IGNORED

chicken pox vax made from aborted fetuses?

duplessis3

I have friends that are traditional RC extremely pro life. One of their kids has the pox now and they offeredpeople to come over so they could avoid getting the vax for the reason in the title.

Their putting aborted fetuses in everything now. That's what happens in an atheist theocracy.

Their putting aborted fetuses in everything now. That's what happens in an atheist theocracy.

Wouldn't that be an atheocracy?

Hey it's getting so, that I don't even want sausage on my pizza, I just order it up with the aborted fetuses instead. :lol:

Yeah, because there are totally enough aborted fetuses at any given time to support the number of vaccines being trotted out, and it's totally legal to just take some clinic's biomedical waste and use it to make things that will be injected into people. Totally.

No, certain vaccines are allegedly developed/made using embryonic stem cells. Aborted fetuses don't even come into the mix.

I put aborted fetuses in the brownies I made last week. It made them taste even better. :happy-partydance:

What don't they make out of aborted fetuses these days?

Gosh, if they outlaw abortion, where are we going to get all our fetuses from? We clearly need them for our soft drinks, alternative medicines and vaccines and stuff.

ETA: Aw crap, four people got to this before my slow-ass internet could put up my post. I feel so unfirsted.

I have friends that are traditional RC extremely pro life. One of their kids has the pox now and they offeredpeople to come over so they could avoid getting the vax for the reason in the title.

These people are idoits-once the pox appear the child is no longer contiguous. The best time to catch the it is 7-10 days before the pox apprears. A little real medical knowledge might too much for them to handle.

herewegohd-28n129600911970729.png

Another vax thread? RUN FOR COVER!!

...or get some popcorn, your choice.

I nearly died from chicken pox complications. I'd have sooner foregone the pleasure and taken my chances with the vaccine had it been available.

And no, the vaccine is not made from aborted fetuses, but thank you for reminding me to get a shingles vaccine. I'm kind of on the young side for it, but I don't like the thought of the varicella zoster virus ever appearing again, and I fortunately don't get my medical advice from TLC (formerly known as The Learning Channel) programs.

herewegohd-28n129600911970729.png

Another vax thread? RUN FOR COVER!!

...or get some popcorn, your choice.

Only if it's fetus-flavoured.

(long-time lurker, first time poster)

Some vaccine strains are grown in cell cultures that derive from a couple of medically-necessary abortions from the 60s. Ironically, those abortions were necessary because the mother had been exposed to rubella, causing damage to the fetuses that were incompatible with life. That fetal tissue was donated, and used to create cell culture to grow rubella strains for the vaccine. The culture from that cell line is still used, but saying that vaccines are "made from" aborted fetuses is an inaccurate statement.

http://www.historyofvaccines.org/conten ... evelopment

The Vatican has issued a statement regarding this issue, in which it states that the use of vaccines is supported by the Church:

http://www.catholicnews.com/data/storie ... 504240.htm

(I apologize in advance for any formatting or board culture errors)

I prefer fetus cake.

Elsa's already been born, but she still has a fetal look about her.

babycake2.jpg

I understand now why my cake decorating instructor in Jr. High always said to avoid blue frosting whenever possible. Gives everything a sort of grim cast.

Is that cake supposed to be appetizing? Because it's not NEARLY as good-looking as the other cakes that get posted on here.

Needs a syringe next to it, for drawing out of the evil cells.

The varicella vaccine is developed from aborted tissue from two fetal cell lines known as WI-38 and MRC-5, obtained in 1964 (I think) and 1970. Both abortions were elective abortions, one in Sweden, not sure where the 2nd one was done. The cell lines were developed then and no further aborted babies were used. The Vatican has a wordy document on the subject but basically Catholics can receive this vaccine as long as no other vaccine made from non-abortion sources exists. They can also conscientiously object to the vaccine.

In my experience as a school nurse every student I saw with chicken pox had had the vaccine so I've never been convinced it's all that useful. It is reported that kids have a milder form of the disease if they've been vaccinated. And now the schedule calls for 2 doses, which may reduce the incidence of still getting it. Although last month I saw a student with varicella and she'd had both doses. So who knows.

Elsa's already been born, but she still has a fetal look about her.

babycake2.jpg

I understand now why my cake decorating instructor in Jr. High always said to avoid blue frosting whenever possible. Gives everything a sort of grim cast.

Who wants a leg?

In my experience as a school nurse every student I saw with chicken pox had had the vaccine so I've never been convinced it's all that useful. It is reported that kids have a milder form of the disease if they've been vaccinated. And now the schedule calls for 2 doses, which may reduce the incidence of still getting it. Although last month I saw a student with varicella and she'd had both doses. So who knows.

My 17 year old had to get the vaccine before she entered kindergarten 12 years ago and neither she nor any of her friends or school mates have come down with chicken pox. I'm sure you are seeing the exceptions to the rule. After my personal experience with the disease, I wouldn't dream of not vaccinating my kids for chicken pox. I do wonder if they'll need boosters at some point in adulthood, especially if they travel to places where the vaccination is not common. Adulthood cases are the most dangerous. My 22 year old nephew has never had chicken pox and got vaccinated before a trip to the UK this summer. As I understand it, it's not a standard vaccination there.

Who wants a leg?

There's nothing like a little piece of ass. Sorry, couldn't resist that movie quote. :twisted:

My 17 year old had to get the vaccine before she entered kindergarten 12 years ago and neither she nor any of her friends or school mates have come down with chicken pox. I'm sure you are seeing the exceptions to the rule. After my personal experience with the disease, I wouldn't dream of not vaccinating my kids for chicken pox. I do wonder if they'll need boosters at some point in adulthood, especially if they travel to places where the vaccination is not common. Adulthood cases are the most dangerous. My 22 year old nephew has never had chicken pox and got vaccinated before a trip to the UK this summer. As I understand it, it's not a standard vaccination there.

No, it's not. At least it wasn't the last I knew. I got chicken pox five days after giving birth to my son, having been exposed at 38 weeks. That was NOT fun, I tell you. It really made me quite sick and I had chicken pox spots on my episiotomy wound, and that was horrible. Plus my son had to be given antibodies then kept in hospital for observation, in isolation too. Thankfully it worked and he didn't develop it, he then went on to catch it at around 6 years old.

Man, this drives me crazy as a pro-lifer. this and the "pepsi is made with aborted fetuses" stuff. Stupidity.

Actually, I can understand some people still avoiding them because of their understanding of the ethics of the cell-line's origin, but it drives me bonkers when people "reason" it out using stuff like this.

I got chicken pox five days after giving birth to my son, having been exposed at 38 weeks. That was NOT fun, I tell you. It really made me quite sick and I had chicken pox spots on my episiotomy wound, and that was horrible. Plus my son had to be given antibodies then kept in hospital for observation, in isolation too. Thankfully it worked and he didn't develop it, he then went on to catch it at around 6 years old.

A friend of mine came down with the chicken pox in her first trimester just before the vaccine became available. The baby was born with scarring in one of his eyes, leading to permanent blindness in it. Then he ended up with a horrible case of the shingles before his second birthday.

Because many people barely remember the mild cases they had as young children, it's easy to dismiss chicken pox as a trivial illness, but it can be very devastating, particularly for pregnant women and anyone at or past puberty.

Sola, that sounds awful :-( At least your baby didn't get sick.

I work in a lab and we get requests for urgent VZV antibody tests for exposed pregnant women all the time - makes me wish there was universal vaccination!

Archived