IGNORED

Bible preaching churches protects you from secular schools..

lilwriter85

Lori talks about secular colleges and how your kids can avoid going down the ebil path.

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/06/is-there-anything-good-about-secular.html#idc-container

HA HA HA!!!!! My college experience was the exact opposite. It was the kids who came from strict religious upbringings that went CRAZY in college! The thing that turns their kids away from "Jesus" is the first taste of freedom. A suite mate of mine was from probably a fundie lite family and she was the biggest "experimenter" I knew in school.

Reminds me of the Catholic school kids I knew back in the early-mid '60s: They were sent to parochial schools for the "discipline," but got away with murder the rest of the time. They regularly had drinking parties--at age of 12 or so--when their parents were away.

Even though it was a very liberal school with some gay professors he loved this school! He loved his professors and his classes. It was a wonderful experience for him. He found a church that is on fire for the Lord

Oh ffs. What a twat.

From the comments:

You need to be yolked with believers for their prayers and support.

I get the mental image of throwing eggs at churches.

Oh ffs. What a twat.

Yup she is a twat. If her son got into other dental schools, I'm surprised Lori didn't discourage him from attending the dental school in ebil San Francisco.

I wonder what her kids think of her opinions and writing, and how different it might sound from their point of view.

I wonder what her kids think of her opinions and writing, and how different it might sound from their point of view.

I wonder about that too.I suspect that her kids likely agree with a lot of stuff she writes. In another posting, she talked about how her daughter attended Biola and she also attended a community college and a secular college. Lori said that the daughter loved her teachers at Biola, but disliked some of the subjects discussed at the community college and the university. Basically Lori whined that the secular colleges have taken God out of the teachings. I don't think Lori understands that public universities don't have to teach with religious attitudes. Lori seems pretty dumb about a lot of things, she once whined in another blog posting that colleges don't teach women how to be wives and love their husbands. I wouldn't be surprised if Lori's kids have her same views.

At least this one lets her kids go to college.

To be fair to the fundies, I had some professors who were actively hostile toward the Christian religion (and I mean ANY branch of the Christian religion, not only fundamentalist Christianity). I also had some professors who were complete whackadoodles. You learn early on to do your work, keep your mouth shut, and pretend you agree with their far-out views. Otherwise, you don't pass the class. Actually, some of the whackadoodles did me a favor. I listened to their lunacy and thought to myself, "This can't be right." Then I went to the library, did some research, and found many studies that contradicted what the professor was teaching. In the end, I learned more than if I'd had a normal professor. The knowledge was in my head, even if I couldn't talk about it in class.

From the comments:

I get the mental image of throwing eggs at churches.

Heh.

Gee, Lori, it's yoked not yolked.

Did Lori attend college? Somehow I can only imagine her going to college to get her MRS degree.

Heh.

Gee, Lori, it's yoked not yolked.

Did Lori attend college? Somehow I can only imagine her going to college to get her MRS degree.

She did attend college and from what she has described it basically to get her MRS.

I wonder about that too.I suspect that her kids likely agree with a lot of stuff she writes. In another posting, she talked about how her daughter attended Biola and she also attended a community college and a secular college. Lori said that the daughter loved her teachers at Biola, but disliked some of the subjects discussed at the community college and the university. Basically Lori whined that the secular colleges have taken God out of the teachings. I don't think Lori understands that public universities don't have to teach with religious attitudes. Lori seems pretty dumb about a lot of things, she once whined in another blog posting that colleges don't teach women how to be wives and love their husbands. I wouldn't be surprised if Lori's kids have her same views.

Since Lori really needs to shut the fuck up, I'll chime in and say that unlike her stupid fundamentalist ass, I don't need 4 years of university to learn how to love someone or be a wife. Strangely enough, it seems like many other people manage to learn the same thing without even graduating high school.

We should start a "Lori Alexander is a Fuckwit" campaign, like the "Doug Phillips is a Tool" one.

She did attend college and from what she has described it basically to get her MRS.

I loathe women who do this. It's one thing to meet one's future spouse while still taking college seriously. But Lori probably just giggled and flirted her way through campus, putting jackshit into her classes. I'm so glad my alma mater was devoid of people like her.

I loathe women who do this. It's one thing to meet one's future spouse while still taking college seriously. But Lori probably just giggled and flirted her way through campus, putting jackshit into her classes. I'm so glad my alma mater was devoid of people like her.

^This. I know 3 women my age (well, two of them are actually 1-2 years older) and it's so annoying to see them drop out of great schools and go be housewives.

Being unemployed for a long stretch taught me that I could never, ever be a housewife/SAHM. Ever. I'd go batshit. And forget about trying to pay off the student loans! :o

OT, but my kitten is trying her best to prevent me from typing this post, so if something's jacked up, it's her fault.

Since Lori really needs to shut the fuck up, I'll chime in and say that unlike her stupid fundamentalist ass, I don't need 4 years of university to learn how to love someone or be a wife. Strangely enough, it seems like many other people manage to learn the same thing without even graduating high school.

We should start a "Lori Alexander is a Fuckwit" campaign, like the "Doug Phillips is a Tool" one.

I would agree with a campaign like that. Some of her blog postings are really stupid and laughable. The first posting I read of hers was the one about women and college. Since then I have been reading her blog a couple of times a week. She flip flops on some things. In one posting, she talks about sugary drinks are bad for your health and then later on in the big business post, she says that Coca-Cola can't kill you. Lori appears to be a bit materialistic. She goes on expensive trips and likely has some nice things in her home. She has made a few postings bashing others for wanting a few material things. She posted on how to afford a large family and there was another posting in which she encouraged people to have large families. Lori only had 4 kids and she chose that. If Lori posts about that again in the future, I hope someone like Zsu or Kelly C. asks her why didn't have more than 4 kids. Knowing Lori, if she received a comment like that, I bet she wouldn't allow it to be posted. A few Fjers posted comments that corrected about certain historical details and events and she never posted their comments. The only times Lori allows disagreeing comments to be posted if they are related to stuff about family life, college, big business, etc. I remember when she posted about stay at home dads, I believe there were 2 or 3 comments from stay at home dads. I bet Lori allowed those comments just to show her fangirls how it is ebil and wrong for a man to stay at home with his dads.

Archived