IGNORED

Interrupted fundie adoptions

Koala

[bolding mine]

What in the seven hells?! TWO adoptees have gone missing from this home??? Does no one know where they are??? I sincerely hope they do break the no contact order if only to give the state an excuse to open the investigation.

That is just scary and heartbreaking. Sadly, with caseloads as high as they are from what I see in the courts, the disappearance of two adoptees not in the public school system probably wouldn't be noticed unless someone called CPS about it. Once any initial file on the adoption is closed, the social workers would just have no way of knowing unless they were told. Adoptions generally don't get active monitoring very long past the point they're finalized by the court.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't fully know at the moment. The adoptive mother blogged extensively when the three children came home. She blogged that one child was placed with a couple in her church that couldn't pass a homestudy, no details on why they wouldn't pass a homestudy. The other child disappeared sometime after she stopped blogging so much. Fosterson told US that she left two years ago, that she was behaving inappropriate and so was sent to the same home as her biological brother for a month and then sent out of state to another family. However, he never saw either child after they were removed from the home and he sure didn't ask questions as he lived in fear every day himself for the day he would be removed.

I got a call from the home where he is now this morning. He wants to come back to us. The state has blocked the family's ability to take him back into their own home, but I think OUR home is the one place they will refuse to voluntarily allow him to go.

I've talked to him personally and he's dead serious. I don't know what to do now.

Who will voluntarily refuse to allow the child to be placed in your home? The state or the family? Because I thought the family lost its rights over the child. How old is the child? Old enough so his opinion would have any weight in a decision?

The state has stated that they will not put this child in fostercare so long as the adoptive parents make a voluntary permenant adoption placement for this teen that does NOT involve their home. The teen has made his voice known and refuses to consent to anything but a return to us.

As it turns out, the adoptive parents have choosen to not fight his choice, since their only other choice is to refuse his decision and have the state put him fostercare, where we would pursue bringing him home anyway.

The state has stated that they will not put this child in fostercare so long as the adoptive parents make a voluntary permenant adoption placement for this teen that does NOT involve their home. The teen has made his voice known and refuses to consent to anything but a return to us.

As it turns out, the adoptive parents have choosen to not fight his choice, since their only other choice is to refuse his decision and have the state put him fostercare, where we would pursue bringing him home anyway.

So you're going to adopt him? That's so great!!!! I sincerely hope your new son will thrive and grow into all he's meant to be under your care.

Sadly, like most adoptees who survived the wars in Sierra Leone and Liberia, he has tremendous traumas to heal from before he ever came to the US. In his case, he also has tremendous issues he must heal from which occurred to him since he entered the US four years ago, as well as heartbreaking educational neglect that he has endured at the hands of this first adoptive family and now the pain of abandonment.

His path will not be an easy one. I'm not foolish enough to think it will be. With my own son, getting him the opportunity to heal *before* the hormones of teen years hit was a high priority for me. This child is deep in the throes of teen angst, that has to this point been viewed as aggressive and BAD as well as much trauma and pain. He has hope, he has a path set by other kiddos to give him hope, and he has parents committed to fighting for him. He'll still have to fight for his own healing and future.

However, his biggest stated reason he wants to come back to us is because he says *here* is the only place he has ever felt safe in his entire life. That is HUGE for him and his healing. It's also humbling that we can do nothing ordinary or special and yet provide the only sense of safety he has ever exeperienced.

Two other adoptees disappeared from the home and they aren't investigating?

I cannot speak at this point. I really, really cannot. Ask me for details in six months and I will GLADLY give them in depth. For now, I do want to answer this one question. The issue is not being ignored, not by a long shot. I'm just not at liberty to talk about any of it. It's not just *my* attorney that would kill me at this point if I said anything beyond a reassurance that this is being investigated.

Archived