IGNORED

Sounds like Kelly Bradrick needed a pep talk...

Karsaroni

It sounds to me like Kelly is having problems dealing with the fact she's not the virginal young vision forum princess anymore.

There is nothing glamorous about five back to back pregnancies, and god knows what the combination of pregnancy and exhaustion is doing to her body. But she's told she has to achieve the almost impossible - constant pregnancies to fulfill dominion requirements but also to be an attractive, vibrant helpmeet always available for fellowship with Peter.

She got a lot more attention and acclaim for doing nothing more than being a pretty stay at home daughter who saved herself for Dougie's favorite intern. Now she's doing something truly difficult that is undermining the looks she has based so much self worth on and getting less attention. Everyone one knows is always excited about baby number one, by number five people don't get so worked up. And won't again unless she makes it to truly scary numbers like Michelle Duggar. So she's got a whole lot of increasingly difficult pregnancies with increasingly little attention in her future.

Marry me, DWT.

And, yeah, who's deeper into the closet--Petey or Tom? YOU decide!

Marry me too DWT.I was thinking the same thing. :clap:

Creaky Mom, I love you!! You hit the nail on the head! SO true!! And also totally agree w/ this statement:

And smuk, smuk to you too, Karsaroni.

It really reveals how warped the thinking is, doesn't it?

I don't know any woman whose value is defined by Cosmopolitan. These guys latch onto somethng that they think is meaningful to the rest of us, and, by belittling it, think they are getting in a good whack at us.

Indeed, there it is again, that same old false dichotomy. "You're either religious like us and believe in all our rules and supernatural views, or else you're a tawdry immodest tramp with no values and no meaningful goals in life, obsessed with fleeting pleasures of the flesh."

There is no room to acknowledge that sincere secular lifestyles are possible, that non-religious women might live modest, meaningful lives of purpose. There is no room for people to leave religion for intellectual reasons of any kind - no, you just don't want to deal with the rules and want to run to drugs, sex, and Hollywood twaddle, AND deep down inside you know it's wrong.

Fundies across the board pull this same line, constantly. It's completely bogus and needs to be called out.

Cosmo still exists? :o

Yup, you can usually find it behind a black cover in the checkout rack.

It sounds to me like Kelly is having problems dealing with the fact she's not the virginal young vision forum princess anymore.

There is nothing glamorous about five back to back pregnancies, and god knows what the combination of pregnancy and exhaustion is doing to her body. But she's told she has to achieve the almost impossible - constant pregnancies to fulfill dominion requirements but also to be an attractive, vibrant helpmeet always available for fellowship with Peter.

She got a lot more attention and acclaim for doing nothing more than being a pretty stay at home daughter who saved herself for Dougie's favorite intern. Now she's doing something truly difficult that is undermining the looks she has based so much self worth on and getting less attention. Everyone one knows is always excited about baby number one, by number five people don't get so worked up. And won't again unless she makes it to truly scary numbers like Michelle Duggar. So she's got a whole lot of increasingly difficult pregnancies with increasingly little attention in her future.

Word

I was looking for a more up-to-date picture of Kelly Bradrick when I came across THIS:

broken linkypoo: http://www DOT ncfic DOT org/marriage2013

Since I suspect, that like Bradrick the security outfit, this will be Gone with the Wind once they figure out we're snarking on them, I've taken the opportunity to save the graphics.

7155182592_66a46e1570_c.jpg

This is one of my favorite gatherings. It is small and intimate and it takes place in our home - my favorite place on the planet. We limit the group size to 24 couples and we spend the whole time in our living room. Deborah and I have been married for 29 years. My parents, Bill and Mary Brown, who have been married for 63 years are a very special addition. We also will have all of our married children with us and that provides many opportunities for conversation about matters of getting married. Peter and Kelly have been married for four years, David and Monica for 10 months and Taylor and Blair for 3 months.

We will consider God's beautiful design for marriage and define what makes for godly intimacy in marriage. We will illustrate from scripture how headship and submission work in marriage, and how husbands and wives lovingly work for one another's sanctification, and how to troubleshoot problems in marriage.

We will outline how to identify potential spouses for our children, detail how we encourage young men to ready themselves for marriage, and identify various ways to connect with others who may be potential marriage partners.

Peter and Kelly Bradrick will tell their story and share principles and lessons they learned while working toward marriage.

We will identify how to prepare sons and daughters for marriage and lay the foundation from the early years. We will study the scripture for how young people should treat one another in the church.

We will also speak of “leaving and cleaving,†and how to conduct oneself while planning the wedding and how to become a godly in-law.

It's so precious I just wanted to barf. What makes the Browns and Bradricks think they are so fucking special? Rather, they should have my parents to talk about how they've stayed married nearly 53 years (and out of of those 53 years, my mom has had full blown paranoid schizophrenia for 45 years), except my parents don't put themselves forward as the be all (or Beall) and end all to marriage.

Oh yeah, this costs $275 to sit in their living room.

Damn, 48 people in their living room? How the hell big is that living room?

Damn, 48 people in their living room? How the hell big is that living room?

The Browns live in a large converted barn and the entire living room area is quite large (you can go to Scott's website to see photos of the open floor plan). They use it for smallish conferences -- lots of couches/love seats. It's actually pretty cool.

Kelly doesn't exactly look like the SAHD princess in that conference photo. She looks stupified, and slightly annoyed.

I was looking for a more up-to-date picture of Kelly Bradrick when I came across THIS:

broken linkypoo: http://www DOT ncfic DOT org/marriage2013

Since I suspect, that like Bradrick the security outfit, this will be Gone with the Wind once they figure out we're snarking on them, I've taken the opportunity to save the graphics.

7155182592_66a46e1570_c.jpg

It's so precious I just wanted to barf. What makes the Browns and Bradricks think they are so fucking special? Rather, they should have my parents to talk about how they've stayed married nearly 53 years (and out of of those 53 years, my mom has had full blown paranoid schizophrenia for 45 years), except my parents don't put themselves forward as the be all (or Beall) and end all to marriage.

Oh yeah, this costs $275 to sit in their living room.

This credit bit at the bottom:

(Boston Common Gardens picture from Rick Harris. Original).

is inaccurate. That is the Boston Public Garden, which are distinct from the Boston Common.

Sheesh.

The Sanders parents visited this conference few years ago. They even made a blog post about it but I don't have time right now to search for it. But here's a picture where you can see them sitting on the couch in the middle of it all: ncfic.org/files/Barn3.png

So much for spunky Mama Sanders being different from the rest of the fundies...

Wow, what a nice living room. Intimate. ...intimate ... intimate

That's the last time I quote Family Guy, I swear.

The Sanders parents visited this conference few years ago. They even made a blog post about it but I don't have time right now to search for it. But here's a picture where you can see them sitting on the couch in the middle of it all: ncfic.org/files/Barn3.png

So much for spunky Mama Sanders being different from the rest of the fundies...

"Spunky Mama Sanders" bugs me for some reason. I can't put my finger on it. I think it is her over-exaggerated facial expressions (like Jim Carrey) that are caught on her face in almost every photo I've seen of her. She certainly must be the life of the party all the time, but she really seems full of herself. She's lucky her homeliness didn't repeat itself in her daughters.

Why do Kelly and Peter get to headline when the other married kids and even the grandparents are just mentioned as other speakers?

And what happened to Christians sharing with other Christians out of kindness and a sense of community instead of for profit? And pretty major profit at that at those prices for a talk in ones own living room,

ncfic.org/marriage2013

Linky for those on mobile devices.

Kelly doesn't exactly look like the SAHD princess in that conference photo. She looks stupified, and slightly annoyed.

bigears.jpg

Or one I did last year;

youcomenearme.jpg

Just like when he announced in the video I am here with my wife, pregnant with our 5th child and our 4 children. He's such a show off, and an asshole.

It was intentional. I read it somewhere on some site about bad fan fiction typos and such and it is just to fun not to use.

I think it was something one of the recappers at TWoP used to say, like "For God's sack" and "blah blah blah fishcakes".

Thanks to whoever posted the linky for mobiles! I'm reminded how much I've coveted the green skirt on the lady in the photo far bottom, left-hand corner. Only I'd want it just-below-knee length.

Apropos Quween Kelly: she's the oldest of 4 *adopted* kids, so for her PGcy was probably a romanticized notion. S-PRIIIZE!

And remember that the anti-DWT -- KISA-- posted that Kelly could've had her choice of *any* single Dominionist men and chose Peter. Remember that she chose to lay flat on the ground and roll herself under a fence, rather than expect her own father or Peter to give her a hand over it (because she was wearing a long skirt and couldn't modestly climb over it). And Peter's heart swelled with appreciation at such "a sturdy girl."

....free "poor" Kelly? No...I still think she'd hit any rescuer between his/her legs with whatever weapon lay nearby (remember, she hauls boiling water for 5 peoples' baths every morning!) rather than leave The Lifestyle.

I think it was something one of the recappers at TWoP used to say, like "For God's sack" and "blah blah blah fishcakes".

Now that I think of you could be right about that.

Thanks to whoever posted the linky for mobiles! I'm reminded how much I've coveted the green skirt on the lady in the photo far bottom, left-hand corner. Only I'd want it just-below-knee length.

Apropos Quween Kelly: she's the oldest of 4 *adopted* kids, so for her PGcy was probably a romanticized notion. S-PRIIIZE!

And remember that the anti-DWT -- KISA-- posted that Kelly could've had her choice of *any* single Dominionist men and chose Peter. Remember that she chose to lay flat on the ground and roll herself under a fence, rather than expect her own father or Peter to give her a hand over it (because she was wearing a long skirt and couldn't modestly climb over it). And Peter's heart swelled with appreciation at such "a sturdy girl."

....free "poor" Kelly? No...I still think she'd hit any rescuer between his/her legs with whatever weapon lay nearby (remember, she hauls boiling water for 5 peoples' baths every morning!) rather than leave The Lifestyle.

I don't feel sorry for Kelly. She made her own crappy choices in life and probably doesn't want to be rescued. It would be nice if she had the intelligence to realize that her disappointment is caused by the choices that she made not a faulty trust in god.

Her kids are another story. I hope that once they reach 18, they run like hell from their dad and mom.

Archived