IGNORED

Sounds like Kelly Bradrick needed a pep talk...

Karsaroni

Me thinks the 5th pregnancy isn't going so well. Understandably her poor body is exhausted, but there is no rest for the weary women in Fundie-land! There's reproducing to be done!

Hubbie Peters' most recent FB post:

"My woman is amazing. There is a certain kind of sturdy endurance that mothers like her build which is superior, in my opinion, to almost every other kind of strength. It is through a voluntary sacrifice of bodily comforts and ease in order to carry out the high call of child bearing and motherhood 24/7/365. It is a calculated commitment to true beauty and fruitfulness, knowing that the cost is big...and the road is long but the reward is unparalleled among achievements. Let the women of the world sneer because she doesn't look or act like them. She has come to expect that, and will take it as inspiration. Her joy is in Christ. Her value is not defined by Cosmopolitan Magazine. And her husband is more in love with her today than ever before.

Kelly, I'm so proud of you!

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:9"

Gag on the word "sturdy" that Peter seems to love so much. Not sure what woman would enjoy being called sturdy, but whatever.

What I want to know is how in the world does Kelly have the time or energy to homeschool her oldest kids!?

"my woman"? Who refers to their wife that way? Sounds caveman-esque. I almost expect to hear some chest-thumping.

"my woman"? Who refers to their wife that way? Sounds caveman-esque. I almost expect to hear some chest-thumping.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuggggghhhhhh. I don't even call myself a feminist and that offends me...

He's so damn hyper all the time, like the Tom Cruise of Dominionism. I want to see him jump on a marital bed while being interviewed by Kevin Swanson.

Or maybe Peter just needs to keep convincing himself.

And, one's joy in Christ has nothing to do with serial child-birthing. Women can have joy in Christ without having children, before having children and post-menopause. The focus is wrong.

I don't know any woman whose value is defined by Cosmopolitan. These guys latch onto somethng that they think is meaningful to the rest of us, and, by belittling it, think they are getting in a good whack at us.

I don't know any woman whose value is defined by Cosmopolitan. These guys latch onto somethng that they think is meaningful to the rest of us, and, by belittling it, think they are getting in a good whack at us.

well I don't really like cosmos, so nope never defined by it :lol:

Hate that magazine with passion of a thousand burning nuns.Marketing your magazine as toward liberated young women when in reality you tell women how to be better sex objects to men and as a side effect you might as well enjoy it too is revolting.

"Her value is not defined by Cosmopolitan Magazine." Oh man, I've been using the wrong assessment tool? Excuse me while I reevaluate my life decisions, accomplishments, and self-worth... Ok, done.

I can see that "sturdy" would have been a desirable quality in a wife 100 years ago or more. Life was harder and more dangerous for everyone, and with no reliable birth control you would want a mate who is likely to survive several pregnancies and live into old age with you. Today, sturdiness is something I value in my shelves. Peter could tell his wife that she is beautiful and strong, or that he is awed by her love for their family, or any other adjective that is actually flattering.

And, one's joy in Christ has nothing to do with serial child-birthing. Women can have joy in Christ without having children, before having children and post-menopause. The focus is wrong.

Creaky Mom, I love you!! You hit the nail on the head! SO true!! And also totally agree w/ this statement:

Hate that magazine with passion of a thousand burning nuns.

I'm not sure if that was intentional or not, but I'm dying right now imagining Sister Act going up in flames.

women are sneering at her ? Who's sneering??? More fake persecution!!!!!!

I feel sorry for her.

Free Kelly!

What I want to know is how in the world does Kelly have the time or energy to homeschool her oldest kids!?

I'm not sure if that was intentional or not, but I'm dying right now imagining Sister Act going up in flames.

:laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

I'm certainly not sneering at poor Kelly--I'm wishing to God I could rescue her.

The tool who calls himself her husband couldn't care less that he's putting her health--no, her life--in jeopardy yet again.

He's so damn hyper all the time, like the Tom Cruise of Dominionism. I want to see him jump on a marital bed while being interviewed by Kevin Swanson.

Marry me, DWT.

And, yeah, who's deeper into the closet--Petey or Tom? YOU decide!

I have a real bad feeling about this pregnancy. After she had so much trouble with the last ones, I doubt that this one will go smoothly. Does anybody know whether they go and see an obgyn or are they just as nuts as the PP and Zsu?

I would SO buy a ticket to that.

"Sturdy" is fast becoming a euphemism for "Puts up with lots of shit" in my book. Poor Kelly.

yes.. poor Kelly! Since she was some kind of the princess of the whole SAHD-thing, the pressure on her must be even worse than to all the other women we follow and that struggle with the role god their daddies gave them.

I think the post sounds as if Kelly is having a difficult pregnancy. But, sturdy as she is, she is a trooper and even though it is ruining her health, she is going forward with her fifth pregnancy in what, five years? It must be tough to homeschool, be continually pregnant, help your headship run a myriad of home based businesses, travel around "encouraging" like minded families, probably grow a garden organically, do home canning, yada, yada, yada, as Kelly must do. Don't any of them ever say, "Enough!"

Hahahaha!!! :laughing-rolling: If unintentional, that's my favorite riffle on FJ!!!

It was intentional. I read it somewhere on some site about bad fan fiction typos and such and it is just to fun not to use.

Hate that magazine with passion of a thousand burning nuns.Marketing your magazine as toward liberated young women when in reality you tell women how to be better sex objects to men and as a side effect you might as well enjoy it too is revolting.

Could we burn priests instead of nuns? Granted, nuns aren't without sin, but pedophile priests seem to have done more damage.

Archived