IGNORED

chicken pox vax made from aborted fetuses?

duplessis3

What ever happened to that news story about anti-vax parents who were "assisting" other anti-vax parents by sending packages of lollipops that their chicken-pox infected kids had licked?

Abortion: Not a crime.

Sending diseases through the mail: Crime.

A friend of mine came down with the chicken pox in her first trimester just before the vaccine became available. The baby was born with scarring in one of his eyes, leading to permanent blindness in it. Then he ended up with a horrible case of the shingles before his second birthday.

Because many people barely remember the mild cases they had as young children, it's easy to dismiss chicken pox as a trivial illness, but it can be very devastating, particularly for pregnant women and anyone at or past puberty.

That's awful! I don't have alot of confidence in the chicken pox vaccine. I think I am going to advise my daughters to get re-vaxed before they start having children, just to be on the safe side.

Hey it's getting so, that I don't even want sausage on my pizza, I just order it up with the aborted fetuses instead. :lol:

I thought I was the only one that did that. ;)

Some vaccines are grown on human diploid cultures because they wont grow on other medium. There are two strains of these cells. Both come from aborted fetuses. The parents of the aborted fetuses agreed to allow the fetus diploid cells be donated for science. The cells are grown in a lab.

I keep telling people that use this as a reason to not vaccinate that perhaps its what god wanted. Why would god want to have children suffer from diseases that are now preventable thanks to vaccines.

I thought I was the only one that did that. ;)

Have you tried them on kebabs? They fit perfectly between the mushrooms and pineapple chunks.

Have you tried them on kebabs? They fit perfectly between the mushrooms and pineapple chunks.

the laughter, it hurts!

I nearly died from chicken pox complications. I'd have sooner foregone the pleasure and taken my chances with the vaccine had it been available.

And no, the vaccine is not made from aborted fetuses, but thank you for reminding me to get a shingles vaccine. I'm kind of on the young side for it, but I don't like the thought of the varicella zoster virus ever appearing again, and I fortunately don't get my medical advice from TLC (formerly known as The Learning Channel) programs.

I had a pretty serious case of it myself, and can feel my blood pressure rising when folks dismiss CP as trivial or funny. It ain't either. I've heard of plenty of serious cases, and shingles is downright awful.

I wish TLC would do a pop-up video of the Duggar show, and when Jim-Boob opens his mouth and utters a scientifically stupid, impossible statement, they could correct it.

E.G. :

Jim-Boob: Kids, Now that you've had the CP, you will never get the shingles.

Pop Up Video: Jim-Boob is incorrect. The virus in CP lingers in the human body for decades, and actually causes shingles.

Seriously, modern Fundies treat abortion like old fundies did with witch hunts.

They keep projecting strange fantasies onto abortion and trying to look for ways to make it real resulting in a lot of people getting hurt

The bad thing is I'd heard the whole "if you get chicken pox, you can't get shingles" thing from a nurse and believed it (then again, we had some really out there nurses on this particular shift, including one who tried to convince everyone that Obama was both a Muslim and the anti-Christ). I wonder how many people repeated that after seeing it on TV.

I remember having a pretty mild case of the chicken pox when I was really young, but it still sucks being all itchy and trying not to scratch. OTOH, we'll probably have my son vaxxed for it (we delayed and are spacing out vaccines because of family history, to make it easier to spot any reaction, but he is getting most of them). My husband had a really bad case and still has scarring from them in several places and my mother-in-law has had a couple pretty bad shingles outbreaks, including one that affected her vision and hearing temporarily, so I want him protected in case he takes after that side of the family.

the laughter, it hurts!

Personally, we're waiting until girl-fetus gets plump enough. If you eat em early, there's not enough meat on the bones to make it satisfying enough.... :dance:

I think I figured out how we got the babyhating title. Fundies lurk here, read stuff like this, and don't have a sense of humour so they take us seriously.

Personally, we're waiting until girl-fetus gets plump enough. If you eat em early, there's not enough meat on the bones to make it satisfying enough.... :dance:

Late second trimester at least. That's why we can't let them outlaw late term abortion. We'd be stuck eating fetus nuggets for the rest of our lives.

Seriously, modern Fundies treat abortion like old fundies did with witch hunts.

They keep projecting strange fantasies onto abortion and trying to look for ways to make it real resulting in a lot of people getting hurt

Reminds me of Jews and the blood of Christian children - there was a time they were accused of using it in a variety of recipies. Yesterday's Christian child is today's aborted fetus. :D

ADoyle90815: I had the same thought. Take a piece of bleeding armadillo cake and get out of my head!

Archived