IGNORED

Bradrick! Crisis News

WonderingInWA

Well, so Petey and Kelly brought their newest blessing home from the NICU. To a house that has had the chicken pox. All of the kids except one got them 2 weeks ago right around the time Kelly gave birth to her baby 5 weeks early, and now the child who didn't get them has them. So he's being kept from the new PREMATURE baby. Uh, duh.

I don't normally feel sorry for Kelly since having sex with sippy-cup ears is a CHOICE, but I can't imagine what kind of stress she has been through in the past 2 weeks.

Why would they take the premature baby home when they know someone is sick?

'Cause their faith will protect him.

Exactly. I'm sure it has everything to do with the fact they don't have medical insurance and getting the heck out of the NICU is probably more important to them than having their premature infant contract the chicken pox straight away.

I just hope Petey's crisis team ran in and helped out when Kelly went in to labor with a premature child and was trying to care for 3 kids with the chicken pox at the same time. I'd love to see how much help he was in what has to have been one of the toughest situations ever.

Hopefully she's breastfeeding & the poor mite gets some antibodies.

I think she is because he said something about driving her in the middle of the night to feed him at the hospital.

I think she is because he said something about driving her in the middle of the night to feed him at the hospital.

She could still be bottle feeding him though...

She could still be bottle feeding him though...

True. I think with a preemie you do whatever you have to do to get them fed.

I wonder which one of his crisis team members came over in the middle of the night to stay with the other four kids while they were running off to the hospital over and over again for 2 weeks?

I just hope Petey's crisis team ran in and helped out when Kelly went in to labor with a premature child and was trying to care for 3 kids with the chicken pox at the same time. I'd love to see how much help he was in what has to have been one of the toughest situations ever.

Oh no, they only help with disasters where the menfolk are in danger. Helping with the kids is wimmin's work.

Well, so Petey and Kelly brought their newest blessing home from the NICU. To a house that has had the chicken pox. All of the kids except one got them 2 weeks ago right around the time Kelly gave birth to her baby 5 weeks early, and now the child who didn't get them has them. So he's being kept from the new PREMATURE baby. Uh, duh.

This is worrisome. Chickenpox virus can be passed through the air, so it is highly likely that the baby will still be exposed. Assuming the mom was immune, the newborn at this point may have some immunity passed from mom. However, a preemie wouldn't have as much of this immunity as a full-term infant. Wonder if the docs knew about this when the baby was discharged from the hospital.

Peter and Kelly both have family in the area. Why do't one of their siblings help her out by temporarily keeping the little Bradricks for them?

Another example of how, "children are a blessing," is just a saying with no true thoughts or actions to back it up in Fundieland. These people make me want to scream. Poor baby.

Eta

I can't even begin to imagine the carelessness and denial that goes on in that house. I'm making sure my hubs has his T-dap vaccine before little chunk is born. I'm taking no chances. I certainly wouldn't bring baby home to illness and figure, God loves me, we will be okay!

This is worrisome. Chickenpox virus can be passed through the air, so it is highly likely that the baby will still be exposed. Assuming the mom was immune, the newborn at this point may have some immunity passed from mom. However, a preemie wouldn't have as much of this immunity as a full-term infant. Wonder if the docs knew about this when the baby was discharged from the hospital.

I can guarantee you that the doctors did not know about the chickenpox when the baby was discharged. They're pretty careful about things like that.

eeeek it's gonna be more expensive if the premie catch chicken pox :S can't they realize that?

Where did you find those news?

Poor baby. I hope that he doesn't get the chickenpox. I had them when I was 8 or 9 and I suffered badly. Can't imagine how hard it must be for a premature baby.

BTW: Is there a vacination against chickenpox? Never heard of that before.

Yes, there's a chicken pox vaccination. It was still optional as of five years ago when my son was getting his 5 year old shots. I got him vac'd, but I've no idea if it works or not as we haven't been around anyone with chicken pox since then. I had the pox on my 8th birthday, and I vividly remember my mom hosting a "chicken pox party" for the next week. All of my siblings caught them within days, as did the rest of our pox partiers.

Our youngest partier was 4 or 5..there were no preemies..

I simply don't understand why Kelly agreed to marry this guy. Aside from the fact that looks-wise, Kelly's way out of Peter's league (though that's subjective), Peter has proven himself to be inconsiderate, pompous, dangerous, and idiotic. Was Kelly forced?

Where did you find those news?

Poor baby. I hope that he doesn't get the chickenpox. I had them when I was 8 or 9 and I suffered badly. Can't imagine how hard it must be for a premature baby.

BTW: Is there a vacination against chickenpox? Never heard of that before.

Yup, the chicken pox vaccine is very popular here (U.S.). I had the vaccine in the mid-90's, shortly after it came out. I actually don't know anyone in my generation who has had the chicken pox, measles, or mumps.

I had the chicken pox when I was little, and back then you did want to get it asap, since it's so much worse to get as an adult. How does the vac work? Is it a lifetime vaccine, or one that only you need boosters for throughout your lifetime?

We don't do the chicken pox vaccine in France, I have never heard of it... however, we do plenty of other vaccines to children.

BTW, breastfeeding don't protect against chicken pox, my youngest has it at 9 months and was still breastfed :roll:

I had the chicken pox when I was little, and back then you did want to get it asap, since it's so much worse to get as an adult. How does the vac work? Is it a lifetime vaccine, or one that only you need boosters for throughout your lifetime?

If I remember correctly, I believe that it is the initial vaccine and then there is one booster. After that, you are good for life. The CDC does recommend that for anyone over the age of 13 who has never had the chicken pox or the vaccine for it to go and get the vaccine because it is so dangerous to get later in life.

Archived