YOU HAVE TO WATCH THE END!!!!!!!!!

It will give you nightmares. 

5 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

AAAAAA-MEN *crazy face*

OMG! What the fuck is that? It made my skin crawl.

I just saw pics of Derick's haircut on the Pickles FB page. I'm not keen on it. Yeah, the combination of his hair and stubble looked scruffy, but it was refreshing seeing him with a non-Gothard approved look (still doesn't make up for the fact that he's a douche). Perhaps it's my ex-goth lesbian hipster side talking, but I wish they'd kept some length on the top and cropped the sides... 

I am now picturing Derick with a series of Bieber cuts and it's hilarious.

3 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

maybe they need to help them to poop? or maybe, no i'm not able to thik anithyng else...

I was thinking the same thing - low cost laxative.

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I couldn't finish either! I got claustrophobic halfway through the video, and that's never happened to me before! I also got enough of the pies(?) underneath the dishrags and the ghost children's creepy smiles.

Edit: NEVERMIND, I GOT THROUGH IT.

GOODnight, FJ!

5 hours ago, Fluffy14 said:

I would love to know the timeline for this haircut. Was it before they went to the jungle? Or did they even go to the jungle? That is no missionary bathroom. Jill is looking quite pregnant here.

According to the fan blog, it was right before they left for CA. Regarding Jill's pregnancy, she should be only 4-5 months along if she's due in July, right?...right?...

3 hours ago, Kelsey said:

AAAAAA-MEN *crazy face*

OMG! What the fuck is that? It made my skin crawl.

I couldn't do it I only lasted the front porch and the fast forward to " praying about a printer". Please will some one summarize for those of us not strong enough?

Just now, Incognito22 said:

I couldn't do it I only lasted the front porch and the fast forward to " praying about a printer". Please will some one summarize for those of us not strong enough?

It's more of a sound that you need to hear. I have no words. You were almost there though.

I'm sorry I also want to add that I  don't get the, "praying for (insert object here)."  Sure I can understand praying that work comes or that you can get an extra shift to pay for said object but it's not a damn santa list!  Get off your biscuit and go work for it!

8 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Truth, J-Rod's bathrooms make my inner germophobe recoil in horror. The carpet, the dried flowers, the folksy word plaques...all just a magnet for filth. And with so many little boys...eww. 

They have carpet?! In their bathrooms?! What the actual fuck?! Jesus Christ they could clean that carpet til God comes back and it would never ever be clean enough :puke-front:

Did they really get enough money to buy all of that printing equipment? That sort of stuff can go for thousands. I got my BFA in Art and it was hard enough for us (smallish program, major university) to get equipment like that, and when we did it was a huge deal.

14 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

It's more of a sound that you need to hear. I have no words. You were almost there though.

I went back and watched.....   what the hell?   I don't know if it was worth it or not. I feel scarred and keep saying what the eff was that.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived