IGNORED

Duggar Aviation Part 3

Coconut Flan

I mean, props to them for seemingly growing up functional (????). I mean, our definition of functional can be pretty specific here -- but I imagine they're more grounded than the average celebrities or Duggars.

Could be over-extending my imagination about people I've never met. They don't have a reality show trained on minutiae, though!

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe they were raised in a christian and very musical way but not with fundamentalist beliefs.

Did they ever wear purity rings? I did not know that, clearly didn't work for Taylor, lol. There's a Howard Stern interview were they talk about their views and life and I remember Zach saying that he was just traditional and into Southern girls. I would definitely describe them more as traditional than conservative. 

Ok,  so my daughter was big into Hanson when she was younger, and I have to say that they are actually quite a talented group.  I think it was big disservice to them to break into the business so young and at the time when the boy bands were all the rage.  In truth, they have much better musical chops than any of the other 'boy' bands from around that same time.  They write and produce their own stuff and they had a pretty well known battle with their major label and ended up breaking the contract and going indie with their own label.  Their music is good, but I would never see them in concert because their fans are nuts.  Way over the top screaming and screeching the whole time.

As to their beliefs,  they have spoken that they are Christian and Zach, in particular ruffled some LGBT feathers by making statements that seemed vaguely homophobic.  But,  they have worked with artists from all over the world and clearly are tolerant of other cultures and beliefs.  Taylor was rumored to experiment with men, but who knows,  He had such a feminine look to him when he was younger that it might just have been from that.  

If you go to youtube, there was an ABC special show called flashback or something and Hanson did an a capella version of MMMBop and it was really good. 

And no,  I am not embarrassed to admit as a 50+ year old woman that I like Hanson.  They are under rated.

I would find it very very unlikely that any of the Duggars know any of the Hanson's.  You can't walk 10 feet in OK without bumping into a fundie, so no doubt there are plenty of Fundies there for them to socialize with. 

15 hours ago, Flossie said:

The son's have said that their father is much more conservative than they are.

Maybe they are allowed to brand their own faith because they are sons and not daughters. the youngest daughter (Hanson sister) is only 18 or 19 years old. she could very well be raised extremely conservative and a Duggar courting material.

2 hours ago, eveandadam said:

Maybe they are allowed to brand their own faith because they are sons and not daughters. the youngest daughter (Hanson sister) is only 18 or 19 years old. she could very well be raised extremely conservative and a Duggar courting material.

Nope, she's on insta and absolutely nothing about her says fundie. She might very well be in college, her sister finished it.

• 2 months later...

Bumping this thread because I just had an interesting conversation with the tax curmudgeon here at work.  I know he has a pilot's license.  He was telling me (in a conversation about I70 closing in Kansas yesterday because of snow and the nothingness that is I70 west of Salina) that he's been to Salina.  Took his son there for civil air patrol training or something.

The runway in Salina is exceptionally long and it is an alternate location for Space Shuttle landings.  They do practice runs there with a 747 and a dummy shuttle (shuttle piggybacked on the 747).  And yes, people watch this.   

So with the training, they do at the Salina airport (which used to be a Strategic Air Command location hence the really long runway - SAC gave it to the city of Salina which did not have an airport before that) and the attraction of dummy shuttle landings we may have solved part of the mystery of Duggar planes going to the oddball location of Salina.

That was Nashville, not Memphis. Not to mention, I think Famy is persona non grata at the Compound these days. Famy rarely mentions them anymore. 

Hmmm....it looks like the plane took a detour and conviently landed in Springdale. I wonder if they keep it in that other location due to cost? At any rate, they haven't gone to Memphis...yet. I'll let  y'all know if I get another alert. 

Mr MIO was watching an Adam Savage video earlier on and he said something about finding it difficult to reconcile creationists being happy to fly - especially since planes use oil-based fuel and that got me thinking. Apologies if it's a daft question but I know nothing about flying and I'm still on a learner's permit, so I'm curious: Apart from the difficult maths that has to be accurate, the science to understand the parts of flying that we can (as I understand it, aren't there roughly five theories on how planes fly and physics still can't identify any one for sure), doesn't it take a lot of critical thinking, logic and forward planning skills to fly a plane? - I'm just wondering because it seems an odd fit, for fundies, but especially for fundie parents - or am I missing something?

Screenshot, although it's not particularly insightful.

59113f0a204dd_ScreenShot05-08-17at08.54PM001.thumb.PNG.399c0b7ef190d89c6831ef0bf823a980.PNG

And here's a screenie of the tracklog @marmalade mentioned above. It looks like there was a loss of speed and altitude? I'm not sure I'm interpreting it correctly, or if the speed/altitude change listed would be significant.

59113fb5bf3d4_ScreenShot05-08-17at09_02PM.thumb.PNG.0464f7ed65c6602d0562345b290f9bab.PNG

So they changed their minds and flew to Nashville instead of Memphis. Whatevs, Duggars. This is the ten-seater again.

59123d4a29606_ScreenShot05-09-17at03_03PM.thumb.PNG.f703ea1d42512b96c04707a689e86192.PNG

591275c88c5f0_ScreenShot05-09-17at07_04PM.thumb.PNG.5afdd0cf63237f13fcafac1725c89a56.PNG

Flight back to Tontitown. They arrived in Nashville at 2.43 local time and departed from Dickson Municipal Airport at 5.40. Dickson is nearly fifty miles west of Nashville, so while they were "on the ground" for three hours, some of that time was spent on an undocumented flight to Dickson.

Ooooh, I didn't catch the change in airport arrival/departure in Nashville. Interesting. I'm dying to know what's going on, especially given that they were supposed to fly to MEMPHIS on Monday but were diverted to Spingdale (looks to be mechanical). 

So they were at the airport of the hometown of actor Anson Mount.  (random weird info stored in my noggin)

16 hours ago, Slt said:

Lawson spends a lot of time in Nashville... I'm still holding out for a Jana/Lawson hookup, so this gives me hope!

That was going to be my question.  Which fundie lives near there that would require a Duggar, the pilot, and a chaperone to tag along?  Possibly the film crew as well... 

For the time they spent on the ground, they had to be picking people up/dropping off (more than one or two since they used the Mitsubishi). But the oddball question remains, why Memphis one day and Nashville the next? 

@marmalade The fact that the plane didn't have an established plan confuses me. So it was suppose to head for Millington (outside of Memphis) the 8th but then was diverted and headed back to Springdale. The next day they left for Nashville and then to Dickson and then they headed home.

Question, what exactly does JD (or Josiah?) do? Do they have some kind of business? From the log, didn't we observe similar behavior on Feb 18/19 where the MU2 flew from AR to MS, then MS back to AR, and then to OK, then back to AR? Like I said, it's weird that they didn't have a definite destination. If they did have to pick up someone, why would they go to Nashville instead of the originally planned Memphis? Could they just be flying for practice or experience?

On 2/20/2017 at 4:01 PM, Pasta said:

Hanson was fundie? That mmmbreaks my heart 

I hate that I missed this A+ pun.

I was obsessed with Hanson as a kid. My dad used to tease me and tell me they were the "hottest chicks I've ever seen." I'd get so mad.

The Mitsubishi just landed in Kellertown. I suppose most four of those ten seats were filled up with M kids--that plane will pay for itself in no time, at this rate. Or! JD flew down to bring the Kellers to AR. We shall see.

5915f65dce729_ScreenShot05-12-17at10_45AM.thumb.PNG.4bf14645b8104f31e7b1ebc23f28ea50.PNG

Springdale to Larkin Field, Palatka, FL. Three hour flight. 

Archived