IGNORED

Best Bets for Duggar Women to Marry

TheSassyOne

I wondered if that was how he really spoke . . . All the younger children's profiles, from Mary downwards seem - immature for their chronological age. Perhaps you're right and they haven't updated for a while.

i don't like some of the family memories either - too many seem to be focused on embarassing/teasing a sibling.

A thought I picked up from reading a comment on another post. Any true political conservative family Jim Bob would align his family with and marry off one or more of his daughters (or JD) of to keep his family relevant? I know the "normal" Republicans wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole, but what about any in the far right, ultra conservative branch?

One of the Arndt men (he's gotta be at least my age thus he's not a boy) is wearing shorts. Out of the question for the Maxwells. Plus doesn't the mother sometimes wear pants?

I saw Arendt family on one of those "lots of kids" specials that spawned the Duggar show. The mom wore shorts. She also said that while at first she felt guilty about having her boys do women's work (gag) all the boys do housework cause there's no way she could do it all. That would be a nice change for one of the Duggar girls.

I think the Payne boys have been sniffing around a lot. Chad seems the most ready to marry, but Thomas is definitely the cuter of the two. I wonder if one of them is interested in Erin Bates.

Jim-Bob has paraded a lot of ATI high-fliers on the show--a big-time financial adviser, the head of Franklin Springs media, etc, as well as their friends the Queries, Wilsons, Bates, Reiths, etc. there are likely a few local families or ATI families nationally who haven't been on tv who are possibilities too--possibly the ones on tv are a smokescreen for privacy. Jim-Bob and Michelle are close in age, so I wouldn't be surprised if their kids "pick" similar age-mates as spouses. Most of their "fellowshipping" is to give time to see if there is someone of interest for those approaching marriage age. That leaves a lot of choices just in the Bates & Wilson families! The older girls have "escaped" to Gothard-approved music clinics, so maybe they could meet someone likely to be approved there.

ATI is not as big on early marriage as Vision Forum--they need young adults to staff their centers and they encourage mission trips, etc. They also don't mind if you do college the "approved" way.

I do expect to hear of most of the "big" Duggars being engaged and planning the wedding by about age 24 though....The new rental house and Jim-Bob's "this may be one of you'all houses" sounds like what's to come.

Archived