IGNORED

An interesting post by a more liberal fundie

formergothardite

This lady seems to still be rather fundie, but she has some good thoughts on why she became more liberal politically.

Today, I "liked" a page on Facebook called "The Christian Left" and shared two of its pictures on my own personal Facebook page. The very first comment I got was from a tea party conservative which simply said the "Christian" Left? insinuating that one could not be Christian and politically left. I know of good Christian people who are liberal and good Christian people who are conservative, and while I would never indicate that you can't be Christian and liberal, or can't be Christian and conservative, for me it is harder to imagine being conservative and being able to live by Christian values

When I first moved to the USA, I was told that in this country, all Christians were republicans. If someone wasn't a republican they weren't a Christian. A while later I found out some were even more conservative than the republicans, and some of those people thought that the Christians who were republicans were "selling out" their convictions and instead should be constitutionalists or libertarians or tea partiers.

I see this same attitude all the time. That if you are liberal, there is no way you are a Christian. Some fundies seem to think the road to hell is paved by liberals.

Yesterday, I was glad to see the individual mandate of the health care bill upheld. I believe that health care is a basic human right, and I suppose that Jesus did too because he was always healing people. The reason I believe health care is a basic human right is because of how much Jesus cared about the sick. Honestly, I don't understand what people are so upset about

:clap:

Conservative politics to me seem very selfish and completely unChristlike, although I want to be careful when I say that to make sure that I DON'T say that all conservative Christians are unChristlike, because that is not true.

I would say that pretty much all conservative Christians are selfish, but I'm meaner than she is.

In the comment section when someone brings up that voting for liberals is a vote to kill babies she responds:

I myself think it extremely irresponsible to vote for a president over ONE issue alone, which for most people I know is abortion. Honestly abortion is going to happen whether it is legal or not, even though I don't agree with it. I'm not sure the Republicans can make it illegal, either.

Exactly. Abortion is going to happen, and making it illegal won't stop that.

I guess I'm not really convinced that the Republicans are mostly against abortion or whether they just want to gain political favor. But, they claim to be "pro-life" but at best they are simply "anti-abortion". They want to save the unborn baby, but if that unborn baby is born into poverty they want to take away food stamps, welfare, health care, etc. Then they encourage people joining the military, etc, as far as I know they are mostly in favor of the death penalty...how is any of that "pro-life"? I will go into this further in future posts.

Amen. Conservatives only care about the fetus before it is born, after that it can just go die in poverty for all they care.

http://americannaussie.katyannewilson.c ... art-1.html

I don't know if it is because she is from another country, but she seems to have a great deal more sense than most fundies.

Well, she has posts up about leaving fundamentalism, so maybe she isn't a fundie.

This is an old friend of Zsu Zsu. She used to be an IFB Christian who spouted the same shit Zsu did. She had an "awakening" a few years ago when she struggled with her pregnancy and thought about going on BC and was told she was evil and going to hell for her choices. She had a pretty hard road out of fundiedom and is no longer IFB or any of the more extreme branches of religion. She still considers herself Christian and yet she has really mellowed out in the long run. She has a good read, of course that I can't find right now, about leaving the IFB church and having her friends turn on her and her husband for those decisions. If no one has found it by the time I get back from class then I'll see if I can find it again.

Didn't she used to post on this board as confused Jezebel ?

Yep, that's CJ's personal blog. She may be sane on abortion talk but hold on to your hats when the conversation rolls around to peanut butter ...

Yep, that's CJ's personal blog. She may be sane on abortion talk but hold on to your hats when the conversation rolls around to peanut butter ...

Huh, I never knew that! I was a lurker during CJ's time here... I've followed that blog for a long long time.. never knew it was one of our infamous peoples.

I myself think it extremely irresponsible to vote for a president over ONE issue alone, which for most people I know is abortion. Honestly abortion is going to happen whether it is legal or not, even though I don't agree with it. I'm not sure the Republicans can make it illegal, either.

Exactly. Abortion is going to happen, and making it illegal won't stop that.

This is the argument that made me pro-choice in high school. My very Catholic teacher and I were talking about abortion, I think because it came up in her government class, and she made this argument. I thought about it and decided I too would rather have people have safe abortions than unsafe ones even if I thought I personally wouldn't have one. (Now I think I'd have to decide based on the situation - I don't think I could say I never would having never been in the position of having to consider an abortion.)

Also I love that this is CJ :clap: Crunchy or smooth?

You are fucking kidding me! This is the crazed I can't afford kids but I'm going to keep having them then whine about how I have to send pb for me kids to eat because we are so poor I don't care if it kills people lady! Damn it, she is crazy, but she seems sensible in this posts. She is also besties with troll Elle.

I actually found this by looking at a person who commented on Kristina's blog profile and this was one of the blogs that person followed. I had no idea it was CJ. :lol:

Wasn't CJ connected to Elle somehow? Or was their batshittery during the PB war the only thing that united them?

Oh, jeebus, I really didn't think before I posted that. Now the PB war is back. I am having flashbacks.

CJ was the one that had a conniption fit over breaking links at the Yuku board, right?

Archived