IGNORED

Beaverton Cult Sues Ex-Member for Bad Reviews

mystweaver

Dear Chuck O'Neal,

Free speech includes the interwebz.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Beaveton ... 27055.html

Beaverton "Grace" Church is suing former members for posting slander on a personal survivor-esque blog.

He is suing the author of the blog, as well as her adult daughter and two others who posted about the shunning, spiritual abuse, and complete mindfuckery that happened at that church.

Is 'grace' some sort of code-word for messed up beyond all reason churches?

Yeah, good luck to them with this lawsuit. It goes to show how out of touch they are that they think a personal blog that relates personal experience can be libel. :roll:

Dear Chuck O'Neal,

Free speech includes the interwebz.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Beaveton ... 27055.html

Beaverton "Grace" Church is suing former members for posting slander on a personal survivor-esque blog.

He is suing the author of the blog, as well as her adult daughter and two others who posted about the shunning, spiritual abuse, and complete mindfuckery that happened at that church.

Is 'grace' some sort of code-word for messed up beyond all reason churches?

I've wondered the same thing. I also wonder this about about churches that have the word "God" in them - like, are you suggesting that you are the only church of God, and that you are the only ones doing it right?

Taking a page out of the book of Scientology, eh? Just sue everyone with something negative to say. Won't someone think about Tom Cruise?

Tom%20Cruise%20South%20Park.jpg

Taking a page out of the book of Scientology, eh? Just sue everyone with something negative to say. Won't someone think about Tom Cruise?

Tom%20Cruise%20South%20Park.jpg

Just come out of the closet, you're not fooling anyone. I won't think differently of you, Katie won't think differently of you . . .

Just come out of the closet, you're not fooling anyone. I won't think differently of you, Katie won't think differently of you . . .

"But...I'm not in a closet."

I'm thinking Charles O'Neal and "Grace" church are about to find out that if they thought bad reviews on Google and Dex Online and a blogspot blog were bad enough, they're going to learn that news articles don't disappear and Free Jinger is here to stay.

(The blog in question bgbcsurvivors.blogspot.com )

I've wondered the same thing. I also wonder this about about churches that have the word "God" in them - like, are you suggesting that you are the only church of God, and that you are the only ones doing it right?

Here we have a denomination called "Church of God in Christ" (I don't know how wide spread they are, I've only ever seen them in my city, I think I've seen 5). The name sounds a bit presumptuous to me, like not only are they God's church, but they are extra holy, being in Jesus and all!

Here we have a denomination called "Church of God in Christ" (I don't know how wide spread they are, I've only ever seen them in my city, I think I've seen 5). The name sounds a bit presumptuous to me, like not only are they God's church, but they are extra holy, being in Jesus and all!

I sent Chuck an email yesterday, I asked him who would Jesus sue?

Jesus would sue Chuck for defamation and claiming that suing others for mere opinions is what Jesus would want. Jesus would also sue all the homophobic bigots and patriarchal assholes and college-educated bitches who push it onto their uneducated daughters who insist that it's what Jesus would want. You know, the people who lie about Jesus and make him look bad.

Let's see if Chuck knows who Jesus would use.

Looks like this story is going viral. National news outlets are picking up the story.

abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/05/oregon-church-sues-ex-members-over-online-criticism/

nydailynews.com/news/national/oregon-church-sues-ex-members-defamation-blog-criticizing-church-practices-article-1.1077755

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2144038/Pastor-Charles-ONeal-sues-church-members.html

Archived