IGNORED

Australian Blogger's Son Dies- Sparkling Adventures

princessjo1988

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a pity none of those agencies bothered to read her blog to figure out where they were, now she's out in the bush somewhere with those girls.

Someone on her personal fb page (I'm not a friend, her blog cross posts are public) said, "we look forward to seeing you at The Mountain" and said person's fb page has an album of pics of "Music Mountain", if anyone wants to look at them and take a guess as to where she might be headed. I dunno. Depressing. I have similar aged kiddos and I just feel ill thinking about what they've gone through and what sort of nonsense their crazy mother is filling their heads with right now. :(

I find it interesting that there was a report after the child went missing in the bush. Surely they must have seen that even the very accepting alternative community saw something seriously wrong with their lifestyle. Bevel among other transient non schooling rainbow families they stood out as dangerously dysfunctional.

But instead of taking advice and reevaluating they just ran until they found more temporary acceptance and reenforcement for their lifestyle.

Even if Lauren was in perfect mental health before Elijah's death, and even she admits she wasn't, after a trauma like this she is not going to be up to traveling around alone with those kids. She needs support and stability and probably medication and counseling, as do her daughters. Not to mention that David did most of the physical work involved with setting up camp and lighting fires and keeping the truck on the road etc. That lifestyle is physically demanding, and I don't see her being able to do it alone whilst caring for four children. And she is certainly not up to bearing the psychological burden for herself and the kids all on her own, I doubt anyone would be.

Someone on her personal fb page (I'm not a friend, her blog cross posts are public) said, "we look forward to seeing you at The Mountain" and said person's fb page has an album of pics of "Music Mountain", if anyone wants to look at them and take a guess as to where she might be headed. I dunno. Depressing. I have similar aged kiddos and I just feel ill thinking about what they've gone through and what sort of nonsense their crazy mother is filling their heads with right now. :(

I believe this is the place. She says it is in Warkworth I believe.

http://www.sparklingadventures.com/index.php?id=1619

I did some Internet Sleuthing and it's Music Mountain at Matakana in New Zealand.

So she may planning to leave the Country

I did some Internet Sleuthing and it's Music Mountain at Matakana in New Zealand.

So she may planning to leave the Country

Oh snap, sorry for redundant post.

http://www.geodata.us/australia_names_m ... 20Mountain

Perhaps?

Maybe. She has mentioned having relatives in Tamworth, which is right nearby, but she doesn't seem keen on family at the moment, because they won't give her unconditional support for her craziness.

Gosh why aren't the 'family' moving heaven and earth to find those girls?

I don't think that she's completely done a runner, rather moved away from people who were not pleasing her. There are plenty of quiet bush spots within an hour of Beenleigh. She is asking about knitters in Brisbane, and Brisbane and Beenleigh are very close together. I believe if she had shot through against the wishes of the authorities there would be some media coverage of it. Searches for children abducted by parents are commonly made public, but there has been nothing about this family. I am sure she is still in the area, and just hiding from her family. Not that that makes it any better for those poor girls. I just hope she can get it together enough for their sakes.

Gosh why aren't the 'family' moving heaven and earth to find those girls?

No idea. I have a sister who reminds me a bit of Lauren (eclectic, unschooling, nomadic, rainbow community) and when her partner died in a freak accident my mother stayed really close to her and her kids til things settled down and she started coping, because she was aware that she tended towards impulsive and erratic decisions and wanted to ensure she didn't make them while grieving. I can't imagine why the grandparents aren't keeping a close eye on them, or even trying to get temporary custody.

But then, when Lauren and David visited Sydney earlier this year they stayed a night with her dad in his unit then went and parked outside one of Sydney's most notorious public housing blocks for a week. What a sparkling adventure! A drug addict stole Lauren's purse through the open door of the truck, but it's all cool, cause David chased and caught her and she cried and Lauren hugged her. And the local heroin dealer let her use her shower! And her dreads allowed her to be accepted in a community that wouldn't usually accept middle class people like her! Her father must have known that that was a really unsafe place to park, especially with little kids, but he didn't seem willing or able to attempt to get them to remain in the safety of his home.

No idea. I have a sister who reminds me a bit of Lauren (eclectic, unschooling, nomadic, rainbow community) and when her partner died in a freak accident my mother stayed really close to her and her kids til things settled down and she started coping, because she was aware that she tended towards impulsive and erratic decisions and wanted to ensure she didn't make them while grieving. I can't imagine why the grandparents aren't keeping a close eye on them, or even trying to get temporary custody.

But then, when Lauren and David visited Sydney earlier this year they stayed a night with her dad in his unit then went and parked outside one of Sydney's most notorious public housing blocks for a week. What a sparkling adventure! A drug addict stole Lauren's purse through the open door of the truck, but it's all cool, cause David chased and caught her and she cried and Lauren hugged her. And the local heroin dealer let her use her shower! And her dreads allowed her to be accepted in a community that wouldn't usually accept middle class people like her! Her father must have known that that was a really unsafe place to park, especially with little kids, but he didn't seem willing or able to attempt to get them to remain in the safety of his home.

I recall her visit with her father, and the theft of her purse. I think her dad lived in a tiny flat with his lover. Besides it wouldn't be authentic if Lauren and her brood didn't live on the streets and have that sparkling adventure :roll:

new twitter message

"The electron microscope is a mere toy compared to the magnification possible when one is in a state of self-pity"

Those poor kids.

I wonder if the GPS on her phone is disabled?

The police have her iPhone, iPad and laptop, so she is probably using a prepaid throwaway, which may not have GPS.

Welcome to the child protection system in Australia. It is truly a shambles - and failing so many. Grr.

They have actually lost their girls twice (something which I didn't realise until searching for the time referred above) -

sparklingadventures.com/index.php?id=1474 (this is the time that was referred to above)

sparklingadventures.com/index.php?id=1155

It begs the question as to why aren't the family doing more? And intheknow, did you report them or not?

new twitter message

"The electron microscope is a mere toy compared to the magnification possible when one is in a state of self-pity"

Those poor kids.

Sweet Jesus, Buddha, the Flying Spahgetti Monster, any deity real or imagined- please, take care of those children. Let them find safe harbor where they can thrive, grant them protection and please, lead the authorities to them NOW.

Sweet Jesus, Buddha, the Flying Spahgetti Monster, any deity real or imagined- please, take care of those children. Let them find safe harbor where they can thrive, grant them protection and please, lead the authorities to them NOW.

I don't think we can just assume that if the authorities catch up with them then all will be fine and stable.

The authorities were involved after the babies death, and although they apparently originally placed restrictions on Lauren being alone with the girls, those have been lifted and Lauren has retained custody.

DOCS make their decisions based on the current well being of the children. I am sure they are still involved, but they would be being very sensitive towards Lauren as a grieving parent. So long as the children are being adequately cared for right now to the departments knowledge and in their opinion are likely to be cared for in future, then they will close the case. If Lauren blames a lot of the past chaos on David and his mental health issues, they may simply offer her support, show her where to access it, then close the file.

At this point in the night, I didn’t feel overly concerned for Luke and Aisha. I knew that they would be safe, and the evening was mild so even if they couldn’t make a fire, they wouldn’t get too cold. Somehow I could rest in the knowledge that this event had been designed as a learning experience — especially for Luke and Aisha, but also for David and me as the parents of a missing child.

WTF. Your child is lost with a man in the bush you've known for less than a week and this is a learning experience?

Why the fuck aren't docs getting involved?

Another Australian blogger is facing death as well - http://www.edenriley.com/2012/07/smouldering-ruins.html

All I can keep thinking is that this little boy deserves that - a post like that. He doesn't deserve the sparkling adventures bullshit. He deserves to be mourned. To be loved upon like that. His truth - that he died tragically, undeserving - that he should have never died - needs to be said, and focussed upon. And it isn't a happy, sparkling fucking 'adventure' - it isn't ok, any of it. And it SHOULDN'T BE.

Lauren, stop worrying about your extended family, or running away - face the reality that none of this is ok - or right - or 'planned'. And it is just a fucking mess that takes a long time to come to terms with - so you need stability and family right now. If you truly loved your girls, and wanted them around not just now, but in 10, 15 years time, that is what you NEED to do.

The police have her iPhone, iPad and laptop, so she is probably using a prepaid throwaway, which may not have GPS.

She is such a friggin fame whore. I bet she spent more time figuring how to replace her computer gear and get her blog on a decent server than she has spent fixing meals for the girls these past 3 months.

Another Australian blogger is facing death as well - http://www.edenriley.com/2012/07/smouldering-ruins.html

All I can keep thinking is that this little boy deserves that - a post like that. He doesn't deserve the sparkling adventures bullshit. He deserves to be mourned. To be loved upon like that. His truth - that he died tragically, undeserving - that he should have never died - needs to be said, and focussed upon. And it isn't a happy, sparkling fucking 'adventure' - it isn't ok, any of it. And it SHOULDN'T BE.

Lauren, stop worrying about your extended family, or running away - face the reality that none of this is ok - or right - or 'planned'. And it is just a fucking mess that takes a long time to come to terms with - so you need stability and family right now. If you truly loved your girls, and wanted them around not just now, but in 10, 15 years time, that is what you NEED to do.

Well said.

I noticed under one of the photos in the auction that was run for her the Brisbane based blogger Gregarious Peach commented saying she meant to bid on the item herself "and forgot because Lauren was over." https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 220&type=3 That was 2 days before Lauren's "Away" post, so I wonder if they visited on their way out of town or whether they really are just hanging close and hiding out like Cerdwin suggested. I'd love to know what people who are actually interacting with her think of her latest stunts...

Archived