IGNORED

Choosing a college major is like dating and that's...okay??

LucySnowe

http://www.liesyoungwomenbelieve.com/index.php?id=1799

I used to have this sinking feeling that choosing my college and major was the educational equivalent of announcing engagement to some guy I'd never met before—total commitment ... and I'd live with the consequences forever. As it turns out, picking a field of study is more like dating than engagement, and your major(s) aren't even disappointed when you dump ‘em for something that fits better! Don't feel pressured to figure out your future freshman year. You may not even end up in a job directly related to your major.

Well, you've *met* the guy; it's just that it wasn't as intense because you were both in high school, and when you went for your campus visit you saw him all dressed up when he was trying to impress you.

But, wow, kind of sensible, though I'd be a bit loathe to take much college planning advice from someone whose experience includes 'online college classes from three different schools, lived on campus at one, attended campus from home at another, and changed my major four times.' That's like getting wedding advice from someone who did a lot of speed dating. ;)

Also, check out this comment:

I have a big concern!

I decided to become a nurse. I was all excited about this. A couple of weeks ago I heard about the new healthcare law that passed && will begin April 2013!!

The law consists that everyone has to get this microchip either on your forthhead or right hand to be able to provide medines or even going to the doctor!! I don't want to get this microchip! This is on revelation 14:9 I think && since I wanted to become a nurse they will make me have this chip! I need advice as soon as possible

I'm sure that 'choosing among the multiple nursing schools that offered me admission' will not be one of her concerns. :roll:

I'm sure that 'choosing among the multiple nursing schools that offered me admission' will not be one of her concerns. :roll:

It sounds like someone's been reading too many of the Left Behind books.

It sounds like someone's been reading too many of the Left Behind books.

Wow! The crazy is strong in that one! I would like to see this article...

Heh, here's a comment.

As microchips are not clearly indicated in scripture as being the mark of the beast, and as they are not put in place until halfway thru the tribulation when the church is not here on the earth...then I don't think you have anything to worry about. I for one will gladly take a microchip if it means serving the Lord more effectively. But I would pray about it and then do whatever the Lord lays upon your heart to do about it.

Great, now the new trend among fundie women will be microships so their headships can keep track of them more easily.

There has been developments in microchips that hold important medical data -- basically a replacement for medic alert jewelry, since you can't lose it. I believe they're generally talking about putting them in the upper arm, not the hand or forehead.

Heh, here's a comment.

Great, now the new trend among fundie women will be microships so their headships can keep track of them more easily.

:lol:

I can't even come up with something snarky, this is just too damn funny.

Love love love Mindy, who responded to the microchip ridiculousness:

Dania,

My advice would be to stop reading ridiculous websites that propagate false information. Just because someone is standing behind a pulpit or writing for a religious website does not make them credible. What you heard/read is absolutely in no way true...that you would even believe it makes me a bit O.o. You may want to adjust your tinfoil hat or actually have some interaction with the real world for a while.

Archived