IGNORED

What does this Christian qoute mean?

AtroposHeart

It's one of those pseudo-intellectual quotes that aims at being thought-provoking but, well, really isn't.

See also:

"The most important things in life aren't things"

"Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us"

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"

etc.

You're right, I stand corrected. :oops: I spent several years myself in an apartment sans washer/dryer.

And right now, my current washer's water pump is about to go. Small leak, the machine's still usable, but we're holding our breath til we can get the replacement part. If it goes completely before that, I've got to haul all my laundry across town to the in-laws'. I do appreciate my washer! :lol:

Now that its warmer, i can live without the dryer, but not the washer. Ours broke last summer. Friend's washer was broken, she came over to do a load of wash. Our washer decided it did not want to LIVE anymore, and set itself ON FIRE. Thankfully I was able to unplug it and none of her clothes were ruined!!!!

I for one today, am thankful for Dr Who. Why? it puts my toddler to sleep. Not out of boredom, but since my husband watches it at his bedtime, the theme song has like a pavlovian reaction in his brain and BOOM, ZONKAGE.

I'm not Christian so take this with a grain of salt, but I look at prayer as being for US, not for G-d. Giving daily thanks reminds us to have an attitude of gratitude. Even in those areas where we think that we control everything - we still need to recognize just how fortunate we are, and not be smug.

That.

As for the prayer you mentioned above -

(Totally serious here -) My mother, who died of colon cancer after a valiant 10-year fight, said more than once, quite seriously, if you can't find anything else to be thankful for, be thankful if you can eat and go to the bathroom.

Myself, I've done the chemo thing, and I have been where I couldn't eat... so yeah, I agree...

JMO.

Archived