IGNORED

Did Kendal get hacked?

contrary

That baby is cute.

Kendall's fundie friends will not, repeat not, find this photo funny or cute in the least.

That picture's adorable. I cannot imagine getting worked up about it, but I have no frame of reference for some of the things these people care about.

True fact: when my then-1 yo daughter fell asleep under a table at a family gathering, my husband and stepfather put an empty liquor bottle under her arm and took pictures.

I think this photo is probably the most normal thing I have seen from Kendal! Too bad she still does not believe in giving her children an adequate education.

Her signature "For His Glory" looks like a caption under the last photo. I had a good laugh over that. "Oh God who hast blessed us with Corona in thine infinite mercy..."

I think that it actually won't have quite the impact you think it will ;)

There are definitely fundies who don't drink alcohol at all (duggars and most of their friends don't drink, and even believe wine in the bible means grape juice, it's a very baptist thing, so anyone from the IFB crowd tends to believe alcohol is evil)

But in my experience, fundies who don't shun alcohol altogether actually tend to drink a moderate amount! I know a lot of fundie/fundie-lite families who not only drink but make their own beer/wine, homebrew, right beside their homemade bread and homemade yogurt. The family from life in a shoe drink wine at least, it was mentioned in a post a few months back, and many fundie families enjoy wine with dinner on a nightly basis (these days considered too much alcohol apparently, if you listen to pop science). My husbands 'drinking buddy' is the father of a homeschooling conservative family with 6 kids, they enjoy those boutique beers that you buy individually, and my christmas gifts for everyone last year was a hamper of homemade treats, including a bottle of homemade wine and a bottle of home-flavoured plum pudding vodka (which is specifically requested by everyone on my side of the family every year, it's awesome if I do say so myself)

I got a chuckle from Kendalls picture, I am part of the group that sees no issue with it, I doubt she let the baby actually drink any of it other than gumming the rim. But I was a little suprised, with the adoption paperwork happening, that she was brave enough to post something that, yes, could be taken out of context and used against her.

Archived