IGNORED

Pepsi stops using "aborted fetuses"

BelieveinScience

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/boycot ... avor-enhan

I'm confused about what Pepsi is exactly stopping aren't the fetal cells actually not in the pepsi product? (Maybe im tired and not reading this right)

But this stood out to me "Senomyx receives royalties for products sold using their ingredients. If they do not use aborted fetal cell lines, they offend no one; if they do, they most certainly offend at least half of US consumers who are prolife. "

Are really half of americans that pro life they would boycott??

I started reading the comments and now they're turning to boycotting pepsi because the promote the homosexual lifestyle. poor poor persecuted christians living in a world that doesnt care about their feelings.

now they're turning to boycotting pepsi because the promote the homosexual lifestyle

Of course they are. These wackos will not stop until the world is cleansed of everyone who would dare to hold beliefs that differ from their own. They're a scary bunch.

Happy to say that I had a Pepsi today! I feel as if I scored a hat trick: sucking down aborted fetuses, supporting teh ghey agenda, AND celebrating my freedom to drink Teri Maxwell's idol. :dance:

ETA: I don't even understand how fetal cells would be used in a flavor enhancer, and the article does nothing to explain why the company would do so.

Happy to say that I had a Pepsi today! I feel as if I scored a hat trick: sucking down aborted fetuses, supporting teh ghey agenda, AND celebrating my freedom to drink Teri Maxwell's idol. :dance:

Hmmm I'm craving one myself!!!! LOL

Of course they are. These wackos will not stop until the world is cleansed of everyone who would dare to hold beliefs that differ from their own. They're a scary bunch.

I know my friend who posted the article on FB pointed out that next we should all go after the aborted fetuses used in vaccines.

They don't actually put the "aborted fetal cels" in the drink. In fact, the way the pro-lifers are presenting the issue is entirely off-base. There is a cell line that was started using the cells of ONE aborted fetus. Scientists have cultured these cells and had them reproduce. Cells from this cell line are used for all sorts of medical research. They are also used to test flavoring. They are not added to any drinks. The flavoring is introduced to the cells and scientists (I'm not quite sure how this bit works) are able to determine if humans will like the flavor enhancers. If anything, all of our lovely pepsi beverages have flavor enhancers that were tested on cells that are "descendants" of the cells of an aborted fetus.

Edited to add: Wikipedia has a fairly good explanation- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HEK_cell

I started reading the comments and now they're turning to boycotting pepsi because the promote the homosexual lifestyle. poor poor persecuted christians living in a world that doesnt care about their feelings.

I wish Pepsi would embrace all around equality, but it doesn't. I'd boycott Pepsi for sexism ahead of any supposed "aborted fetuses". I didn't know Pepsi promotes the homosexual lifestyle? I thought they were all about men doing manly things? ;)

They don't actually put the "aborted fetal cels" in the drink. In fact, the way the pro-lifers are presenting the issue is entirely off-base. There is a cell line that was started using the cells of ONE aborted fetus. Scientists have cultured these cells and had them reproduce. Cells from this cell line are used for all sorts of medical research. They are also used to test flavoring. They are not added to any drinks. The flavoring is introduced to the cells and scientists (I'm not quite sure how this bit works) are able to determine if humans will like the flavor enhancers. If anything, all of our lovely pepsi beverages have flavor enhancers that were tested on cells that are "descendants" of the cells of an aborted fetus.

Edited to add: Wikipedia has a fairly good explanation- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HEK_cell

Oh, I get it now! Thanks. Of course, one can't rely on anti-choice propaganda to provide an actual explanation of anything.

Hmmm I'm craving one myself!!!! LOL

I will drink that posion for you while you're cooking that baby. You don't want her to be exposed to the ghays. :roll:

I will drink that posion for you while you're cooking that baby. You don't want her to be exposed to the ghays. :roll:

Too LATE!!! she's :gay-rainbow: :gay-color: already been exposed... my brother and his partner... and her mommy and daddy are both bi.....

And none of you would be this way if you had just stayed away from the pepsi!!!!111! :lol:

And none of you would be this way if you had just stayed away from the pepsi!!!!111! :lol:

I switched to diet coke TOO LATE!!! :confusion-seeingstars:

OMG so my addiction to Pespi products is the real reason I am a lesbian. I never knew. All this time I thought it was the beer I drank (Yeungling Black and Tan) and the sushi I ate (spicy tuna roll, thank you very much). It's the pepsi. Wow. I'll have to lay off the pepsi.

Ooh, can't do it. I am addicted to Pespi One. Sucked down 4 cans today. Oh well, I do so enjoy 'em. And staring at beautiful women.

Now what I want to know is why I'm not a lesbian or Bi? I have had pepsi products since childhood and I'm 98% straight*.

*You gotta admit there are some folks that just float your boat even if they are the same/opposite sex from what you prefer.

Now what I want to know is why I'm not a lesbian or Bi? I have had pepsi products since childhood and I'm 98% straight*.

*You gotta admit there are some folks that just float your boat even if they are the same/opposite sex from what you prefer.

My headship claims Johnny Depp falls into that category. :)

The reason you have been able to resist, Ladypuglover is because you are just so G-dly. We should all purpose to follow your example.

OMG so my addiction to Pespi products is the real reason I am a lesbian. I never knew. All this time I thought it was the beer I drank (Yeungling Black and Tan) and the sushi I ate (spicy tuna roll, thank you very much). It's the pepsi. Wow. I'll have to lay off the pepsi.

Ooh, can't do it. I am addicted to Pespi One. Sucked down 4 cans today. Oh well, I do so enjoy 'em. And staring at beautiful women.

Me too! It must've been all the Pepsi Blue I drank as a teenager. Oh how I miss it. It must've had that lesbian additive dye, Indigo #69.

Thanks, Pepsi! :romance-adore:

ETA: Pepsi Blue was introduced later than I remembered, so I was older and already living in sweet lesbian bliss. Hmmmm. Must've been the diet Pepsi, then.

My headship claims Johnny Depp falls into that category. :)

The reason you have been able to resist, Ladypuglover is because you are just so G-dly. We should all purpose to follow your example.

:lol: Hardly, I'm just drink coke, water and herbal tea too. :whistle:

We won't talk about back in the days where I would get 5 sheets to the wind and dance on the table tops because we all know no one puts aborted fetuses in booze. :whistle:

Wait. The worm. That doesn't count does it? :shifty:

Dammit, I was so looking forward to a nice drink of fetus flavoured pepsi and now you're telling me that I can't have that?

well I must say it's disgusting and I am actually glad I don't drink sodas anymore.

When did a single cell become a fetus. Also do they know the fetal stage of development in humans doesn't begein until the 9th week after conception (11 week pregnancy).

When did a single cell become a fetus. Also do they know the fetal stage of development in humans doesn't begein until the 9th week after conception (11 week pregnancy).

I thought that's how people talk in the US honestly. There are embryos and then there are foetuses. glad to know it's just a shortcut everyone uses.

So far, I haven't seen evidence that any cell line has actually been used to test flavoring, either. Maybe it is the case, but maybe not.

Apparently (due to the ridiculous scaremongering) a statement was issued that they WON'T use the cell line. That doesn't necessarily infer that they ever did. Maybe they did, maybe not.

The whole thing is ridiculous.

I have an adult daughter whose degree is culinary science. Her capstone was beverage development. She did taste panels with real live human beings to develop her product. She did certain basic chemistry analyses. .......... No cell lines of any kind.

Maybe it happens, maybe not.

Some people have to hunt for something to make a big deal about. Gah.

Oh, I generally prefer Coke over Pepsi, but maybe I will just go buy a carton of Pepsis.

STOO.PID.

Archived